Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Barret
Red XIII
Yuffie
Cait Sith
Vincent
Cid
View Results

kliras
Mar 27, 2021
they should probably just not have bothered with the whole skip system. just ended up being more confusing than anything else

anyone who happens to have a screenshot of the in-game prompt about loading the demo save? i don’t think there’s any way to re-trigger it for me

kliras fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Feb 29, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kliras
Mar 27, 2021

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Oh my god, if they don’t add a colorblind accessibility option to this game I am going to scream. I never even once noticed red handcuffs in spite of reading the assess info. gently caress.

I also looked up the purple chest I missed on the boat and it is literally right along a main route through the area. I just literally couldn’t distinguish it from the background. I am so mad about this poo poo.
it's designed in a way where you're supposed to spot it while going to the bench/vending machine when you go back inside iirc. the rebirth demo kind of demonstrated similar issues with materia lying around where some materia just didn't have a high enough contrast to the surroundings that you'd easily miss them

another thing that continues to be insane about rebirth just as remake was is the extremely anti-epilepsy stuff with a total assault of flashing lights and scenes. it doesn't even make the scenes look cool

another thing was how all rumble is cranked to 11, and i had to dial exploration vibration all the way down because my hands would have this weird sensation even after putting the controller down

chadley on default controller volume is something else too

kliras
Mar 27, 2021

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Yeah, that volume increase happened after the last patch. I turned down the volume on my controller but it defaults back to max volume the next time you turn the PS5 on :rolleye:
oh no he was loud enough as it was, but then sony dialled it up an extra notch. i already had him turned down, but it's weird that the default is so loud. guess it's just a global setting, but why set everything at max by default

speaking of, i got a weird bug in the game where the music volume would be much louder than dialogue in certain cutscenes, is this a known issue? i had the music turned up higher initially (as in everything else turned down), so maybe the game just kept going back to an old setting?

kliras
Mar 27, 2021

Wamsutta posted:

got all the way to shadowblood queen and the game throws all the QB mechanics out the window, she has rank 1 cards with 6 power she can just throw down immediately that we can’t even get lol. This is just stupid.
i can learn one stupid card game, but the fact that they keep changing how the entire system works was just bizarre to me. your deck goes from perfectly fine with a few retries to absolutely useless - on several occasions

kliras
Mar 27, 2021
after you beat the game, what's the right way to see all the ch12 gold saucer dates and finish up unfinished side quests without screwing up progress and stuff?

- replay ch12 with a different person selected; beat the chapter and overwrite progress?
- once you've done this with everyone, load up ch13 and try to get as many quests and collectibles; beat the chapter and overwrite progress?

i never bothered to do this with remake, i wanna make sure i don't spend god knows how long with nothing to show for it

kliras
Mar 27, 2021

GateOfD posted:

Kind of figured out the synergy special attacks more, but I don't know what triggers a bar to be filled or if there's a cooldown to that, I just keep spamming the sames one over and over alternating them and maybe it eventually fills up for me to do.
in the ability combat menu, each skill that generates synergy will have an empty and full bar icon like [][] basically. those are the ones that fill up your synergy charge

the visibility of activation requirements is pretty poor, so just look for the number of red, empty bars to show who needs to fill up their charge more

kliras
Mar 27, 2021

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Finally, I was able to update my game and finish the side quest. I booted up my PS5 on my lunch break and beat the G-Bike high score and huzzah! It finally acknowledged that I did it and moved on to the Queens Blood match! I started the match, put down a few cards and then

I loving LOST POWER

The funniest outcome, I waited weeks for this patch and as soon as I could finish the quest the universe said no lol
make sure the savegame wasn't corrupted on the console side if it happened at home. you can probably just download the cloud save if it happened

or just pull out the ethernet cable on it when you get home i guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kliras
Mar 27, 2021
too broken but balancing doesn't typically happen within the games. remake had some ridiculous stuff too