Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the greatest love story in video games?
This poll is closed.
Tidus & Yuna (Final Fantasy X) 14 7.37%
Wakka & Lulu (Final Fantasy X) 8 4.21%
Wakka & Yuna (Final Fantasy X) 1 0.53%
Lulu & Rikku (Final Fantasy X) 13 6.84%
Rikku & Tidus (Final Fantasy X) 3 1.58%
Kimahri & Yuna (Final Fantasy X) 2 1.05%
Tidus & Ifrit (Final Fantasy X) 16 8.42%
Yuna & Rikku (Final Fantasy X) 16 8.42%
Wakka & Wakka (Final Fantasy X) 70 36.84%
Auron & Kimahri (Final Fantasy X) 23 12.11%
Kimahri & Tidus (Final Fantasy X) 15 7.89%
Yuna & Tidus (Final Fantasy X) 9 4.74%
Total: 190 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Can't get any Theatrhythm going for the next twenty-four hours or so because the game only loads THE VOID today.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Theatrhythm/comments/1b2medo/is_my_save_corrupted/

quote:

My game got suck connecting forever and now when I try loading it the game goes black screen forever. Please tell it's not lost forever, I really don't want to have to redo everything...

Edit: A solution has been found, for some reason the game cannot work on February 29th, presumably tied to leap years, and as such it'll black screen forever until you change the clock back to the 28th, and presumably any date after the 29th too.

Once the date it changed the game will go back to running perfectly fine again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
We all know psychological horror games try to copy Silent Hill 2 and mostly fail but I wish they would try for Silent Hill 3 sometime (and maybe not fail so much)

Yeah it's not ~☆the game☆~ but man I just love how visceral and stifling it gets, and there's plenty of mundane liminal stuff to enjoy too with the empty mall and stuff

Esoteric roguelite Golden Light was one of the few games to give me its kind of vibe and later parts of Signalis

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Waffleman_ posted:

Oh drat, as part of the EA shift from licensed stuff, Respawn's Star Wars shooter was cancelled, that sucks. Probably not getting Jedi 3 anytime soon either.

Wait, is the one that was a reskin of the leftovers of the Beyond Good and Evil 2 assets, or the one that David Cage was making?

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

Songbearer posted:

We all know psychological horror games try to copy Silent Hill 2 and mostly fail but I wish they would try for Silent Hill 3 sometime (and maybe not fail so much)

Yeah it's not ~☆the game☆~ but man I just love how visceral and stifling it gets, and there's plenty of mundane liminal stuff to enjoy too with the empty mall and stuff

ive been having a ton of fun with Silent Hill, it really is an incredibly unique thing. i thought the controls would throw me but i got it down by Kindergarden Cop. got hosed by a frozen cutscene glitch though after killing the cop (not Arnold)

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Jerusalem posted:

David Cage was making?

Please don't bring curséd ideas like David Cages' Jedi Knight 3 into my happy carefree headspace

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

Wait, is the one that was a reskin of the leftovers of the Beyond Good and Evil 2 assets, or the one that David Cage was making?

Neither, the BG&E one is Ubisoft and I don't know which publisher is working with Cage, but I'm pretty sure it's not EA.

I don't think we've actually seen Respawn's shooter. Hell, I think this might me the first I've heard of it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Gaius Marius posted:

Parasite Eve was a great time. Banger soundtrack. Final boss loving sucks and there's an awful chase sequence at the end where if it catches you you need to start all over, don't stop and try to save and just keep going left until you can overload the engine.

The save point is the first time I can remember a game deliberately trolling me.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Looking forward to my Youtube frontpage spoiling the Rebirth version of Aerith's fate within next 24 hours.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Games I played in February that I'd never played before - all of these are for NES and were played in the context of speedrunning them

Life Force
Sequel to Gradius, really cool weapon upgrade system, not the hardest scrolling shooter I've ever played, only done 50,000 points challenge but would play more

Tetris 2
Kind of a Tetris meets Dr Mario game, I liked it more than tetris 1 personally, very satisfying

Pizza Pop
Obscure japan only platformer, really odd hitboxes but I can beat the whole game in 12 minutes now so I kinda like it, annoying bonus stages

Battletoads & Double Dragon
Way more approachable than Battletoads, smoother feeling than Double Dragon, beat up to stage 4-1 as part of the Big20 but the full game isn't much longer, neat.

