Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Yeah, this was supposed to be a rebuilding year and we stole one.

I’m walking on sunshine right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I’m sure they talked themselves into it because it cost them $7 million just for the airtime

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Canned Sunshine posted:

After an entire season where the NFL took every opportunity to profit off of Kelce and Swift's "relationship", all the talk about all the Swifties now being NFL fans, reaching a new audience, etc., all the merchandise that Swifties would purchase if the Chiefs win... it blows my mind that people actually think the NFL isn't scripted.

It only blows your mind because your mind is subpar

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Canned Sunshine posted:

Well that too. I'm just tired of the most openly racist fanbase getting to enjoy anything nice. gently caress Missouri forever.

I’m from Kansas just so you know so talking trash on Missouri isn’t really generating the effect that you desire

Anyway, nice pivot, you’re a moron, cope elsewhere

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I can’t believe the Patriots only had one back to back

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Space Jam posted:

they call it the lamar jackson gambit

It should be called the Paul Pierce

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Man the tail end of that game day thread was dire

Some casual swinging in saying why is this owner talking about his parents? Nobody cares!

You mean Lamar Hunt, who invented the Super Bowl? Yeah why would his son talk about him after winning the Super Bowl?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Oh my God, I deciphered the logo conspiracy

It was right in front of us the whole time

The purple did not represent Baltimore

https://x.com/nfl/status/1756892137528987808?s=61&t=VfPms4CBkLlZnXNpXD5M5Q

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Shoenin posted:

btw blame the Bills for chefs winning

Everyone had their shot. It’s not like they had a bye. They had to get through Miami, Buffalo, Baltimore, and San Francisco. Buffalo Baltimore were away games and considering most of the fans in the stadium were San Francisco fans might as well call this an away game too

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Mega64 posted:

Glad your team just won the Super Bowl and the thing you're most concerned about is defending the honor of the billionaire that owns the team.

I do whatever I want after Super Bowl wins

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I was wondering when the refs were going to hand it to us. Seemed like a lack of that narrative in this game.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

YOLOsubmarine posted:

They would have won under the old rules as well.

No, San Francisco would’ve won with the field goal

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Canned Sunshine posted:

The prior rules required a TD on first possession to win, otherwise a FG givers it to the other team who can tie or win with their own TD.

Depends on which prior rules you mean because before 2010 field goal won it

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

facialimpediment posted:

Don't know why, but it *just* hit me that the super bowl overtime rules were different, where even if SF scored a touchdown on that overtime possession, it wouldn't end the game.

Basically swung my logic, don't really have a problem with Shanahan kicking the field goal. Defense just didn't make a stop and rip

As I mentioned in the game thread Tony Romo didn't know this either. When Purdy threw that errant pass on third down into the endzone he said that was for the the Super Bowl win and no, Chiefs still would have had a chance. They changed this rule for the Bills.

Also a couple things MVS has more rings than ARodge. Jawan Taylor: zero penalties, zero sacks given up.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Ornery and Hornery posted:

McDuffie once again shows that he has that dawg in him.

Pron on VHS posted:

McDuffie with the blitz and pass deflection, saving the game. He had Deebo Samuel in HELL all night, clamped down.

https://x.com/Chiefs/status/1756835447903567994?s=20

Trent McDuffie

Reminder that the pick the Chiefs used to draft McDuffie was the pick they got from the Tyreek Hill trade.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

https://twitter.com/TheRealJosh05/status/1756894940049580314

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Chiefs lucked their way to another SB

luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

shyduck posted:

I never played organized football but my guess in general is it's much harder physically and mentally to have to guess and react versus when you're on the offense and you know what your role and route is

You're chasing and therefore have to cover more ground also

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

CharlestheHammer posted:

That kicker should have got MVP and I will die on this hill

Butker had a nutso year.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Reminder that Harrison Butker was on the Panthers' practice squad but the Panthers can't recognize talent as well as Veach and then signed him and sent Cairo Santos packing and all the Chiefs fans were like WHY because Cairo was a decent enough kicker.

