Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Barret
Red XIII
Yuffie
Cait Sith
Vincent
Cid
View Results

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Caesar Saladin posted:

The sit up mini game is sadistic, i was at it for like an hour last night and its insane how difficult they made it.

I blew through them all…until I got to the last one. I can do pretty good on it until there’s about 10 seconds left and then I always lose it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

I haven’t unlocked any of the harder ones yet but the first batch weren’t bad.

On that note, how in the fuckkkkk do I clear that combat simulator where you have to kill the mindflayer first? I put the other enemies to sleep but they almost always wake back up because a party member hits them or I accidentally do an attack that hits them as well. That’s the only combat thing I can’t get at all. Not even close.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

You can play as Cloud or any other party member you assigned to the primary squad, and it'll be enough.
Just wait for an opening, run away from attacks and cast fire spells as much as you can. Shooting with Barrett is probably the safest way.

I used Barrett a lot for the fight. You can pressure him after a certain attack so I'd trigger that with Barrett. Cycle through his poo poo and then switch to Cloud and do the same.

I still don't quite have the hang of using Cait. It seems I'm either doing a ton of damage with him or jack poo poo.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

fridge corn posted:

I was trying to throw the box into the funnel while it was moving, I just had dogshit aim. And I'm pretty sure Barret is just standing right there doing nothing at that point surely he could throw a box a bit further no?

That box aiming stuff is so loving weird and unintuitive.