Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Barret
Red XIII
Yuffie
Cait Sith
Vincent
Cid
View Results

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I've seen the trophy list but that's all I'm looking at

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

nine-gear crow posted:

Kitase's said that after living with these characters for close to 30 years now, he wants to see them all have happy endings this time around, so make whatever of that what you will...

Well there’s no way he’d stay dead of course

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

That was just a silly reference. They don’t actually take place in the same world!

It’s the same universe but not the same planet

EDIT: the Shinra from FFX-2 definitely started out as a joke reference but over the years and through interviews it’s basically been canonized that 7 and X are the same universe. They’re so far apart in both story and time that it doesn’t matter at all though

RatHat fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Feb 13, 2024

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Asterite34 posted:

It does make a kind of sense in explaining where all these non-Cetra people came from: ancient alien space colonists from Spira filling the void left by the Cetra apocalypse.

Certainly makes Palmer look like more of a gently caress-up if mankind previously had the knowledge of interstellar spaceflight, lost it, and not even Shinra's bottomless resources could get it working again under his watch. Maybe they can't figure out the Spelljammer tech anymore, I dunno.

No I think the implication would be that the settlers WERE the Cetra(or their ancestors at least). Humans are descended from the Cetra. And yeah ancient advanced technology that no one knows how to use anymore is a staple of the series

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Blockhouse posted:

my favorite ff7 development thing is that in the earliest drafts of the script the black-robed figures were actually going to be Jenova's floating disembodied limbs and head

Yeah each Jenova boss was going to be a part of Sephiroth/Jenova that broke off to fight the main party. Eventually he'd just be a floating heart

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I wonder if they’ll try to explain how the party lost all their items from the first game. Maybe their car crashes or something

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Asterite34 posted:

KotR just summons 13 giant armored guys who all run around like a bunch of little kids playing soccer and dogpile the enemy in a big blob that fills the screen

Sadly I think that’d be a bit much to keep track of during a fight. I’m guessing it’ll only summon Arthur, Lancelot, and Gawain(the last 3) at most and the other 10 will join for the ultimate attack.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Weren't Ruby and Emerald the only optional ones?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

TK-42-1 posted:

Part 3 is going to be named Reunion isn’t it?

If Part 2 ends significantly differently from the original I'm guessing Redo or Rewrite for Part 3

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Ytlaya posted:

I finally got around to trying the piano minigame. It's a lot of fun! Got B on the second try (though pretty close to A). It's finicky but makes sense once you get a feel for it. The only part that confused me a bit was how much you need to release the stick between notes.

It's neat how, once you start building up a combo, the song starts sounding better and more complex.

I hope they have a lot of tracks added for the minigame, like it implies when you first do it.

There are six of them according to the trophy list

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Are there any good guides for how to play Yuffie in Intermission? Her mechanics are pretty complex and the game gives like a one sentence explanation for most of them.

Related to that, I hope Rebirth has some sort of training mode to test out skills and combos

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Blockhouse posted:

I think we've already seen the Whispers in some of the trailers though I predict the thing that will make people mad is whatever is going on with Zack

By the end of the game I fully expect to have more questions than answers about the Zack situation

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

grieving for Gandalf posted:

can someone remind me what said Kingdom Hearts nonsense amounted to in Remake? I haven't beaten the game since it came out

I can't remember if they "kill" Sephiroth there and they're gonna be surprised to see him again or if it was weird dream reality poo poo or what

The meta narrative around the Whispers trying to keep the plot accurate to the original

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Since most of these guys aren't actually Sephiroth that's only really two different Sephiroths (flashbackiroth and final boss roth)

E: And what this means is that they is classic ff7 sephiroth doing classic ff7 things but also a sephiroth all about rewriting that history probably because he wants to kiss Cloud or something.
I assume he wants to rewrite history because he loses in the original timeline. That’s why he tells Cloud at the beginning of Remake to run away

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I forget, did the OG force you to always have Cloud in the party(besides specific story segments)?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

ImpAtom posted:

Also I stand by my theory:

+

=

Roche better show up in the Gold Saucer bike minigame(if that’s still in)

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Kinda tough to learn the new systems when the enemies all move and attack extremely quickly

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Synergy skills seem absolutely essential for some characters since they cover their weaknesses. Aerith gets a bodyguard while she sets up her wards, Tifa gets an air launcher, ect.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Ytlaya posted:

Red is neat and seems very powerful solo (not that you ever really play solo). His special mode seems capable of some pretty great damage.

I don't know if this was the case in the original, but Cloud seems to shoot projectiles from his sword at range now.

The sword beams are definitely new

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I think you're a bit underleveled for this area too

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Are the weapon upgrade trees gone in this one?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Uh can Red XIII do anything against flying enemies without ATB?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Yeah realizing that synergy skills build ATB for both characters was definitely a game changer

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
ImpAtom what’s your favourite mini game?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Open Marriage Night posted:

Are the pixel versions of the party part of the Fort Condor mini game?

In a few minigames yeah

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Thankfully I don’t think you need to be perfect to get the trophy for it, just pretty good.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Howlongtobeat says around 13 hours

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
More likely it’d be Marlene’s mom that was the ancient but yeah they seem to be hinting at that more in the remake

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Square Enix refuses to give anymore money to Gackt

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Were there any rewards for doing the Junon past of the demo? I never got around to it due to being hooked on Phantom Liberty to pass time until Rebirth

Doesn’t seem like it

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Normally I’d say no but Ramuh and Leviathan seem too important to lock behind that

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
It’s not like I want gore but the T rating really hurts some scenes in these games

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Spermando posted:

For some reason I didn't get the option to skip the flashback. Or does it only let you skip part of it?

Did you accept the bonus stuff on the main menu? That includes being able to skip the flashback

ImpAtom posted:

Relatively minor spoilers:
Red XIII joins right away.

Yuffie joins after the events at Costa Del Sol, which is roughly 6-ish chapters into the game.
Cait Sith joins after the events at Gold Saucer which is maybe 1-2 chapters later.

No side content is cut off by story progression until you reach Chapter 12's date sequence.

There's no reason to wait on side stuff.

Does Yuffie mostly play the same as in Intermission?

RatHat fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Feb 29, 2024

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Escobarbarian posted:

omg you’re right and it doesn’t even skip the whole thing! you start back in the village at night with everyone saying he’s gone to the manor! so you still have to do the whole terribly-paced limping part!

they really hosed that one, jesus.

That’s so weird. I guess they’re REALLY proud of the remade classic Sephiroth cutscene

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

RatHat posted:

It’s not like I want gore but the T rating really hurts some scenes in these games

Finished Intermission just in time and I take back what I said, they actually showed some blood this time. Goddamn is everything related to Dirge of Cerberus so edgelordy

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
First cutscene and I’m already confused, very good

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Huh, the sheet music in the Nibelheim flashback isn’t there in the full game

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
ImpAtom you’ve played most of the game on dynamic difficulty right?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
How do you use the 2nd limit breaks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Oh that’s what “Increase limit level” means. I thought that was just increasing the bar