Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Kaedric posted:

Hahah, I can't be the only person who feels like the guy pictured above just looks like Mac from Always Sunny with a wig/wigbeard.

You keep using this word jabroni-suru

and it's...awesome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Okay so this is kind of fun, my brother is a goon but never posts but he's also a screenwriter in LA.

This is an email where he put feelers out through his agent and manager and tried to write a script for an update on Shogun and was told the following

lol look at the date. They have been working on this poo poo for 8 years minimum. By the way he absolutely loves this adaptation and is very very aware he could not have done it better or nearly as good if we're being honest.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Jehde posted:

That's 1 more than Shogun so far. We'll see how the last 2 shape up though.

No matter how good a show or movie is some goon comes in the thread to say it's garbage.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Maybe they're leaning away from his character being the identity of the viewpoint so much that they kind of just turned him into a sideline reporter.

I don't like it but I can see a studio being scared of getting anywhere close to Blackthorne: White Savior

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

i buy the shinobi being masked attackers - not wearing black, but beige that blends in more indoors - when the point is for them to be unidentified while doing their thing, wearing layers that are removable so they can blend in later plus eschewing armour to not make noise, for this kind of large coordinated group action this makes sense as opposed to the former idea of the ninja as the individual stealth infiltrator and espionage agent - these aren’t like the earlier episode where a deep cover agent in serving clothes was activated

they should have all been dressed like this

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Phy posted:

So was there any deeper significance of Mariko's poem about the leafless branch? Seems like the kind of thing that would be Weighted With Import for those well-versed in the culture, more than just "good, but a little bleak"

While the snow remains

Veiled in the haze of cold evening

A leafless branch

Now I must make like a tree

And leave

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

counterfeitsaint posted:

Is that one movie still censored on Disney+? The like totally unremarkable romcom the 90s where the photoshopped out some girls butt with long hair?

CapnAndy posted:

Splash, and a quick google turned up people saying both yes and no so :shrug:

please tell me there is some rando remake of Splash and we're not talking about the Tom Hanks / Darryl Hannah movie

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

god i'm old

quote:

totally unremarkable romcom the 90s

this though lmao

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

That said, I would not in the slightest surprised to learn that they HAD made a Splash tv series, that it ran for 11 seasons and was the most streamed sitcom in all of recorded history with all kinds of stats showing it had a huge level of engagement and interest from viewers... and that nobody had ever heard of it OR the people who starred in it.

What is stopping you

get to pitchin this

edit: cast the guy that plays Squirrley Dan on Letterkenny to play John Candy's character, smoking while playing racquetball lol

kiimo fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Apr 19, 2024

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

lol that movie was written by Brian Grazer. All the way back when he was a writer.

The star power it took to put that together and it was mediocre as hell but I didn't care I was like 7 and just wanted to see mermaid butts

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Hero sucks because it was the movie that kept Jet Li from being in the Matrix sequel and that would have been rad. I had really hoped a new program was going to teach Neo the true meaning of speed

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Someone at work said they watched the dubbed version so they can be on their phone and I'm honestly having a hard time continuing to respect them as a person.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I dunno I'm torn. It's a dangerous thing to do but if it remained this quality I would LOVE to see the continued adventures of Toranaga-sama and his pet barbarian

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I feel like maybe you can get two episodes out of showing the battle and what ends up happening to Ishido right there.

Then you have Toranaga becoming Shogun and repeatedly burning down Blackthorn's boats for a laugh.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Find a way to get stately nun Fuji to come back and crack some skulls and dammit you son of a bitch I'm in

Jerusalem posted:

We pan down from the sun, we are now close on the shore of the fishing village. After a beat, the gloved Japanese armor gauntlet of Yabushige grabs on to the sand by the shore, and the ultimate survivor pulls himself from the maw of the ocean...

lmao

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Better than Chernobyl Season 2 man what a downer

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Enderzero posted:

Christmas special! While Toranaga tries to understand the spirit of Christmas, a boat wrecks on the shore, full of entertainers.

“This troupe is called The Decemberists, my lord. They beg to perform for you.”

The Muppets Take Osaka Castle

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Nice Tuckpointing! posted:

Ishido in his desperation digs a hole under Osaka Castle only to find a bunker where he has to enter a code every 108 minutes.

Not Penny's Bamboo Saw

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Nybble posted:

Shogun S2 should be the same cast and same story as S1, but they all play different characters.

Fierce Creatures: The Japans

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

What happened to making Tai Pan next

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Plus GoT had David Benioff who has a history of loving things up.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Let's hope it isn't Big Little Lies or True Detective and more, I dunno, the Game of Thrones: House of the Dragon which I was shocked to be totally into

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I remain dumbfounded that Anna Sawai had this kind of performance in her. If anyone was unfortunate enough to watch Monarch Legacy of Monsters she was abysmal.