Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Barret
Red XIII
Yuffie
Cait Sith
Vincent
Cid
View Results

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Terper posted:

Also a connection to Scarlet, also she gets to see destruction of Sector 7

just like cait sith....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Coffee Jones posted:

One thing about the ending
I laughed when the worthless townspeople were all pointing guns at Sephiroth as if they expected to take him alive after burning the town down. Guns in FF 7 are weirdly ineffective.

Man, I understand that perhaps the Call of Duty-style wounded-walk struggle is a reasonable way to depict that scene but them clearly just standing there until i did enough forward motions to trigger one kill, and then they stood there some more until I moved forward again really took me out of it lol

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Aerith's VA is streaming the demo

https://twitch.tv/thestrangerebel

https://clips.twitch.tv/TalentedGrossMushroomSwiftRage-7HWuJ3W_EQAan3lq

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Feb 20, 2024

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

It came up in discussion in one of my classes and many college-aged students who considered themselves gamers did not know the story of the original FF7 and only knew what was in the Remake

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Did someone say Sphere Grid

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

Like the sequence in FF7 where the kids were kicking the ball at Red XIII has transformed into Rocket League for example.

LMAO this sounds wild.... this sounds like a Yakuza game in style lol, we getting two of these this year i guess

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Oh I guess the biggest questions I had going into the second game:

1. Is there a narrative justification for "Starting over" without all your gear and materia lol

2. I assume Yuffie is no longer a one-woman army so how was she rebalanced

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

That seems like the best option for both, actually lol

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Unlucky7 posted:

How important is it to know the events of Crisis Core to Rebirth? I am guessing fairly important, given the ending to Remake and the stinger to the Yuffie DLC, but I am approaching the point where while i do not think CC Reunion is terrible, I am starting to consider just watching a LP at this point.

I still can't get over a character named Angeal which just looks and sounds like a spelling error

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

playing through crisis core.... so does sephiroth call cloud a puppy in the remake flashback because these SOLDIERs all called zack that lol

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Im also trying to finish crisis core before rebirth and they just told me i finished 10% of the missions lol... what if I just beelined the story

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Ytlaya posted:

I don't know what the new line is, but I feel like there's probably some good way to have her say "I don't like the sky" in a way that doesn't sound weird/stiff.

I heard the line "I don't like the sky" in Crisis Core and it loving sucked poo poo lmao

Edit: sorry it was "We don't need... the sky..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNLu3D6MlSU&t=356s

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Feb 27, 2024

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

the planet's dyin', cloud

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I am just vibing at the main menu... It's been a long day and I'm tired... Maybe I'll just play a bit

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

When does the option to skip the demo appear?

It said in the main menu that I could do it but now that I'm in chapter 1 and go to the system menu it says I need to finish this chapter

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

limp dick calvin posted:

A little bit up the mountain. Extremely bizarre way to do that.

Ah I see.

I guess they wanted you to see the opening credits no matter what lol

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I enjoy how cloud immediately says "Yes I have a bunch of folios, a thing that has always been a part of this game"

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Has there been wailing and/or gnashing of teeth over the re-localization of "Midgar Zolom"

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I enjoy how every QB opponent is basically a YuGiOh show opponent of the week

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Ytlaya posted:

Could you get into the Nibelheim store or mayor's office in the demo? That might be why they don't ask you to skip until you leave the town.

Oh man if I permanently missed something....

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Is all this "Republic of Junon" lore new to the remake? I don't think I remember a single mention of a republic in the original and i've heard it like 50 times now

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

The Enemy Skill system in this game seems pretty interesting

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Chocobo Hot and Cold is BACK. We are so back

I really liked FF16 but I also felt like it was missing a bit of soul by being so focused on its main storyline that the side stuff felt like an afterthought.

Rebirth being like "here ya fuckin go, 40 different types of side activities" is like exactly what I needed

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

JBP posted:

My complaint was only in the context of the demo just for clarity. The demo was pretty short, so it really stood out as a big clang to me, along with Cloud's fake limp at the end of the demo and how holding L2/R2 before the big scene kind of drained all the oomph out of it for me.

