Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Hasturtium posted:

I would watch Morbius over the Doctor Strange sequel any day of the week, and I love Sam Raimi. The MCU deserves its reckoning, even though I thought The Marvels was fine-ish, too. Outside of the first Guardians I was getting tired of the MCU all the way back with Iron Man 2.

As for Madame Web... I might use it to justify my Alamo Drafthouse Season Pass subscription, but ehhhhhhhhh

Dr strange 2 rules. It’s stupid as hell and there’s a lot of Raimisims and it shits on wandavision which stunk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

koolkal posted:

It's already spawned more memes than Morbius and it hasn't even released

All the memes are just reheated Morbius ones like it’ll make webilliob dollars or whatever

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Epk clips for movies are always edited like poo poo for some reason.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I was gonna make a joke about someone coming in to say that

Very cliche lol

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The only reason they needed to do the multiverse was to get tobey and Andrew back. Who cares now.

Wolverine is a bonus but that’s honestly cool bc of jackman and Reynolds friendships.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Bogus Adventure posted:

With all this talk of Madame Web being the superhero genre's version of Cats 2019 I have only one question:

Is there also a Butthole Cut?

(Release the Cats 2019 Butthole Cut, you cowards!!!)

Everyone who made it is a butthole

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Vegetable posted:

Also I really cant believe the character’s last name is Web. Like, not even a first name where they could explain the coincidence away. It’s a last name. How did this pass the supervision of all the creatives and producers.

Remind yourself who directed the Garfield movies

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

It got a same day HBO Max release iirc which probably hurt it a fair bit at the box office.

No way. Black widow had the same thing and made a blackbillion widollars. Dune is a complete failure and flop in every way.
#restorerheduneverse

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I don’t think they’re the same energy at all

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Tbh everyone clapped when venom bit off Cassidy’s head. poo poo was hilarious

“gently caress THIS GUY!”

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It’s not sexist when it’s something that actually happened. Both Johnson and Sweeny tagged marvel studios excitedly sharing the announcement of being in it.

Could’ve been a mistake of the tagging but still. It’s not something invented from the ether

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

https://x.com/hernandy_s/status/1752098462869418344?s=46

Here’s a thread where more actors tag marvel studios lol

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

A lot of big actors don’t watch movies at all or pay attention to the field beyond their own work.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

MacheteZombie posted:

Studios should try making good movies

Like kraven

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

well why not posted:

the idea that the cast did not do their due diligence about this not being MCU is a joke. it’s ridiculous to think that someone in the movies is less au fait than the children who watch these things

It’s really not. Lots of actors don’t give a poo poo about nerd stuff and show up to do their work and then go home.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I remember hearing a story from Darren Lynn boseman on a podcast when he directed spiral where he talked working with Sam Jackson. Jackson doesn’t meet with the director until he walks on set. He doesn’t sit and have convos about anything other than “tell me what you want to do”

Apparently he Jackson got mad at him for coming into his trailer before he showed up on set.

Maybe this isn’t true or maybe it’s because DLB stinks but still.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Bringing up again that Goop didn’t know she was in Spider-Man homecoming.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Agents can also be idiots too.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

A lot of actors are dumb dude. Not all of them are nerdy enough to care about anything other than their job. And agents are also dumb, not understanding what is a good idea for their client.

Any person with a brain would know to not take a job making a movie of a d list superhero character from the studio who made Morbius. But yet here we are.

Venom worked because Venom is a pretty popular character and Tom Hardy had passion to do it. He didn’t show up to get a paycheck.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Honestly thinking on it probably no one promised anything except that it’s a marvel movie.

A lot of people don’t know the different licenses if they’re not plugged in. So these people get a gig working on a marvel movie…they’re gonna think they’re making a Marvel Cinematic Universe movie.

It’s why Matt smith called Karen Gillen because he thought this poo poo was all the same and not something wildly different

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Well with Kingo idk that movie just didn’t work. But Yelena of Black Widow went on to be a fan favorite character and I think some of the other cast members are showing up in thunderbolts. So there’s a pretty big difference there

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Shes a popular MCU character. She’s been in one of the spin of shows and is going to lead the thunderbolts

That’s a pretty good career move for an already cool and popular actor.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Blood Boils posted:

Venom wasn't decent because of Care Levels,

Yes it was. If you cast anyone else in that movie it would be pretty mediocre. But Hardy’s enthusiasm for his weird take on this character elevated it to something more fun and unique than your standard superhero thing.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Black Adam didn’t stink because the rock cared or didn’t care. It’s because the rock keeps hiring really lame filmmakers to make his stuff. He hasn’t made a good movie starring himself since the rundown. (Pain and gain doesn’t count because he’s not the main main star but he did own in it and it is great. )

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Blood Boils posted:

Yea exactly. It's the choices being made by the storytellers, not how they feel about them.

Choices because they cared

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I do not understand what’s to argue about saying people cared about venom which lead to their choices that made the film interesting. What made it good was the fact that Hardy went for it and got weird with his choices and fought for those choices, because he cared.

What’s the problem with saying cared lol

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

im gonna rip my hair out.

just replace my post with whatever word or phrase you want that just means “they really wanted to make it good and enthusiastically worked hard to make it work”

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Niel breen is a bad example because he owns. His art is stupid and weird and unique. No one makes anything like him

But I think she had a bad agent who said this gig would do well for her career. And what happened is the studio at some point cared more about making money and decided to committee the hell out of it during production which made the film miserable to make.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

MacheteZombie posted:

hes right here yall

Thank you homie

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It stunk

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It’s probably why people in movies and tv order a plain salad lmao

It’s so jarring every time

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

On the flip side some movies are just better bc of the food. Defending your life makes me hella hungry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

it premieres tomorrow you time traveling heathen