Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Trump actually paying bills seems very un-Trump

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

If SC voters have been sidelined because they've always went third instead of second, then *gestures to 47 other states*

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Main Paineframe posted:

Inflation, inflation, inflation. As they say, "it's the economy, stupid".

In my experience, only left-wing people that hate Biden assume that the dissatisfaction is primarily coming from the left. Actual polling has pretty consistently demonstrated that Biden's bigger problem is with people who don't give a gently caress about culture war issues either way but are real mad about how much grocery prices have risen.

Doesn't grocery prices come down to the issue that the food industry raised prices because COVID and then realized they don't have to lower them back down

Also, I really want to meet the person who is pro-nationalize pharmaceuticals and also pro-wall

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

It was a not insignificant amount of people in 2016.

Something like 10% of Clinton voters and 20% of Trump voters were in the "more liberal economically than average, but more conservative socially than average" vote quadrant.

"Social conservative" also needs further crosstabs like "moderate" I guess. Someone who is pro-abortion and mandatory gay-marriage but also pro-wall would seem to break a lot of traditional metrics.

Demsneedtobemoreracist.tweet

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

zoux posted:

I mean, waiting for the other guys to have some absences isn't cheating, it's part of the ballgame. This happens in every legislative body in the country.

The bill didn't also pass because McCarthy and Santos are gone and Scalise is out for the week, I don't think that we should let them have a mulligan on that poo poo either.

Is there anything stopping Johnson from trying again next week

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Eric Cantonese posted:

Did anyone actually know Peter Parker? But yeah, I guess no one was tempted to take a picture of his face and sell it.

Reminds me of the Justice League episode where Luthor bodyjacked the Flash and had no idea who the secret identity was

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah, also newer batman(and even old batman) actually did stuff for the community and like gave criminals real jobs and poo poo. the "evil facist batman" poo poo is from miller. I like batman drat it. Rip Kevin conroy.

Killer Croc tried to reform and there's a page of him being rejected from every interview possible

As someone also going through the job hunt, I get why he stayed a monster cannibal for so long

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Randalor posted:

Not to mention that I don't think you can fully get rid of things like smuggling, so if you sweep out the supervillains that just means the mafias start to move in (again).

In some timeline, Batman's first real enemy was the Falcone/Maroni mafia before Joker and the rest of the freaks showed up

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

On one hand, the death of print media and the slow bleeding of journalism is overall not great for a lot of reasons

zoux posted:

No, you are correct. The problem is the WH correspondents are omitting the ‘present himself as’ part for clicks because they want this narrative.

https://twitter.com/seungminkim/status/1755683046915731465

https://twitter.com/AshleyRParker/status/1755686469610442789

It’s only a gift if the press continues to remove context: which they absolutely will.

Bottom line is Biden’s gonna have to do more press to dispel it

OTOH the current press/media are completely useless I hope they all lose their jobs

Nissin Cup Nudist fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Feb 9, 2024

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Why is Biden wrapped up in Trump's classified documents debacle anyway, or does Biden have his own issues with classified stuff?

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Eric Cantonese posted:

They found classified documents in his house in Delaware last year. You don't remember that?

I was busy finishing my dissertation so had other stuff on the mind

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Can the Biden electoralism get its own thread already so other people can post about the lady who shot up a megachurch

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

While I thought this was a good thing at the time, it's pretty cleary the opposite now

The worst thing is, even if the entire court had a stroke and reversed themselves, the sports leagues probably don't want PAPSA back anymore

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

If the same advertising rules that apply to Big Tobacco also appy to Gambling, that would be a start

Also, if Big Tobacco ties to sue to overturn the advertising ban in tyool 2024, they'd probably win :suicide:

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

on another note, where's your av from?

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Edward Mass posted:

As an IK for the gambling sub-forum here on the SA Forums, I have some authority in saying that while sports gambling can be legal, it needs to be regulated like similar vices. If states can legalize recreational cannabis usage and control its distribution, they should also be able to do the same for SpendKings.

speaking of vices, if prostitution is ever legalized, I wonder what those ads will look like

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

I read a story that talked about how much Williamsburg (NY) has gentrified over the years. While gentrification is not great, how would one counteract the process? You can't prevent folks from moving to new places, so I guess something to do with housing maybe?

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Harris, newsom, whitmer, Shapiro, pritsker, Pete, probably someone from from the squad, probably warren again, maybe bernie, probably more or some unknowns.

Kentucky guy as well

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Good info here.

In addition to housing, would it help if all the good yuppie jobs were spread over the country instead of just the desirable cities? Like, some people would never move to Bumfuck, Midwest US no matter what but it would be a lot more desirable if they got 250K/yr to do so

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

what the hell is a "great neck" thing

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

zoux posted:

Well let’s activate the ol Right Wing Nutjob RNG and

https://twitter.com/thedailybeast/status/1757908503916917050

Thats a good one

You know, I've never heard of Soros in when he's not acting as the right wing boogeyman

What does he do as a day job?

