Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009
Is the Forgotten Capital an actual dungeon or did they rush that part of the story? (I'm not clicking that link)

Spermando fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Feb 28, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009
Last question, since it's only 6 hours till midnight here. Is this bop in the game?
https://youtu.be/X7-0p76jirI?si=fw5ZXr7QDdY7CJv-

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009
So the ending was basically this.

The guy on the other forum keeps insisting that there is no such thing as alternate timelines. It's a huge misunderstanding introduced in the localization. And that no-one who played it in English got the very subtle message that Sarruf is Rufus.

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009

Pollyanna posted:

What other forum? Got a link?

It's in a different language.

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009

Honest Thief posted:

lol whats their take, that in nihongo time is the same word as world or smth? Like, one of the scenario writers is from the FF8 and you can tell

He published his take here. Use Google Translate or something because it's a real wall of text:
https://areajugones.sport.es/videojuegos/te-explicamos-en-detalle-el-final-de-final-fantasy-vii-rebirth/

Edit: To summarize, Stamp's soul has a nasty case of breed dysphoria.

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009

Honest Thief posted:

This makes a lot of sense, there's a lot in the game to support this reading like the dream motiff, the ammount of already vritual reality in the dream/real worlds too and while I can read Spanish but I didnt see any mention of localisation issues in it
Granted, the article I posted was edited by someone else, so it's missing all the "actually he says it's been 100 lotus festivals, not it's been a long time" and "it's astral worlds, not alternate realities, baka". And seeing him backpedal on a lot of stuff he kept insulting people for over the years has been amusing.

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009

Gologle posted:

In OG FF7 Vincent was I believe technically the best magic user, which considering the stat spread did not matter at all, but there you go.
Well, that certainly didn't carry over to Dirge.

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009
I think the entire boss rush and the ending sapped away any emotion that scene could have. The ending FMV left me feeling like the season 2 finale of Twin Peaks.

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009
I like the parts in nu-FF7 where Aerith is a little goblin who trolls people, but this game has a bit less of that.

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009
I wonder if they're going to do anything different for the "real" flashback, now that they've paraded Zack around in this game and have already stated he was at least present.

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKUFXhnc9T8
You okay back there, Cloud?

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009

RC Cola posted:

What is the best new song and why is it jenova

Which of the two. I'm partial to the first one with the creepy vocals.
The cave of the Gi has some really cool music for a place that you spend ten minutes in and can't revisit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009

Arist posted:

Finished it, thought it ruled, moderately confused by the ending, but the thing that's kinda stuck in my craw is that it's a little weird to start with the Kalm flashback and not really pay that off in the ending. I was kind of assuming they'd combine some of the stuff from Northern Crater in the original with the Forgotten Capital just to give the middle chapter more of an arc, but they didn't. Oh well.

It's also weird that they revealed the fact that Zack was there, but it didn't matter much in the plot. Maybe they have different plans for the reveal in the northern crater.