Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Barret
Red XIII
Yuffie
Cait Sith
Vincent
Cid
View Results

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

I thought my Spitter was a Jockey!
Demo was great, I have no qualms about the content presented (except lol a bunch of people with guns just standing around waiting for Sephiroth to kill them in time with Cloud's crawling progress), and the one issue I have with the gameplay is that I thought the terrain movement felt kinda janky, especially when you're jumping off stuff.

I played in performance mode and I didn't notice any framerate issues, but there were some minor lighting/texture problems that bugged me. There were a couple spots where there would be cast light through like a window onto a wall or something and if you turned the camera, the light would flicker in and out of visibility. There was one scene where it cuts back to a close-up of present-day Tifa on a couch and the couch texture had to load in on-screen, and another part early on in the voyage up the mountain where I swear an already loaded texture unloaded then reloaded itself as I moved near it. A bunch of cast shadows for guard rails in the facility sections of Mt Nibel were super lovely-looking, like Remake on PS4. And shadows on character models are still as fuzzy as they were in Intergrade/Intermission. None of these are deal breakers for me, just couldn't help noticing them and feeling disappointed about them. I hope this kind of stuff either gets ironed out or somehow isn't as noticeable in the full release.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

stev posted:

Revengeance

Zack is back.

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

RatHat posted:

That’s why he tells Cloud at the beginning of Remake to run away

He's quoting the last words Cloud heard from his mom as Nibelheim burned specifically to get Cloud's hate juices flowing. He wants/needs Cloud to be active in whatever it is he's trying to do.

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

Anyone have her reaction to Cait Sith on hand? I tried looking for it a while ago but had no luck.

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

Dreylad posted:

I wonder if the limitations of Hard Mode will change since that makes some parts of crafting completely irrelevant if it stays the same. Which is fine, I really liked FF7 Remake Hard Mode.

I'm hoping that Hard Mode gets significantly changed or outright removed for Rebirth. Not being able to use any items on top of hoarding MP for bosses was annoying but manageable in Remake, but with the advertised size of Rebirth as well as the (seemingly) higher difficulty floor those rules sound pretty miserable to me. Like maybe you can only carry so many of each item but still be able to use them at your discretion and/or item availability is super limited or something, but just completely cutting them out is kinda dumb. I never had to use Ethers in Remake on Normal, and in Hard where I would have wanted to it wasn't even an option.

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

I found Spare Change in the flashback of the full game, was that there in the demo? I don't remember it being there but then I barely noticed it this last time around anyway. Like literally did a camera pan double-take because I thought it was just weird lighting. I put it on Cloud intending to use it on the boss but then I forgot to because I was having too much fun with Sephiroth. Again.

Queen's Blood seems ok, better than TT, although I see myself probably getting frustrated with it the more it develops. What bugs me the most about it so far though is that every opponent I've run into on the field (so far) is positioned at the left side of the board, but plays from the right side in-game. Just rotate the boards 180 degrees S-E, geez. The opponents themselves have been p fun tho, looking forward to running into more weirdos.

Also Queen Bee is a loving terrible card. Pretty sure it is actively detrimental to run and you'd be better off removing it from your deck and going with 13 cards if the game will let you, otherwise replace it asap.

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

I tried turning haptics to 0 for the mashes but that just made the half-crunches impossible for me. I didn't try either 1 or 2, but I bit the bullet and set it back to 3 and after a google search on what exactly the half-crunches want you to do and a one-time fuckup beat Jules that way. poo poo sucks and hopefully it's not as miserable when it comes to pc, throw them a bone for having to wait.

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

Pollyanna posted:

Is anyone else having trouble with Cactuar Crush? I can barely crack 700. I’m using Doppelgänger and everything, but no dice.

With Yuffie I found that using her 0mp Ice spell worked best against the oranges, otherwise toss your shuriken into them and go ham with basic attack. Against greenies used Art of War when available. Was sad that shuriken toss into Windstorm didn't seem as good as it was in Intermission.

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

Frankston posted:

Hmm it's really loving lame that you can't complete all the Corel protorelic stuff until chapter 12. I've spent ages running around the whole map trying to find the last two objectives until I gave up and googled it.

Does it say anything like "you'll have to come back later" and I just missed it or is it just really poo poo game design.

