Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Barret
Red XIII
Yuffie
Cait Sith
Vincent
Cid
View Results

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

this game might be uh loving huge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

i might die playing this game

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

Finished the demo; lots of fun.

Something I'm now weirdly excited about is the piano-playing minigame because it was super fun. The music dynamically changes depending on your performance, from amazing piano concerto to baby's first concert complete with metronome :lol:

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

Arist posted:

I just wanna say that I think Cloud's VA does some really incredible, subtle work in the demo.

I know you probably mean the thing but my favourite is his sheepish admission that he rummaged through Tifa's stuff.

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

My copy shipped from Amazon :toot:

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

RC Cola posted:

Ok do I go to the store and pick up a copy on Thursday before work and let it download during the day or get a digital copy and get that downloaded now.
I can't play it until after work on release either way hmmm

skip work imo

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

Hey ImpAtom, apologies if you brought this up before, but have you tried the Dynamic difficulty much? Curious if I should for my first go through Rebirth.

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

Posting real quick to say game rules and is really quite funny. This is also just a Xenoblade game, they are strikingly similar in game design.

The loving bit with (Chapter 6) Jules showing up and immediately giving me a traumatic stress response but it turns out his quest is to just clear a bunch of monsters NOPE DO CRUNCHES RIGHT NOW loving sent me for a loop. I found this one much easier though, at least.

I have a pathological need to get all the rewards from mini-games and I'm terrified that THIS is the one that makes me vomit blood. So far so good though!

I'm glad Tifa is just as fun (and strong) as FF7R1 because she's been glued to my player slot as much as possible. No one else even feels close to as satisfying to me. I just got Yuffie and I'm kind of lost as to what to do with her, though I am astounded she more or less brought her entire Intermission moveset with her. That's great!

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

Also there was a moment where I had the entire party crammed into an elevator and I was marvelling everyone's pristine character models and thinking "wow these guys have really come a long way from their like 25 year old selves".

And then they started bumping and colliding into each other for the duration of the elevator lol

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

I just did all of Cloud's coliseum fights at Corel Prison gently caress you game for that last one

Feel proud of doing it on dynamic difficulty and immediately the second I got there

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

Yeah just catapult and ballista his stupid rear end

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

okay got Cait Sith time to shove this thing in the dumpster never liked him that mu OH poo poo A MAGNIFY MATERIA I LOVE HIM NOW

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

I just wish Cloud's other swords got 5 materia slots already so I don't have to equip this ugly giant purple doom sword

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

So uh does anyone have any tips on the Combat Sim mission on the Mind Flayer? The two little fuckers get nuked if I so much as look at them and then I fail the condition.

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

yo what the gently caress is this chocobo gliding

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

Gongaga loving sucks rear end to move around, being forced to be on the chocobo to find the right mushrooms but the entire area being so tight means you're just bumping into walls constantly.

Cosmo Canyon is better but it's still too much of "uhhh okay let's see how I up get there" for me.

Where are my wide open plains damnit.

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

Pollyanna posted:

:laffo: I got Red XIII for date night. He’s cool and all, but I’m tempted to reload for story tone reasons.

Don't you dare, give that boy a good time

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

The costa del Sol plot point that the shinra middle manager from remake is having a full blown identity crisis meltdown is just a really funny bit that Im enjoying watching unfold

I'm enjoying all these Remake characters coming back a lot more than I thought I would have lol. I hope we see this guy in Remake 3 in some kind of Cactaur association.

edit: EXCEPT KYRIE

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

Ytlaya posted:

How the gently caress do you fight these jellyfish enemies in Gongaga? As far as I can tell all you can do is cast Fire spells at them and hope you catch them when they aren't transparent, but that's difficult because you can't reliably build any ATB off of them (due to them dodging most attacks).

Wait until they stop moving/start casting and pop them with one of Tifa's heavy triangle moves. I think if you constantly mash attack they'll keep dodging, so just stand around blocking for a bit.

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

I need to hear the version of Due Recompense that goes "WORK WORK WORK" asap my body yearns for it again

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

Oh my God I just realized that Cloud took his two epauldrons and just screwed them together

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

The word "Hype Johnnys" had me laughing for a minute straight like it came out of nowhere and cinderblocked me in the head

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

Frankston posted:

What's the deal with the Odin fight? I know you have to dodge his attacks to avoid the zanketsu whatever. I got hit a single time but he still busted it out and wiped me after one minute.

This is a guess, but it feels like both dodging his attacks and also doing enough damage are required. It feels very DPS check-y.

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

I started cackling when I got to the Gold Saucer minigames Round 2 :unsmigghh:

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

UP AND ADAM posted:

You don't have to play them

That Dark Matter ain't collecting itself buddy

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

Boy that cutscene after the last moogles challenge though

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

Arist posted:

This UPA arena fight is straight rear end lmao

Here, fight two Gargantuars, it'll take you five minutes and you'll have to Raise everyone three times. Next is ten Tonberrys. There are three more rounds after this.

It was pretty annoying but Aerith's synergy skill that shoots in a line does a great job of blasting all the Tonberries. Also I equipped Barret with an anti-death accessory which really helped.

I hope I can redo this fight or something because I didn't bring Assess Cloud and there were two new monsters in there.

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

berenzen posted:

Goddamn the UPA chocobo race music had no reason to go that hard.

Now I'm stuck on the 3D brawler part of it and wanting to tear my hair out because the telegraphs all look way too loving similar.

Hope you like what comes after :)

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

Arist posted:

Who the gently caress designed this (final protorelic) Odin/Alexander fight. I've been trying to do this for four loving hours. It is an unending stream of bullshit.

I have a very well-developed bullshit sensor that allows me to bump down the difficulty from Dynamic to Easy completely conscious free, and this was one of the fights it tripped on.

The others were the mindflayer combat sim challenge and that one Golden Saucer fight with the worm that eats you

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

Chadley rules because the end of his world intel quest clearly points to him creating some kind of NieR Replicant-style spinoff with FF7.

Also his dynamic with MAI is super funny because he did it entirely to himself.

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

Just rolled credits after about 100 hours. I'm exhausted.

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

Just Andi Now posted:

Wonder if you can survive the attack by launching Tifa into the air and just hovering around via dodges until it's over.

This works lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

GateOfD posted:

Got the water farting chocobo.
Is this the last set of Chadley stuff?

No there's still Part 3 please look forward to it