Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Swift told people to vote. Republicans got mad because the more that people vote, the less power they have. Is there something more than this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Hot takes:

Jordan Love will regress to somewhere between his bad start to the year and his good end. Just watching him, his fundamentals are all hosed up. He was probably lucky to only throw one pick in the 2nd half of the year. The Packers will miss the playoffs and be in a quandary about what to do with their possible franchise QB who hasn't really done anything. They will miss the playoffs.

Detroit will regress because they will have a new OC who is probably going to be worse. Because Goff is 100% reliant on having a clean pocket and the OL was so good this year, those things will probably regress, too. Detroit will not win 12 games but may make the playoffs as a wild card.

Minnesota got slammed with injuries this year. Had JJ and Cousins not gotten injured, they probably make the playoffs. I think they win the division next year, assuming they resign Cousins.

Chicago is a wild card. Who the gently caress knows what is going to happen with them. There is the argument that they have to pick Caleb because he is a "can't miss" prospect. OTOH, they do have a QB with a ton of talent that has likely been screwed by playing for Chicago. Either they trade the #1 for a haul, and perhaps get Marvin Harrison, or they trade Fields. I think their best bet is to keep the pick and trade Fields and effectively reset their window. Fields will get expensive before the team can fix all their problems. Problems they would still need to fix with Wiliams, but won't have to pay him for a few more years. Chicago will miss the playoffs.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

Love's fundamentals are actually really good, yeah.

poo poo, I thought that throwing off your back foot constantly was considered bad. I'd always understood you want a solid base or your accuracy turns to poo poo. Maybe I misunderstood.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

kiimo posted:

A lot of time to think about this game and anything could happen. But consider this...after this game we could be talking about Pat in terms of "three time super bowl champion and three time super bowl MVP Patrick Mahomes". Like, this is a legacy-cementing post season. Here's the list of 3-time SB MVPs

Tom Brady
Joe Montana

Here's the list of guys who have done it before 30:

So you are saying after Purdy wins, he just needs to do it 2 more times in the next 5 seasons? Sounds like a plan.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

A Buffer Gay Dude posted:

My football highlight was probably scoring four touchdowns in a single game against Andrew Johnson High in the City Championship game. I still remember the play call where I scored on a 75 yard run, “42 blast”. Good stuff.

You probably ended up selling shoes or some poo poo.