Bobl
Cute little homebrew NES game, basically a little maze game where you bounce a bubble on water, beatable in like 5 minutes

Cowboy Kid
Charming nes platformer with great music, have did the 3/6 boss run but would be a fun game to play the whole route, bosses seem way too tanky until you just knife rush them and then its easy

Faxanadu
Thought this was a final fantasy style RPG still playing it, its more of a zelda 2 style side scroller, also great music, feels a bit off at first with the way your character gains momentum, fun game to speedrun

Daydreaming Davey
Absolutely one of the jankiest games I've ever played

Nekketsu Street Basket
River City Ransom meets NBA Jam, kinda jank and not the greatest controls but when you hit a super that flys to the top of the screen and dunks through 3 baskets its a great time

Young Indiana Jones Chronicles
Surprisingly super fun game, probably my favourite from this years big20, satisfying to run, can do the whole game in just over 16 minutes but will defo try for sub 15

Adventures of Lolo 3
Again, thought this would be a cutesy platformer but its really a kinda methodical puzzle game about collecting hearts, super charming and again one thats great to speed run because it goes so fluidly when you take the right steps

Dragon Warrior 4
Almost zero experience with the series but quite charmed by this one, great music and its a real step back in time to play a JRPG from that era, would maybe consider playing a bit more of this than the half a chapter i learned.

Friday 13th
Awful awful game but still fun, highly technical and beatable in 3 minutes if you get lucky

Busy month!

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

I just played a neat, short little game called Return to Grace. It's on gamepass at the moment. You're an archaeologist in the far future looking for an old AI housed in a big spire on Ganymede, and you go exploring the complex (it's mostly a walking simulator) with a variety of fun AI personalities. It's quite short, around 2 hours, nice for an evening playthrough.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Infinitum posted:

Looking forward to my Youtube frontpage spoiling the Rebirth version of Aerith's fate within next 24 hours.

Just started replaying FF7R1, maybe I should go offline until I’ve finished part 2

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?
drat, missed Parasite Eve chat, that game was really atmospheric and interesting. Not sure if I remember correctly but didn't you have to do some "play the game again" to get the true ending bullshit?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Not exactly there was a 100 floor dungeon that's only available on NG+ and I think you got an extra bit of lore if you did it? Never bothered myself.

Also the dungeon was the Chrysler Building lol

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
IIRC the extra stuff isnt canon so its just an alternate what if ending

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Metis of the Chat Thread posted:

I just played a neat, short little game called Return to Grace. It's on gamepass at the moment. You're an archaeologist in the far future looking for an old AI housed in a big spire on Ganymede, and you go exploring the complex (it's mostly a walking simulator) with a variety of fun AI personalities. It's quite short, around 2 hours, nice for an evening playthrough.

Oh that sounds nice, I'll check that out. Cheers

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Y'all should watch woolievs third birthday LP to really see what becomes of your precious eve

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
been playing a lot of small indie mmorpg "world of warcraft" lately

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Shard posted:

Y'all should watch woolievs third birthday LP to really see what becomes of your precious eve

Never heard of that game. Must be made up and fake.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Amp posted:

I have been playing unknown Japanese-developed gem "Resident Evil 4".

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Amp posted:

Ew, take this poo poo to E/N

Edit: you mean Microsoft World of Warcraft 24?

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

mutata posted:

Ew, take this poo poo to E/N

Edit: you mean Microsoft World of Warcraft 24?

no

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Is that the warcraft 2 spinoff? How is it?

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Jay Rust posted:

I'm killing dragons. I'm riding dragons. I'm friends with dragons. Hard to complain.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Man I am psyched to play some FF7 Rebirth today but I almost wish it had come out in like another week. I'm in the final zone of Pacific Drive and still having a blast with it, but I also really want to play FF7, and now I'm going to be so indecisive.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Jay Rust posted:

No that's League of Legends and it's bad.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Amp posted:

I'm killing dragons. I'm riding dragons. I'm friends with dragons. Hard to complain.

You can buy a peacock mount with the free ingame currency in March

It'll cost you 750 tendies out of the 1000 you can earn for the month

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

mmos are poison

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

wtf... why is this thread rated so low... is it an attack from offsite non-gamers?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

It's cause you said MMOs are bad and upset the FF14 crew

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I saw it rated low and voted 1 in hopes of pushing it over into CRAP

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
They didn't say they were bad they said they were poison and I don't think even MMO addicts can disagree

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

it's the badness of MMOs

or that goon who was jerking off over a furry platformer

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's because everyone in this thread sucks

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Sakurazuka posted:

It's because everyone in this thread sucks

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
I know I suck but I'm okay with that. Self actualization means embracing our faults.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
The KOTOR Remake... lives?

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1763239504897253797

Also holy poo poo, Saber is big.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Hell yeah to a studio getting away from Embracer and to KOTOR living

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Waffleman_ posted:

Hell yeah to a studio getting away from Embracer and to KOTOR living

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
Good for Saber, escape the Embrace! More Snowrunner! More KOTOR!

drat, now I feel like picking up Expeditions even more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!

AngryBooch posted:

The KOTOR Remake... lives?

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1763239504897253797

Also holy poo poo, Saber is big.

Why does it need that many people?