Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Barret
Red XIII
Yuffie
Cait Sith
Vincent
Cid
View Results

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

Cosmo Canyon overworld specifically was the point that an area's music began to grate on me. Just not a good track for how long you're doing stuff there. Maybe it's just not liking the area and that affecting my perception of the music, but I cannot agree with anyone who points to that as evidence of better music than remake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

ImpAtom posted:

It is almost identical

Almost identical to Intergrade, FF7 original fort condor was very different.

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Thundarr posted:

Card games are serious business in this world, and also everybody who plays them are total weirdos.

Also true of the setting of FF7.

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

12 rats tied together posted:

For that boss I was forced to swap my materia loadout to include the one that increases the perfect block window. I also thought Regen was pretty helpful.

Cloud got the perfect block materia embedded in his forehead the second I picked one up.

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Just had an idea, has anyone tried the enfeeblement rings on the kill mindflayer first challenge? I did it with a solo Tifa but having dummy targets that don't do much damage might help a lot.

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

GateOfD posted:

After you access an enemy is there a button to bring up the info again or do I have to access everytime

Touchpad click brings it up

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

I love this game and a lot of the changes from Remake, but I am genuinely impressed by how much worse the leveling system feels. Objectively, you're getting just about the same results as the weapon galaxies, but with a little more variability in the final result. Subjectively, though, so much of it is streamlined to the point you don't notice it happening (like materia slots and minor power increases) or it's only unlocking a sidegrade for one of your weapon slots and it feels like you never get enough points on level up to do anything. In Rm, getting a weapon level up felt great, now it's just something you might get to eventually. The bookstore vending machines in improbable locations are way more immersion breaking than "you can upgrade stuff, don't think about it." At least make it a Chadley controlled drone, then it can explain why it's in this goddamn cave that has never been visited by humans.

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Thundarr posted:

Item Economizer helps a lot for that chapter 12 boss, since it lets you heal without spending ATB. Not an option in hard mode replays, though.

Item Economizer is a hugely powerful crutch to get through any story encounter before hard. Just 0 ATB revive/haste/heal/remedy almost always available.

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

War Wizard posted:

You have to redo the side quests in hard mode for extra manuscripts and I just did the one where you have to collect the flowers for the chocobo girl.

Holy poo poo. Lol. Hard mode has no qualms about punching for the dick.

I do wonder what % of players went into that blind and didn't lose at least 2 characters in the first salvo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Feels Villeneuve posted:

i mean if there's one "series" where moving to an open world is obviously appropriate, it's a remake series of ff7 where the second game is, loosely, disc 2

Rebirth is basically just disc 1. Disc 2 opens immediately after The Spoiler. It's always funny how much the 2nd 2 discs are all cinematics with comparatively little gameplay content.