Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Barret
Red XIII
Yuffie
Cait Sith
Vincent
Cid
View Results

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
There's a bunch of stufff about Rebirth that I didn't like, and changes I didn't like, but I think Cait Sith rules and I loved all the extra stuff they did with him and they turned him into such a fun combat character in this one. I love his stupid dice move, sometime it's like "blizzaga happens or whatever" but sometimes Ifrit comes out and dropkicking bosses is hilarious. Cait Sith himself feels great to run around with and roll, and his animations are all really good. The box section goes on for way too long, but frankly Rebirth has a bunch of sections that go one way too long

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Cait Sith's likability is the greatest departure from the original.

deoju fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Mar 28, 2024

frosteh
Apr 30, 2009
Is there any way around this g-bike bugged quest for Can't Stop Won't Stop?

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Keep getting wiped by Yin & Yang when it’s almost dead, my complete inability to effectively use cait sith is rearing its head

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
Try to build ATB to cast Fira/Firaga, and save your limit break for when it's staggered. Two or three firas will stagger, and the limit break will kill them during it. The boss has very low health pool

Just block to build ATB up with steadfast block materia so you can stay alive. It's the safest way.

Zedsdeadbaby fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Mar 27, 2024

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

frosteh posted:

Is there any way around this g-bike bugged quest for Can't Stop Won't Stop?

Based on my experience where I completed it just fine a couple days ago, you either have to do the tasks in a certain order (Of the tasks available to me I did the G-Bike last) or not have a high score that's already higher than his (I was in that small margin between "cleared hard" and "below his score")

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
for the haters telling me tifa has big naturals, look yourself in the mirror brother, do u even believe that

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Solus posted:

for the haters telling me tifa has big naturals, look yourself in the mirror brother, do u even believe that

Doc Sheiran was like "well I'm already operating on you for the horrible sword wound so while you're here..."

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Cait Sith has always been good

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Gailan Beast is not going well at all, why the hell am I forced to use cait sith for this too, fml

frosteh
Apr 30, 2009

IcePhoenix posted:

Based on my experience where I completed it just fine a couple days ago, you either have to do the tasks in a certain order (Of the tasks available to me I did the G-Bike last) or not have a high score that's already higher than his (I was in that small margin between "cleared hard" and "below his score")

It seems like if your existing expert mode high score is above 32000 it won't work, but I can't be sure. I think I read somewhere in this thread that someone hadn't even tried expert mode, then got the necessary score, and the quest still didn't complete. Who knows.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You can play as Cloud or any other party member you assigned to the primary squad, and it'll be enough.
Just wait for an opening, run away from attacks and cast fire spells as much as you can. Shooting with Barrett is probably the safest way.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

You can play as Cloud or any other party member you assigned to the primary squad, and it'll be enough.
Just wait for an opening, run away from attacks and cast fire spells as much as you can. Shooting with Barrett is probably the safest way.

I used Barrett a lot for the fight. You can pressure him after a certain attack so I'd trigger that with Barrett. Cycle through his poo poo and then switch to Cloud and do the same.

I still don't quite have the hang of using Cait. It seems I'm either doing a ton of damage with him or jack poo poo.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aHRNjccJE8

Behind-the-scenes for Rebirth part 1 is up :toot:

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
Yuffie and RedXIII seems to fill up their limit break gauges pretty fast, actually able to use theirs in regular battles sometimes.
For Cloud/Tifa, i only ever have a chance to use theirs in longer boss fights

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Its gotta land in the chute while its moving. At the point it stops its too far away for the box to make it.

Serious question for everyone mad at this part: were you throwing into the funnel while it was stopped? Because the whole point was to get it into the funnel while it was moving, like this person said. When the funnel stopped, it dropped the box into the vat. I never had a problem with being unable to throw the box far enough.

