Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

$30M is probably his "gently caress you" price for Carolina. He wants out, but if they're dumb enough to pay $30M then he'll stay.

It's like when the plumber comes out and says it'll be $8k to snake your sewer line. He doesn't want to do it, but if you pay him a super inflated price, then why not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

NFL contracts should be like NHL contracts: completely guaranteed. If you sign someone to an 8-year contract and they're terrible, you're out of luck. Tough poo poo.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Miss Lonelyhearts posted:

What happened with Araiza?

He was proven innocent right? OJ was too and I don't know what to believe.

There was apparently no evidence to put him at the scene of the crime, so the chargers were dropped IIRC.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Cthulu Carl posted:

He sold one of those guys a bad scroll

Haha gently caress sake

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Are the Jets going to overpay MVS??

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Maed posted:

if you're an nfl player and not trying to host yacht orgies i'd be very suspicious, what other reason is there to have that much money?

Handies from a massage parlor that looks like it should be right next to the law offices of Saul Goodman.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

In my fantasy, Evans went to the Browns, who couldn't afford him anyway, but glad to see Baker keeping weapons.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

"is this a tackle?" is the new "is this a catch?"

This season is going to be such a ref poo poo show.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

swickles posted:

How many are active vs. forgot to cancel

They had a Black Friday deal that was like $20/year. I got it just because it shut my kids up about us not having 400 streaming services like their friends and was also forgettable amount for a year of shutting them up. And watching a single game. But I'm willing to bet they're counting that in the "actually, our service is so good that they kept their subscription going!" number.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Lifespan posted:

In another thread someone shared a story about them calling in to cancel and saying they lost their job and was about to lose their house and they still tried to up-sell them. SXM customer service is disgusting.

And you'll get bi-weekly mail from them for about 5 years .

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Antonio Clown

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

What an absolute jabroni

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39902254/chiefsaholic-xaviar-babudar-ordered-pay-teller

quote:

Last Wednesday, Tulsa County District Judge Tracy L. Priddy ordered Xaviar Babudar, widely known as Chiefsaholic, to pay Payton Garcia, the former teller, $3.6 million for inflicting physical harm and emotional distress and $7.2 million in punitive damages.
Babudar was first arrested Dec. 16, 2022, in Bixby, after fleeing the Tulsa Teachers Credit Union, where he pointed at black CO2 pistol at Garcia and demanded she give him "the 100s" or he'd put a bullet in her head, according to Bixby police.
He was released on bond in February 2023, and a month later, after receiving $100,000 in winnings from two bets on the Chiefs, escaped. He evaded authorities for nearly four months before being apprehended July 7, 2023, in California.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Ginger Beer Belly posted:

My favorite QB bust is Christian Hackenberg, because a lot of people knew he was terrible, but someone was still going to draft him with a premium pick because he looked the part of the big cannon-armed pocket passer.

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-why-pff-doesnt-have-a-draftable-grade-on-christian-hackenberg

That someone was the New York Jets, and the 2nd round draft pick burning a hole in their pocket.

Did he ever get a single snap in a regular season game?

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Diva Cupcake posted:

Yeah really do they just continually vacuum it or what.

Sandboni

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Hmmmmmmm, maybe I'll go to Browns @ Raiders

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Docjowles posted:

Unless he figures it out this year he’s probably not even the starter going forward. Just a massive lol

If he sucks this year, Browns are definitely going to try to draft a QB next year.