Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Barret
Red XIII
Yuffie
Cait Sith
Vincent
Cid
View Results

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

That's my guy right there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Azubah posted:

This was the best part of the state of play.

Spoiler for team attack:

God, this game’s going to rule.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Just got the opportunity to watch the whole state of play and not just the trailer and lmao at all the extremely casual spoilers it just drops on anyone new to FF7.

Anyway unbeliavably sick that there's multiple synergy attacks for each pair. I thought everyone just getting one dual tech was already too cool but this is everything I could have wanted, just need to hope for some full party synergies!!

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Hallway games are better than Open World but I am still excited for this one!!

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I think much like Remake 1, Remake 2 will probably also have some weird graphical (or I guess performance if you are in graphics mode) inconsistencies that will be sorta strange or disappointing. They had Integrade to practice with the PS5 but that was a much smaller game so would not be surprised if not everything is as ironed out as they wanted.

But also I was completely unable to notice any of the graphics problems in Remake 1 so like in that game it'll probably be fine all in all

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I think also Tifa is probably happier to believe that her memories are wrong over Cloud's because she's very happy to have him around and if her memories are the ones that are right then the guy they've been hanging out with is an insane imposter freak with impossible knowledge he shouldn't have.

But maybe that'll be different for Rebirth since we know from older trailers that she talks to Aerith about inconsistencies with Cloud's story.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Who could bare to fire at such a pretty face?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Gologle posted:

You know, in retrospect, having a move you call "Hell's Gate" that also emits dark energy when you use it should have tipped off the therapist at Shinra that something wasn't quite right.

You know Shinra's got to love that poo poo.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

He's a nice lad

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Terper posted:

These poll numbers are hosed up

Yeah wtf

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Congrats to Fortnite

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

They have a spare so it'd be fine

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Booky posted:

kh is good.

Yup. Nomura just don't miss!! (Except on the mobile games probably)

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

SettingSun posted:

I think sometimes about how goddamn weird it is that the world itself has a defense against threats, and that defense is a squad of supersize organic gundams.

And ghosts

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Terper posted:

I hope reviews talk about how the ending is "Kingdom Hearts nonsense" 'cus that's confirmation it'll be epic

100% chance this will happen

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

grieving for Gandalf posted:

can someone remind me what said Kingdom Hearts nonsense amounted to in Remake? I haven't beaten the game since it came out

I can't remember if they "kill" Sephiroth there and they're gonna be surprised to see him again or if it was weird dream reality poo poo or what

Ghosts showed up ocassionally to menace people in minor ways and kill people that died in the original then they became a big ghost and died.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Blockhouse posted:

According to the Ultimania there's four different Sephiroths in Remake:

- The one in Cloud's visions
- The one in flashbacks
- The "black-robed men" aka Sephiroth copies
- The one you fight at the end

what the gently caress does any of that mean? Who knows. But Sephiroth is the most changed character from the original game, where he doesn't have the fixation on making Cloud hate him like the one(s???) in Remake does. That probably means something.

Since most of these guys aren't actually Sephiroth that's only really two different Sephiroths (flashbackiroth and final boss roth)

E: And what this means is that they is classic ff7 sephiroth doing classic ff7 things but also a sephiroth all about rewriting that history probably because he wants to kiss Cloud or something.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

D.Fuzzbot posted:

This is starting to sound all Xehanort-y

All the different Xehanorts are different people and whatnot but the Sephiroths are still just Sephiroth.

Completely different!

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I hope someone posts spoilers for the synergy attacks

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

The same reason she doesn't say that in the OG

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Unlucky7 posted:

I kind of hope that they would eventually add a way to get MAI to skip the opening spiel when you are going after fiend objectives. Unless it is there and I am an idiot?

I thought you could just begin battle regardless?

Anyway thought this demo was a really good showcase of combat, had a blast with it. Really like all the additions to combat everyone has gotten (well Barret seems mostly unchanged I guess) and Red seems real fun. Thought Vengeance mode sounded kinda like a pain but considering how guard happy the AI is he tends to just generate meter whenever you switch off him so even when spending the entire battle on the offensive you still get to play around with it.

Glad its only another week till the release because i'm dying to spend more time with this game.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

D.Fuzzbot posted:

There is a scene in the demo I don't get.

After they finish the reactor investigation, it cuts back to Kalm, Tifa mentions that the mayor was upset that Sephiroth wouldn't join him for dinner.

Cloud reacts to Tifa saying this with "huh" and Tifa also responds with confusion. I don't get the reaction from each of them.

Cloud Strife, Shinra Grunt who was probably sleeping at his own place and not going to be kept in the loop about minor things did not know about anything regarding Sephiroth refusing to join the mayor for dinner even though the Top Soldier accompaning him on this mission was probably also invited to this and would know what happened. So perhaps just a bit of disconnect from what Cloud knows about the story and what Tifa does.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Siphon Fang reaches pretty high

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Dodging seems a lot better in this game tbh

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

Nanaki is just Anakin with the N moved to the start, to go along with Biggs and Wedge.

This is really loving me up right now.

Anyway, back to the synergy ability discussion did anyone find a use for the Cloud/Barret ranged attack one? They're already the characters with the most consistent ranged options so i didn't really understand when you'd use the synergy one.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Augus posted:

I hope when we get to Part 3 they still have the Emerald Weapon be this utter menace haunting the bottom of the ocean that you can just run into. I want it to feel like seeing a leviathan in subnautica

I feel its too cool for them to not at least make a big sidequest chain about it

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Reeve might not be as megalomanical as the rest of the board but Cait Sith proves he may be just as intensly strange as them.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

steel sky was a cool line

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Disappointing how many people are not aware of Unicorn Overlord.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Unlucky7 posted:

Unironically looking forward to it more than Rebirth!

Couldn't be me but I respect the attitude

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Excited for him to show up in rebirth

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Genesis will be in Zack's party

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

ChrisBTY posted:

Ending Spoilers.
Did I just beat the manifestation of Final Fantasy VII canon destiny? Was that supposed to imply that anything can happen in rebirth?

Yeah probably, I guess we'll see

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I know Grasslands is probably just the "tutorial zone" but game seems a decent bit easier than the first. Thought Junon demo had solid enough difficulty with the Intel Fiends but most of the Grasslands ones have been cake walks outside of the final one. Hope the enemies pick up a little soon.

Everything else has been great though. Loving the game, and its just just nice to be back with the party again. Love all these guys.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I enjoy how every QB opponent is basically a YuGiOh show opponent of the week

Its great.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Ytlaya posted:

Could you get into the Nibelheim store or mayor's office in the demo? That might be why they don't ask you to skip until you leave the town.

Yeah. That was in the demo.

I think they just wanted everyone to be in the Nibelheim mood through doing the intro and finale.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Guess what, its even more of a swerve if you have played the demo.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Am glad I have broken eyes that are unable to recognise the difference between 30 & 60 fps because graphics mode seems totally fine

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

The vacuum is there because Square clearly thinks RPG dungeons or even the open world need to be broken up with other non-combat activities (like the underpass crane in Remake), Rebirth's big zones mostly do this through plenty of minigames and the Nibelheim flashback does it through vacuum (which, I would not be surprised if it started as a goofy minigame).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

She has a half-remembered coma dream of him being there for her after she gets sliced by Sephiroth aside from that though she had no clue.