Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Barret
Red XIII
Yuffie
Cait Sith
Vincent
Cid
View Results

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

Ok, question about what I'm assuming is late chapter 11: I barely squeaked by on Galian Beast, which was a bit of a wall for a couple hours and now I've hit a second wall with Roche of all people. I feel like I'm missing something fundamental about this fight because I'm having a hard time even building up my first ATB bar with the amount he dodges and he wrecks me in short order. I'm not sure if I'm underleveled (full party is currently sitting around level 42) but are there any tips anyone can give about beating him?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

Oxxidation posted:

you can't Punish Counter him like most enemies because he likes to use projectiles if he catches you blocking, so use cloud's blade beam (attack out of a dodge) to whittle him down and build your ATB at a distance

this strategy will also come in handy for another boss later

Capfalcon posted:

You can only hit him after he attacks or when he is pressured, so dodge the magic attacks on the ground and counter the sword attacks in punisher stance. Haste on yourself as soon as you get an ATB bar does wonders, too. Once you land one hit, you can keep pounding on him.

Ultimately took this advice and got him down in a few more attempts. Thank you both!

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

Oxxidation posted:

you can't Punish Counter him like most enemies because he likes to use projectiles if he catches you blocking, so use cloud's blade beam (attack out of a dodge) to whittle him down and build your ATB at a distance

this strategy will also come in handy for another boss later

Following up on this a second time.

You mean (Ch. 12) Rufus, don't you?

What I wouldn't give for a mid boss checkpoint. :negative:

Whelp I gotta go make dinner, here's hoping my PS5 doesn't reboot overnight at this Game Over screen.

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

Woo, my PS5 didn't update/reboot overnight and left me at the game over screen. Got (ch. 12) Rufus down in one more attempt. :woop:

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

Finally beat Rebirth and hit credits earlier today. Clocked in at ~80 hours of play. While I have some complaints (most minigames not being fun, Red XIII and Cait Sith not clicking well with me in combat compared to the rest of the cast, the 2-3 times the game sends you into long boss gauntlets, sometimes with difficulty spikes I just was not prepared for around chapter 11/12) overall I had a good time.

I'm glad I hit the point of no return and went back to do a bunch of the side content I skipped. Cosmo Canyon ended up being my favorite open world map to tackle that I had completely skipped up until then.

Really enjoyed the Temple of the Ancients, I liked the light puzzle solving, how if you got lost the black cloaks would literally point you in the right direction, and now I can't help but imagine Aerith dual fisting two 2-liters of Mako Dew cackling like a madwoman obliterating everything around her with lasers. Actually started clapping with joy when I got another Reno/Rude fight.

Mixed feeling about the story, especially with regards to the whole multiverse shenanigans, but that might just be because of bad timing due to multiverse fatigue caused by the MCU.

Starshower continues to be the best ability to use A++ would obliterate jerks with it again.

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

Heithinn Grasida posted:

I’ve noticed that too. I wonder if the game sometimes changes the order of your active party members after cut scenes or something.

I’m through most Nibelheim open world stuff and just starting on the plot segment of that chapter, but now I’m legitimately worried that I won’t have time to finish the game in the next 10 days or so, after which I’m going on a trip that will take me away from my PS5 for a few weeks. What’s sort of the minimum and maximum time it would take to finish from mid chapter 11? I’m trying to do all side quests and open world stuff, but I can start skipping things if necessary.

I mostly skipped most side stuff until I hit the point of no return in chapter 13, but between going back and clearing as much side content as I could stomach (10-15 hours according to play time) and then finishing the game after the point of no return (another 8-10 hours according to play time), plus everything between chapter 11 until then...there's a lot. It's a lot.

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

The gliding will continue until morale improves.

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

MH Knights posted:

Better have CHO! CO! BO! :rock:

Or this one that really reminds me of Jet Set Radio.

Just bought the digital soundtrack off of Amazon and I don't know if that one made it on there. That or the track is named something I'm not expecting and I just can't find it. :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

I agree, that would be really helpful. Maybe too strong for something like Sleep?

Cloud raising his buster sword and whispering "Sleep." before he swings it.

The rest of the party looks on in horror.

[Edit] Barret/Aerith put on their sunglasses because they know they're in the splash zone.

MadFriarAvelyn fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Apr 23, 2024