I am kinda understanding of the whole "wounded walk" thing to emphasize focusing on your environment when poo poo is going down but the L2 R2 where they wait patiently for you to hit the button before doing anything and otherwise they just stand there indefinitely was lmao

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I have been playing for half of today and I am still in the grasslands lol

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I will slowly figure it out I'm sure but all the sphere grid and weapon ability stuff across the whole party feels like a lot lol, I usually just default to using the core abilities.

Even keeping track of magic materia across the party takes some effort. Also I haven't messed with the transmutation even as keep unlocking new stuff lol

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Grinnblade posted:

Answering this definitively: No. The sword in question is obtainable for free when you reach the abandoned docks, and the game pretty much goes out of its way to point the drat chest out to you too.

also lmao 15 hours in and only just now left the mythril mines, but by god I got all the grasslands PoIs and I am rarin' for more

I am in this same position and am only stopping because I am about to fall asleep in my chair lol, been a while since a game has been like this for me, even FF16 I was content with shorter sessions

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Namnesor posted:

16 has no minigames so 7Rebirth can be 70% minigame by volume.

And it rules.

I wonder how many resources were allocated to develop the fully-featured dual-hand piano simulator lol

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

A party can only have one cat and dog at a time, so by deductive logic

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I appreciate that apart from the main characters it seems like a huge chunk of the character modeling budget has gone to the wrinkled old guys

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I am enjoying even more than in Remake how the game manages to work in the stuff from the original that seemed too goofy or "classic video game" to work in a modern one but they somehow make it feel right, also the subversion of some of that stuff as well

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I need sunglasses for my chocobo. Also a Kyrie moogle plush, can't believe Cloud didn't want one

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Rosalind posted:

I spent way too much time making this.

It is funny how they make a big deal over 2,000 gil and I'm like "I literally just spent that much on cards"

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Mainwaring posted:

Characters have a synergy meter which is a bit like limit gauge except it starts each fight empty. It has 5 pips total and every time a character uses an atb spell or ability (at least most of them) they gain a pip.

The abilities that give synergy pips will have a little icon in their description at the bottom of the screen. Notably the "free" elemental attacks from the folio grid do not.

Those attacks seem kind of convenient early on but I have the feeling later I will respec most characters to get those passives instead

Sakurazuka posted:

Is there no way to respawn the white wolf in the Grasslands? Missed scanning it because I didn't realise scans didn't carry over if you retry and I think that's why I have 15/16 enemies scanned to unlock the Enemy Skill fight....

I was under the requirement too but I got a few more from doing the other simulator trials

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Thundercracker posted:

Okay, Queen's Blood is the most impressive card game for FF since Triple Triad. There's a lot more granularity this time with balancing cost, board control, and special abilities. The card's with great abilities either have wonky tile effects or hard to cast.

I have beaten 8 opponents and I am still waiting for there to be a strategy that's better than "take as many tiles as possible" lol, any time I try to do something with cards that do other things besides that it hasn't worked lol

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

OMG I have discovered (JUNON REGION) the Fort Condor setup and GOTY, calling it now. Also lol that there are two games with mystical cosmic powers? At this point maybe there are more lol

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

lmao what is the actual like, dodge timing on attacks, I have tried to do this frickin combat challenge where i have to dodge an attack to pressure them and I have missed it literally 23 times lmfao

I have played the game for 20 hours at this point and i have not really blocked or dodged anything with any precision lol

edit: got it as soon as i posted lmao

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Mar 3, 2024

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Now the next one is this stupid "Prevent them from flying while they do an ability that repeatedly knocks down your whole party" lol.

This is where MAI is getting annoying, did you know their talons can pierce through solid stone

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Wow, I almost made a panicked error, in that fight I accidentally hit restart from checkpoint instead of restart battle which would have sent me back to the last story checkpoint which was like 5 hours ago, and then I almost saved over my old file trying to go back... luckily i caught myself at the last moment.

Make multiple save files every 5 minutes, folks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Oxxidation posted:

blizzard magic and lots of it. aerith is best because she can build atb at a distance

that's the only challenge i've run into so far that got me spitting mad

oh this was a good tactic, i made an aerith/barret squad and also i realized i could finally cast blizzara

junon area almost complete...