Harrison Butker is as white bread home school prayer group as it gets and yet somehow that dude has a 40 inch vertical and it just doesn't really make sense.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

davecrazy posted:

I’ve been traveling all day for work so have not been around social media that much. Apparently now Travis Kelce is a domestic abuser because he bumped into Andy Reid on the sideline?

It was a bad look but of course way overblown. What Travis was yelling about was correct. Everyone saying he's roid raging has never played football well.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

My buddy is at Disneyland today and sent me this

https://imgur.com/mEk4ihS

dude has to be like holy poo poo it's bright I should not have had that 13th shot in honor of Taylor last night

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

indigi posted:

he did do elder abuse. And that's not ok

elder abuse

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

There isn't a whole lot going on upstairs with Hardman in general. I followed him on social media for a while. Mostly his content consisted of various places he likes to nap and his Hellcat.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

indigi posted:

it's such a weird and unique situation that the Chiefs have one of the best DCs going and there's no threat of him getting hired away. imagine if teams like the 9ers or Ravens just didn't have to worry about their coordinators getting poached. it's such a sneaky advantage

I just hope they don’t figure out how good our secondary coach is

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Reid:

Lost Divisional playoffs (at Giants) 20–10
Lost NFC Championship (at Rams) 29–24
Lost NFC Championship (Buccaneers) 27–10
Lost NFC Championship (Panthers) 14–3
Lost Super Bowl XXXIX (vs. Patriots) 24–21
Lost Divisional playoffs (at Saints) 27–24
Lost NFC Championship (at Cardinals) 32–25
Lost Wild Card playoffs (at Cowboys) 34–14
Lost Wild Card playoffs (Packers) 21–16
Lost Wild Card Playoffs (at Colts) 44–45 *blew a 38-10 lead*
Lost Divisional Playoffs (at Patriots) 20–27
Lost Divisional Playoffs (Steelers) 16–18
Lost Wild Card Playoffs (Titans) 21–22

The takeaway is, get yourself a quarterback.

Getting Mahomes and people are like I'm so impressed Reid fixed his time clock management issues.

lol having The Guy at QB is what fixes that.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Zwabu posted:

I like the play call on the winning TD. The fact that they ran it immediately after the Kelce first down and the fact that it was the same type of play to close out last year’s SB suggests they had it prepared for that situation, if they got down around the ten yard line or so.

If they had called a time out before running it the 49ers probably have a much better chance defending it. But doing it with tempo like that means the defense kind of just has to jump in there and react, and the likelihood of them biting on the in/out fake by the receiver was high. It is a good play design, executed well and in the right situation.

Was it clear what Kelce was saying during his outburst on the sideline? Was he mainly mad about not getting the ball thrown to him, or what?

https://twitter.com/SNFonNBC/status/1757106833523642843

also Kelce was taken out of a play for a third string TE to block and that guy immediately hosed up and caused a turnover and Kelce was screaming let him block because he was willing to sacrifice his body. or something. He was out of line and in a regular season game he probably would have been benched for a series. His message was also right don't preserve your best players during the last game.

lol that this means he's a domestic abuser waiting to happen or whatever. I remember people saying that poo poo about David Beckham when he kicked that guy in the World Cup.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Something to consider. Sorry for the double post

Once Dre Greenlaw went down, Oren Burks filled in for him. Here’s how he did in coverage:

• 9 targets
• 9 catches allowed
• 1 touchdown
• 134.7 passer rating when targeted
• 32.1 PFF coverage grade

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I think you're right

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

They would have forced you to listen to Travis Kelce scream the entire lyrics of Viva Las Vegas

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I watched this one in Vegas. It was epic

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/recap/_/gameId/290710041

quote:

Syracuse survives longest game in Big East history with epic win over UConn

Updated: Mar 13, 2009, 02:33 pm

NEW YORK -- Syracuse and Connecticut played a game for the ages Thursday night and into early Friday. When it was over, everybody in Madison Square Garden was exhausted and, except for the losing team, exhilarated.