When you beat #2, Kid G tells you that the next trial will take some time to setup while he trains up the next batch of guardians and that he'll give you a call when it's ready. I went back to Corel before moving on to Chapter 10 and nothing happened on that front, so I figured I'd get that call whenever it's supposed to happen and not worry about it til then. I am annoyed that I can't just do it now, though.

Beat Chocobo Glide earlier tonight and while I think situps were worse, this one was also pretty bad. I have no idea what I did differently on my final run that got me to the higher of the two final targets that I wasn't doing on previous attempts. Outside of slightly changing the camera angle, does holding ascend from neutral slow your horizontal movement at all? Do brief repeated ascents give any benefit as opposed to just gliding in neutral? Aside from missing the final targets, I think the most frustrating thing for me was bumping into the bottom of the 500pt target projectors and still missing the target somehow. There's barely any space between them, poo poo shouldn't even be possible. At least it, like situps, is done and I never have to touch it again... until the complete edition comes out. :shepicide:

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

Frankston posted:

Bugenhagen you can gently caress off with your poo poo old maps and vague directions.

First quest I've googled because I just can't be bothered.

I really like the one map that Cloud decides to hold such that the drawn-on compass' north is pointing like south-east. I also completely forgot to check out how stupid the final map would be because I ran past the corresponding gate like 3 times looking for the previous one so I just warped right to it as soon as I had to go there.

Ytlaya posted:

Is there some trick to this Mindflayer simulation? There doesn't seem to be any way to prevent your party members from attacking the adds. I read somewhere that you can sleep the adds, but my party members still attacked them!

What I did on my successful run was to open with Cloud using First Strike and Binding+Magnify (probably better on Aerith if you have her increased debuff skill activated) to put everything to sleep. I locked on to the Mindflayer, then cycled to Aerith and Yuffie and had them both attack it. I can't say for sure that that is A Thing to keep the AI focused on what you want it to, but in this case it worked out. The adds woke up on their own only once and I was able to put them right back to sleep and complete the objective.

Re: upgrade systems, I think I like Rebirth's weapon upgrades more than Remake's largely because, as mentioned upthread, you don't need to go through every weapon and grab every node, but I honestly would prefer if the Folios had gone that route. The branching paths approach annoys the hell out of me and I hate being bottlenecked for upgrades of the same party level by poo poo like "Steal grants Faith" or "+3% basic attack damage" or "+3MP." Even if it's not that different, I greatly prefer having all my options per tier being available at once with the only consideration being SP on hand.

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

Fedule posted:

I also got a double KO finish in that specific fight. Maybe something's up with it?

Pretty sure that if the Moogle is the last man standing, you win. So if you're unmounted and Cait eats the kamikaze and dies while Moogle's out, that's a victory. Happened to me there and in one of the arena fights where I somehow let everyone get exploded by Experimental Varghidwhatevers while Moogle just watched, grinning. At least, that's that only way I can explain getting passes in those situations. Moogle MVP.

Wamsutta posted:

Ch 11 Roche is disassembling me in under 60 seconds repeatedly, and I already lowered difficulty to Normal from Dynamic to beat previous boss. Might be Easy time. This feels like a Souls boss at 3x speed, lol. Can’t seem to block or dodge anything.

Just did this on Hard, what worked for me was if he does the wavy projectile, block. If he does a no-name dash towards you, block or go into Punisher mode and smack him around. If he does anything with an attack name, dodge and blade beam exactly once so you're not committing to a whiff; if you land a hit he should be pressured. This is obviously somewhat reaction dependent, but if you just hang around at mid/long-range it should be doable. Be reactive, not aggressive. Doing this got me through the fight after a few attempts of refresher on which attacks do what. Phase 2 is literally free, get his rear end.

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

wow i have to turn on inverted camera in order to get the correct aircraft controls... these are not the same thing

I already play with inverted camera so this specifically was more or less fine for me (except BOTH sticks are STILL chocobo control with no camera control for some insane reason). The real hosed up thing is that the patch also applied to Pirate's Rampage. I remembered getting through both the normal and hard versions with little issue on my first play through, then I did it on Hard/playthrough 2 for some reason and it felt like my brain and hands were at war with each other because the controls were now inverted. Who the gently caress thought it was a good idea to tie these settings to something you've presumably already set up how you want and would have to fiddle with just for these specific minigames?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

Bring back materia generation when mastered, cowards. Make it a reward for clearing hard mode or something.