Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raymond T. Racing
Jun 11, 2019

victrix posted:

There is a sort inventory button not bound on controller by default :siren:

Wish I had known this *checks notes* since the beginning of the game

It’s bound to click both sticks at the same time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raymond T. Racing
Jun 11, 2019

the "talk at the mute main character" method of storytelling is hard to do

it's even harder to do when you never actually see those characters or go anywhere that really has environmental story telling

the concept is really good, but yeah, I'm about to make it into the deep zone and reading the past few posts feels like exactly what I was thinking

Raymond T. Racing
Jun 11, 2019

Coolguye posted:

it is, but even in that context i don't really feel like this game did it very well.

i felt actively insulted a number of times because the three stooges would go on for full minutes about their own dramas, and then as an afterthought they would say something about "helping the Driver" at the end of their spiel, and i'd just be over here going "don't pretend like you give the slightest gently caress about me"

to be clear, I was not suggesting they did a good job at it

driver has no actual real motivations, or even personality traits that can be ascribed to them

gordon freeman:
- we know he's smart he has a phd from MIT
- we're able to learn things about him based on the interactions other characters have with him

driver:
- they're a delivery driver I think?