Getting the first box onto the elevator to weigh it down required a weird angle but then the others were no problem. And you can skip the “break ten boxes” challenge if you don’t mind missing one of the figurines for Johnny’s Seaside Inn.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Serious question for everyone mad at this part: were you throwing into the funnel while it was stopped? Because the whole point was to get it into the funnel while it was moving, like this person said. When the funnel stopped, it dropped the box into the vat. I never had a problem with being unable to throw the box far enough.

Getting the first box onto the elevator to weigh it down required a weird angle but then the others were no problem. And you can skip the “break ten boxes” challenge if you don’t mind missing one of the figurines for Johnny’s Seaside Inn.

I was trying to throw the box into the funnel while it was moving, I just had dogshit aim. And I'm pretty sure Barret is just standing right there doing nothing at that point surely he could throw a box a bit further no?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

fridge corn posted:

I was trying to throw the box into the funnel while it was moving, I just had dogshit aim. And I'm pretty sure Barret is just standing right there doing nothing at that point surely he could throw a box a bit further no?

That box aiming stuff is so loving weird and unintuitive.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

fridge corn posted:

Barrett only has 1 hand. He's a big fella but probably a bit challenged on the throwing boxes at things front

I recall Barrett was stuck downstairs though, that section is specifically so Cait could power things up and get the party through the area.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

fridge corn posted:

With one arm? That would be no fun. Gotta make the player suffer :twisted:

Cait Sith is fun and goofy if you figure out his moves. I beat Yin & Yang by using Moogle Kaboom then having the moogle distract it and tank hits until it exploded. Also Moogle Knuckle is really good. I’m sure someone is going to figure out some insane strategies with the Moogle that allow them to solo hard fights.

Edit: the box throwing was dumb, because you pull back to throw and it should automatically invert the X-axis because if I pull my arm back to to the right to throw I will throw left. But it doesn’t so it makes no loving sense. It’s a bad section but it’s fairly short.

Blackbelt Bobman fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Mar 27, 2024

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Barret can climb a cliff with one hand, I'm sure he can throw a box.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aHRNjccJE8

Behind-the-scenes for Rebirth part 1 is up :toot:
This rules. Can't wait for episode 2!

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Barrett only has 1 hand. He's a big fella but probably a bit challenged on the throwing boxes at things front

I recall Barrett was stuck downstairs though, that section is specifically so Cait could power things up and get the party through the area.
Yeah, any time you have to throw boxes you're by yourself.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Serious question for everyone mad at this part: were you throwing into the funnel while it was stopped?

Yes, absolutely I was, for close to an hour. I’m honestly not that smart, which made it all the more frustrating when someone pointed out to throw it while the funnel was moving, lol

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
So what are Sapphires/rubies/etc actually used for? I haven't gotten super into the crafting system but I've been trying to craft one of everything to boost my craftsmanship skill and I don't think I've used them for anything yet. I only just noticed when I was selling some excess stuff that I'm getting surprisingly close to 99 for them.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
What's the secret to Solo Yuffie vs King Zu? He just will not stop spamming Swan Song and by the fourth time even after coming in with a full gauge and haste dopple lightning ninjutsu banishment and a loving summon out he manages to fire it off before I can charge up enough gauge for a second art of war on the last wing. Am I going to have to reraise through this?

"Another easy fight... use Lightning Ninjutsu and destroy the wings when he uses Swan Song" --PowerPyx, displaying deep insight

e: the secret was complaining on the internet and then searching your feelings and doing what you know to be the sure way: loving plasma discharge, as always. why did i ever unequip this

Fedule fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Mar 28, 2024

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
You could’ve also just used Brumel form to stall until he stopped using that move

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Ch 11 Roche is disassembling me in under 60 seconds repeatedly, and I already lowered difficulty to Normal from Dynamic to beat previous boss. Might be Easy time. This feels like a Souls boss at 3x speed, lol. Can’t seem to block or dodge anything.