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

He made an enormous amount of money by betting against the conservative U.K. government's monetary policy in the 90's (literally billions) and has basically been investing that money and using profits from investment to live his life and fund his pet political projects (post-apartheid charity work in South Africa, progressive political groups in Western Europe and the U.S., pro-democracy groups in Eastern Europe and Asia, giving money directly to people in Africa, informed suicide, drug legalization, funding universities in rural areas of Russia post-Communism, he established the Central European University, and he donates a ton of money to Bard college in the United States).

His donations to progressive groups and "informed suicide"/right-to-die organizations really triggered a lot of the right-wing anger and conspiracy (plus the "rich Jewish investor manipulates the banking industry" conspiracy actually was pretty close to what he did in England).

oh, another finance/hedge fund guy. Should have guessed that.

at least he's not a total ghoul like all the others

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Gyges posted:

The thing is, he's already activated all the low engagement chuds. There's no longer a large untapped block of electorally silent haters to suddenly show up at the polls. The X Factor seems to be people who voted Biden reluctantly or stayed home in shame. Will they still find Biden acceptable enough to show up or not vote Trump?

I would have said Trump got all the low engagement chuds in 2016 but he somehow got way more votes in 2020

I'm assuming a lot more first time chuds will spawn out of the aether once again

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

just eliminate districts entirely and divvy out reps based on popular vote

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Is there an estimate of how many IVF procedures are done a year

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

volts5000 posted:

Also, didn't see this mentioned. Check your phones because there's been a big cellular network outage across the country and affecting the big three carriers

AT&T customers hit by widespread cellular outages in U.S.

Thx ATT you fucks I have an interview scheduled

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

If the business wing continues to get marginalized by Trump and the culture warriors, will they ever suck up and switch to supporting the Dems?

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Florida's legislature passed a law that is going to immediately trigger a legal case they will probably lose, but will be interesting to see.

They are attempting to ban all forms of social media for people 16 and under that feature auto-scrolls, feeds, or "addictive features" designed to cause excessive or addictive use.

They believe they will get around any potential first amendment issues because it only applies to minors and only targets specific harmful features rather than speech itself.

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-n..._source=twitter

Did Florida just ban these forums

:gas:

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Is racism a material condition?

cause everything comes down to racism in the end

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

confused posted:

Looking at the results so far, I wouldn't be surprised if uncommitted ended up above 20%. That would be about 200k people. 40k more than the margin Biden beat Trump by in Michigan in 2020.

Protest voting in a meaningless primary is one thing, but I wonder how many of these same folks will do the same in the general

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Time to log off for a bit then

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

koolkal posted:

A plurality of both Democrats and Independents disapprove of Israel's handling of the war and want more humanitarian aid to Gaza instead of military aid to Israel. In fact, most voters in general don't want the US to continue giving Israel military aid.

https://web.archive.org/web/20240223223833/https://pro.morningconsult.com/analysis/israel-hamas-polling-february-2024

None of this really matters though since much of the party is just doing whatever is necessary to keep Biden competitive with Trump. Biden is clearly continuing to pursue his current course of action because he just really loves Israel and he has no issues with taking down the party with him and letting Trump win. And the party can't exactly criticize him because he is the incumbent and is going to be the candidate and needs all the help he can get right now.

So you end up in this bizarre situation where most Dem politicians are way to the right of your average Dem voter on the issue because they have to support Genocide Joe or else Trump wins. A majority of even Republicans ("At the same time, roughly 3 in 5 voters — including 70% of Democrats, 55% of independents and 51% of Republicans — continue to express support for a cease-fire, similar to the levels of support captured last month.") want a ceasefire while tons of Dem politicians absolutely refuse to say the word.

And heres a poll that says mostly the opposite

https://twitter.com/DSchwammenthal/status/1762560219270300049?t=jSVK0zHN53psJPLu2lVpyw&s=19

can we just ban pollsters already

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Has anyone seen Melania lately? Are we sure she's still around somewhere?

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

PoopShipDestroyer posted:

I really don't care, do u?

Not really, I just find it funny

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

if the AMA and insurance is against civil immunity, then civil immunity is ... good?

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

I hope aliens are real and are actually just Asari

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

They said they don't have any policy issues with his presidency, but they think he can't beat Trump.

Why would they admit this wtf :psyduck:

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Id sign up for Dictator Bernie Sanders

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Majorian posted:

In what way have Biden's policies/initiatives/expansions of presidential powers been "radical," exactly? Can you be specific?

e:

In terms of domestic policy, I think LBJ would fit that description far more (obviously his foreign policy was anything but progressive, sadly). Pushing things like Medicare and the Civil Rights Act through Congress while at the head of a deeply divided party strike me as radical accomplishments. I don't see how Biden's accomplishments measure up.

I know this forum is all olds now, but its entirely possible for someone parents to have been born past LBJ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Morrow posted:

Most people are drug abusers. Coffee and alcohol are socially acceptable uppers and downers that most people use every day.

what about lefters and righters