Telling someone that Syracuse (No. 20 ESPN/USA Today, No. 18 AP) beat Connecticut (No. 4 ESPN/USA Today, No. 3 AP) 127-117 in six overtimes in the quarterfinals of the Big East tournament is equivalent to saying there's a star in the sky.

There's more, so much more.

"I've got no words," Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim said when asked to describe the second-longest Division I game ever. "I've never been prouder of any team I've coached."

There were the numbers, from the 3 hours, 46 minutes it took to play the game that ended at 1:22 a.m., to the combined 244 points, 102 of which came after the regulation buzzer, to the eight players who fouled out, to the six who registered double-doubles.

And that wasn't nearly all. Just ask Syracuse point guard Jonny Flynn, who had 34 points and 11 assists in a game-high 67 minutes, only 3 fewer than were played.

"I just wanted to get the game over with," he said. "I was thinking, 'Lord, just get this game over with. Whoever wins the game, let's just get it over with.'"

Much earlier in the evening, West Virginia beat No. 2 Pittsburgh 74-60, meaning that instead of a much-anticipated third meeting between two teams that held the No. 1 ranking this season in the semifinals, it will be sixth-seeded Syracuse (No. 20, No. 18) and the seventh-seeded Mountaineers.

"I can't even feel my legs right now," Flynn said. "It was a tough game, we battled it out, but we have to turn it around -- today -- and face a tough team in West Virginia."

Top-seeded and fifth-ranked Louisville will meet fourth-seeded Villanova (No. 13, No. 10) in the other semifinal.

Andy Rautins hit a 3-pointer 10 seconds into the sixth overtime, giving the Orange their first lead since regulation.

"We needed to get one tip and sure enough we had the set play and we had Andy coming off a set screen and boom, he made it," Boeheim said. "That was pretty big."

The game finished one overtime short of the record set in Cincinnati's 75-73 victory over Bradley on Dec. 21, 1981.

Paul Harris had 29 points and 22 rebounds, while Eric Devendorf had 22 points and Rautins had 20, all but two on 3-pointers.

The Orange made 40 of 51 free throws, but Connecticut made just 24 of 42.

"We lost the game because we turned the ball over 27 times and couldn't make a foul shot," Connecticut coach Jim Calhoun said.

A.J. Price had 33 points and 10 assists for the Huskies (27-4), while Stanley Robinson had 28 points and was one of three Connecticut players with 14 rebounds. Hasheem Thabeet had 19 points, 14 rebounds and six of the Huskies' 16 blocked shots.

What will almost be forgotten as this game is recounted over the years was that it was nearly over before even one overtime was played.

Connecticut's Kemba Walker, one of the smallest players on the court, grabbed a loose rebound and laid it in with 1.1 seconds left in regulation to tie the game at 71. After a Syracuse timeout, Harris ran the baseline and threw an inbounds pass past midcourt that was deflected by Connecticut's Gavin Edwards to Devendorf, who let a shot go from about 28 feet just as the red lights around the backboard went off.

It went in, and Devendorf jumped up on the courtside press table, pounding his chest and screaming as his teammates reached up and pulled him down to the court.

The play was reviewed -- as are all shots near the end of halves -- and veteran officials John Cahill and Bob Donato watched replay after replay, finally stepping back and ruling the shot was late, sending the game into the first overtime 5-minute overtime.

It wouldn't end until six of them were played.

"It would have been a lot better if they just counted Eric's shot and we could have gone home 2 hours ago," Boeheim said, "but that's the way it goes."

Connecticut took the lead in each of the first five overtimes, but Syracuse found a way to come back in all of them. Rautins' 3 to start the sixth overtime gave the Orange their first lead since 71-69 with 27 seconds to go in regulation.