12 rats tied together
Sep 7, 2006

For that boss I was forced to swap my materia loadout to include the one that increases the perfect block window. I also thought Regen was pretty helpful.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
wamsutta's spent this entire thread grinding AP for the Salt materia and chapter 12's going to bring him all the way to Saltaja

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

Fedule posted:

"Another easy fight... use Lightning Ninjutsu and destroy the wings when he uses Swan Song" --PowerPyx, displaying deep insight

Speaking of things written in this guide. It says Cait's limit breaks have a 50% chance of not consuming the gauge. This is... just not true, is it? I have never seen it happen.

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

12 rats tied together posted:

For that boss I was forced to swap my materia loadout to include the one that increases the perfect block window. I also thought Regen was pretty helpful.

Cloud got the perfect block materia embedded in his forehead the second I picked one up.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
I don't think I have taken either Steadfast Block or Precision Defence Focus off of anyone other than when grinding AP

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

I thought my Spitter was a Jockey!

Fedule posted:

I also got a double KO finish in that specific fight. Maybe something's up with it?

Pretty sure that if the Moogle is the last man standing, you win. So if you're unmounted and Cait eats the kamikaze and dies while Moogle's out, that's a victory. Happened to me there and in one of the arena fights where I somehow let everyone get exploded by Experimental Varghidwhatevers while Moogle just watched, grinning. At least, that's that only way I can explain getting passes in those situations. Moogle MVP.

Wamsutta posted:

Ch 11 Roche is disassembling me in under 60 seconds repeatedly, and I already lowered difficulty to Normal from Dynamic to beat previous boss. Might be Easy time. This feels like a Souls boss at 3x speed, lol. Can’t seem to block or dodge anything.

Just did this on Hard, what worked for me was if he does the wavy projectile, block. If he does a no-name dash towards you, block or go into Punisher mode and smack him around. If he does anything with an attack name, dodge and blade beam exactly once so you're not committing to a whiff; if you land a hit he should be pressured. This is obviously somewhat reaction dependent, but if you just hang around at mid/long-range it should be doable. Be reactive, not aggressive. Doing this got me through the fight after a few attempts of refresher on which attacks do what. Phase 2 is literally free, get his rear end.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Wtf instant death protection doesn't do anything against zanzukten? This Odin fight is a huge struggle lmao. Any tips? I'm not above taking it off dynamic if need be but it seems like a cool challenge rather than a wall to bang my head against. I feel like there's better characters than what I'm using ATM. Barret seems good with some magic on him

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

Wtf instant death protection doesn't do anything against zanzukten? This Odin fight is a huge struggle lmao. Any tips?

Zantetsuken is full auto death unless you have reprieve or auto life, it will cheese through any other countermeasures. Once he toots the horn it's inevitable. Maybe unless you stagger him? Not sure. Don't get to that point. He'll use it when he's bored, which is to say, if you get hit by too many things without mitigating them and don't land anything on him. He bores easily.

Hit him with Deprotect and Poison asap, then block or counter his stuff and hit him with ATB commands (unless you have glowing red handcuffs on, in which case do not use ATBs on him otherwise he will counter with Reprisal which both cancels the command and makes you eat poo poo). Once he becomes pressured he will stagger very quickly.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

Wtf instant death protection doesn't do anything against zanzukten? This Odin fight is a huge struggle lmao. Any tips? I'm not above taking it off dynamic if need be but it seems like a cool challenge rather than a wall to bang my head against. I feel like there's better characters than what I'm using ATM. Barret seems good with some magic on him

despite what his Assess screen says his gimmick is based around momentum, just lay into him with everything you have and avoid damage when possible. if the balance shifts too far in his favor he'll bust out zantetsuken

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Lol Brumal Form + ATB Ward is hilariously busted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2OIhl6KDnw

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Fedule posted:

(unless you have glowing red handcuffs on, in which case do not use ATBs on him otherwise he will counter with Reprisal which both cancels the command and makes you eat poo poo).

lol I defeated Odin twice not understanding what was triggering Reprisal...this would've saved me a lot of salt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

equip everyone with revival earrings