Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Barret
Red XIII
Yuffie
Cait Sith
Vincent
Cid
View Results

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

SettingSun posted:

140gb preload holy moly :eyepop:
It took forever on my garbage internet but it's done now. I need to make a note to never delete this game from my system lol. Redownloading it would be a pain in the rear end.

I'm so excited for tomorrow night!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I have been playing for half of today and I am still in the grasslands lol
9 and a half hours and same lol

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

The part in the Queen's Blood tournament on the cruise ship where Red XIII puts on a Shinra guard uniform, stands on his hind legs and moonwalks made me burst out laughing :psyboom:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Oh my god, they made Gold Saucer look sooooooooooo cool :stwoon:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

History Comes Inside! posted:

Gold Saucer intro is loving incredible
It's probably the most impressive looking area I've seen in a video game in a long time (aside from Alan Wake 2, of course).

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

The wanted poster with the faces changed absolutely reminds me of this:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I swear to loving god, if Aerith still dies in this game, I will be so sad :smithicide: She just gave a speech about how much pain was in her life but how she's finally happy because she has friends she loves and the pain was all worth it. DON'T YOU DO IT, SEPHIROTH!!!

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

So at some point Red XIII's voice changes and I hate it lol

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Wow, fighting these Gi dudes is hard :negative:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Going back to Nibelheim reminds me of going back to Shadow Moses in Metal Gear Solid 4.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

The Cait Sith box throwing sections in Chapter 11 really aren't very fun at all. Did anyone playtest this part?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Holy poo poo, the trial of Red XIII is upsetting :stonk:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Man, Cloud is such a dick. Aerith is pouring her heart out about how death isn't the end for us and Cloud interrupts her and says "Are you done?" gently caress you, Cloud :mad:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Caseman posted:

Looks like we're neck and neck. There's a reason why he's acting that way. You're my puppet, Cloud
"Fill your hollow heart.........with rage."

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Caseman posted:

That's credits, hell of a game. Now for all the side content.
:same:

No Promises Await At Journey's End

I have many questions haha

What the hell could a third game involve if the second was this jam packed with story and environments? I played the original but forgot what came after this in it. I guess the war with Shinra and Wutai? And fighting Sephiroth for a third time?

Is Aerith really gone? :smith: Was that her ghost hanging around the team at the end? Did she and Cloud have a special connection that let him see her when no one else could?

Is the world really ending?

What was Zack's deal? I assumed he was in an alternate reality from the start, but how did he fight Sephiroth alongside Cloud then?

Do the Weapons come back in the final third?

What an incredible game. Definitely my GOTY, and it's only March! I'm looking forward to doing more side gigs and playing more Queen's Blood now.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Wait, so I finished the game and used the chapter select to go back to chapter 2 so I could start finishing off side quests/Queen's Blood players, but the map is fogged and the main quest markers are there. Am I going to have to basically New Game+ this to do all the side stuff? My character progress carried over from the end of the game, and looking at the map, it looks like I've already beaten the Queen's Blood players in this area.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Pennfalath posted:

If you want to finish side quests or other non-story stuff, use chapter select and pick ch13 (keep your quest progress from current save or all saves) to fast travel everywhere.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Harrow posted:

In case anyone's unaware, there's a spoiler thread if you want to get more in-depth about the story: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4054682
Oh dope! I'll have to check this out.

Also, I played my first game of Fort Condor and Fort Condor sucks.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Ytlaya posted:

Remember to use the hero units. They charge by creating units of the same type.

This instantly makes the game go from "really frustrating/hard" to "pretty easy." I didn't use them for the first two matches because I didn't know how they worked and they weren't in Intermission's version of the minigame.
I have been using hero units. I just keep running into the timer and losing the match :negative:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Yo, this side quest where you have to get the old lady's chickens to follow you back home sucks rear end lmao

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Gologle posted:

LMAO posters ITT not wanting to believe the Turks are good guys. They literally help save the world in Advent Children too
Speaking of the Turks, I just did the protorelic side quest in Gongaga and it's revealed that Cissnei is a Turk but she doesn't say anything about it and leaves when this is discovered. Do you find out more about this later? Maybe in future side quests? I finished the main story already and it wasn't in there.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

guts and bolts posted:

Cissnei is from Before Crisis in the same way that that Glenn guy who keeps popping up is from Ever Crisis. They're equal parts fan service and minor plot expansions.
Ah, okay. I didn't play either of those, so that explains it.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

So I beat Lidrehl in Queen's Blood, got the cutscene afterwards in which he told me the card to end all cards is in Nibelheim, but I thought he would be the final QB challenger in Corel, but my map is saying 10 out of 11 players in the region defeated and I don't see another QB challenger in the region map. All the QB challengers are checked off. What do I do here?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

lmao, the final Queen's Blood challenger is way harder than the final boss of the main story :negative:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Finally beat the final Queen's Blood boss after like hours of trying, but I think that was pure luck.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Pollyanna posted:

It’s date night and oh my god this version of the play.

On the one hand, Aerith best girl. On the other hand, Nanaki best boy. On the third hand, I totally wanna pick Barret just to see what happens.

This is such a sadistic choice. :laffo:

I got Cid and Vincent for the date :shepface:

Pretty sure that's the worst choice you can get lol

e: Well, for the second date, that is. For the first I got Aerith.

Rageaholic fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Mar 10, 2024

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

What's the trick to defeating tonberrys? I'm doing the Shinra middle manager ultimate party animal side quest and I'm at the part in the Musclehead Colosseum where you have to defeat like 10 of them. I try to make my attacks fast and get away from them, and I try to dodge often, but they still seem to make my entire team fall unconscious :(

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

D.Fuzzbot posted:

Craft safety bits
That did it :) Thank you!

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Just beat Gilgamesh :bisonyes:

That was far easier than the Odin/Alexander fight because he didn't have an attack that one-hit KO'ed my entire team. It took longer, though.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aHRNjccJE8

Behind-the-scenes for Rebirth part 1 is up :toot:
This rules. Can't wait for episode 2!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT