Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
temu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

That was a pretty good game

Definitely a slow burn but with good twists and turns. Seemed like it was hell for a fan of either side.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I hope next year the Chiefs are worse in the regular season, better in the postseason and 3x more racist

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Sex Farm posted:

I'm a Vikings fan and all I care about is Chicago and Green Bay taking L's. To a much lesser extent the Lions. I do not have a strong opinion on other teams, and the AFC doesn't matter to me at all. I think the Chiefs being a dynasty is good because it makes me feel better about my dumpster fire team. Like in a "at least nobody else can beat those fuckers" way. Is that a common thing?

Yeah my feeling is if my team doesn't win then might as well add the ring to a heap in some place I don't care about and will never go.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Black Lighter posted:

Crazy that the new rules were instituted after the Bills lost to the Chiefs in the 13 Seconds game, and that the first team to benefit from them was the Chiefs

Chiefs would have won with the old ot rules too, just not the older ot rules.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Black Sunshine posted:

How do you have Nick Bosa and Chase Young and not just make Mahomes a permanent fixture in the turf?

Because he's been insanely hard to sack his whole career. There have been tons of Dls who think they have him and they just get sidestepped and Pat runs for 15 yards.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I mean Mahomes almost never gets properly tackled when he runs because he slides but there was one run that he just fully trucked a safety. When he gets a full head of steam he looks viscerally unpleasant to stop for the average secondary player.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

TheBizzness posted:

Mahomes missed the exact same route but more open to Rice on the last pass attempt of regulation, to be fair.

Even with the TO there's reasonable risk throwing the ball short of the end zone over the middle.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

MJeff posted:

Thing is if the 49ers scored a TD, the Chiefs planned to go for 2. There wasn't gonna be a third possession either way.

Forcing the other team to go for 2 by starting is a potential advantage in of itself.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Converting a 2 seems a lot easier than successfully playing defense and driving down the field again

What's the expectation % defending a field goal sudden death situation.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Mr. Nice! posted:

When that's the guy calling the coin toss, he needs to know the rules.

I mean the coach told him what to choose and he successfully did the coaches chosen strategy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

facialimpediment posted:

I completely missed this poo poo in real-time:

https://twitter.com/SpaceCoyoteBDS/status/1757444583191933216?t=M96tNhcqeJtZDt5t4SeoRw&s=19

Reid, on a potential game-losing play, called a play where by design, Bosa was to be unblocked and caught in the wash of a whole bunch of faked actions that were never live. Football!

Would Kelce have picked up Bosa if he went outside leaving the safety to stop Mahomes? Obviously not as good as what happened but open field tackling Mahomes is not an easy task.