"It's a loss. There was something historic about the game, certainly," Calhoun said. "Both teams competed. Rautins' big 3, A.J.'s big plays. ... I'm sure in the summertime I'll look back at what a historic battle it was. Right now, it's a loss.

"We wanted to play tomorrow night, and playing Friday night in Madison Square Garden, playing in the semifinals, is pretty special."

The first overtime ended tied at 81-81 when Walker ducked between two Syracuse players for a 3-point attempt at the buzzer that was short.

The second overtime almost had an ending for the ages when Walker let go with a shot from just inside midcourt that bounced off the back of the rim, leaving it tied at 87.

Connecticut scored the first six points of the third overtime, and the Huskies were still ahead by six on Jeff Adrien's follow dunk with 2:08 left. Harris scored consecutive field goals for Syracuse, and after Price made one free throw with 21 seconds left for a 98-95 lead, Rautins hit a 3 with 11 seconds left to tie it. Price missed a 3 and Adrien was off with the rebound, and it was time for the fourth overtime, making this the longest Big East tournament game.

Price missed a drive with 10 seconds left in the fourth overtime and Harris had two shots blocked in the final seconds to send it to No. 5 tied at 104.

Price took an NBA-distance 3-pointer with 6 seconds left in the fifth overtime and it bounced off the rim to Adrien, who was short with a jumper at the buzzer, leaving the game tied at 110.

The players were exhausted and most of the sellout crowd of 19,375 was still in the seats, or at least standing in front of them, for the sixth overtime.

Because four players from each team fouled out, players who rarely saw action all season were on the court in the final 5 minutes.

The only previous triple-overtime game in Big East tournament history was Syracuse's 83-80 victory over Villanova in the 1981 championship game, just the second one ever played. That game featured Leo Rautins of the Orange, Andy's father.

"The triple-overtime game was an unbelievable game," said Boeheim, who was still a relative newcomer on the sidelines then. "I think it'd be hard to top this game."

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I was not a fan of Tony Romo talking over the moment of winning the entire loving time and absolutely zero of what he said was important or necessary

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

It continues to surprise me how k-dramas and movies and music have suddenly exploded in the West, and not with the dork squad like anime did

Like, Korean is an incredibly hard language to learn, and it’s not like any of it is stuff we don’t have here, idgi

I love working with our Korean office on movie campaigns. It's very exciting stuff and produces cool content and the language looks rad on posters.

Japan is a loving nightmare, but Korea rules.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Man my stomach would not look like that in that exact position that I can promise you

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Kalli posted:

Jackson Mahomes just couldn't stand not being the center of attention...

Pretty cool joke oh hey just FYI my family and many many friends are at this parade

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

22 people shot, 2 now dead

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Apparently all children are not considered in critical condition and are expected to make a full recovery.

Some of the injured were from the press of people, not gunshots apparently.

This guy should get season tickets for life

https://twitter.com/BillSchammert/status/1757928365179199917

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Sounding like this all started with a verbal argument between two groups, two grown mean vs like five teenagers

quote:

2.5 hours ago, I posted about Travis Kelce being drunk. That doesn't matter at all.

Witness who was standing directly behind the first shooting as it happened on
@DanaAndParks

Says it started as a verbal argument between two larger men and 5 younger people.

quote:

The group of 5 had masks & hoodies on.

Says he thought it was over as the groups started walking away from each other.

That's when one of the group of 5 turned back, pointed his book bag toward the larger men & opened fire.

Says it sounded like a fully automatic gun.

quote:

Believes the initial victim died, a number of people in the area were injured by the gun fire.

Says a second shooting happened not far away.

Says he had to piece it together while talking with his wife on the phone after running.

Just wanted to find his family.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

https://x.com/jacksonkmbc9/status/1757930007660261634?s=46&t=lsDoWNTuhOQoRWbL6s6fwA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

At least post the long version lmao

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/1757784644802453670

whoever lost that mask needs to come forward