Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
OK, boring story #1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
OK ImpAtom, I can't stand it anymore, I held it in for as long as I could, I need to know: Is Yuffie still as overpowered as she was in her DLC, or did they nerf her?

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
God this game is going to loving own

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
It also makes sense why Red XIII is so rude to Barrett specifically, Barrett is his dad

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
So the Gi are the plot of Endwalker?

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
So, even in Remake, I had a feeling that this series would "tie-up" the Compilation, in the sense that the events of this series would practically wrap everything up so there would be no loose ends remaining afterward, essentially making it so the events of Dirge of Cerberus and Advent Children will no longer happen. Does anyone else agree, or do you think the future events will still transpire?

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
https://www.rpgsite.net/feature/15561-explaining-analysing-what-happens-in-final-fantasy-vii-rebirth-ending

ImpAtom, you had more time with the game than the rest of us, and so more time to think about the ending. What do you make of this theory? Reaching, or valid? Right now I'm in the camp that says Cloud has fully lost his marbles

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I was more upset that I won't have an amazing caster for Part 3.

In OG FF7 Vincent was I believe technically the best magic user, which considering the stat spread did not matter at all, but there you go.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Why does the Black Materia even summon a meteor anyway?

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3

I honestly dislike this, because it means no matter what happens at the end of the third game or however many games they wind up doing, Sephiroth still ends up an angry ghost in the Lifestream, doomed to wander forever, powerless and impotent after Cloud dies and nobody is left to remember him. Like, sure, the man is a total monster now, but its literally not even his fault he's an abomination against nature created by the Most Evil Man Possible. Like, let Sephiroth have a true death man. I'm not even arguing redeeming him, I'm saying that being forced to spend an eternity as a ghost unable to find peace and in constant misery sucks.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
So is mako poisoning actually just someone getting overwhelmed by the thoughts and experiences of all the souls in the Lifestream?

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3

Onmi posted:

I wonder if the final Stamp will be a Wolf, since Cloud is associated with Wolves in the compilation, and in general I guess. OH MAN THAT WOULD BE SO DUMBRAD IF THE FINAL STAMP WAS THE FENRIR EMBLEM CLOUD HAS IN AC. THAT ALSO WORKS FOR WHAT THE CLEAR MATERIA COULD FILL IN TO BEING.

"Maybe I'm a Lion..."

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
This Sephiroth remembers Greg from Dissidia and wanted to catch up

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Aeris will be playable in the next game, but ONLY in VR Missions and if Cloud is in the party he has a permanent Sadness effect on himself

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Actually I think Vincent's whole deal now was Lucrecia's doing, not Hojo. Hojo killed him, Lucrecia is the one who did the experiments on him to turn him into horror movie villains.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
All this talk is telling me is that Cloud is a MASTER gaslighter

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Have you considered that Gus' theme owns? So really who is to say he's all that bad

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
To be fair Vincent probably also could have beat Sephiroth at the time of the Nibleheim massacre, in fact I think he still has Chaos at the end of Dirge of Cerberus even but I don't remember that much about it.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3

ImpAtom posted:

Like maybe in some theoretical world Zangan, Vincent and Zack could have teamed up but there's a pretty short period of time for that to happen.

Yo that world fuckin owns

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
I think Aeris's are like dogs in that they just sort of do things arbitrarily

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3

Raxivace posted:

I honestly wish the KH games would follow up on whatever the gently caress happened to its version of Zack.

If I remember correctly, in the post credits sequence of the Disney worlds it shows a black feather floating down behind Zack so Sephiroth probably straight up killed him.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Um actually the symbolism is very deep, it represents capitalism because while the

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Oh, that's pretty interesting. I never read Lifestream Black, and I only remember small snippets of White, so I didn't know that the Sephiroth that "exists" now is practically entirely different from the Sephiroth before his death. I'm kinda sad that it implies he literally doesn't even remember Genesis or Angeal anymore, but this could also possibly mean that the vestiges of Sephiroth that were good might still be able to reincarnate somehow.