Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: OwlFancier, crispix)

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Mebh posted:

:swoon:

Mine always are a bit wonky.

I had some Polish friends bring round some Kielbasa mysliwska and it was divine on pizza.

Is that beezza?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

bessantj posted:

Good choice, bees are so great.

You first need a bee to have beer!

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mega Comrade posted:

I think the posts of "if I was on £70k" are forgetting he's the soul breadwinner of a family of 4.

That families have the choice of both parents working but child care costing THOUSANDS of £ a month or one partner just not working at all, is an issue facing people all different classes and incomes (well except the super rich).

That is the point where you are supposed to start looking for a second working parent for the family. Two parents go to work, one looks after the kids.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Clyde Radcliffe posted:

Election at the end of April which technically isn't May.

No no, they're planning to bring Theresa May back to helm.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Guavanaut posted:

I'd imagine that the difference here is that one encourages open communication and the other encourages (or encouraged) garden shed wanking where your wife can't see you

Just because you don't hold erotic autosphyxiation sessions by yourself in the garden shed while telling your wife that you need to be left undisturbed so you can write your memoir as PM doesn't mean that it isn't the most common form of BDSM.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

dadrips posted:

In all honesty - you really can't compare the irreplaceable Syrian archaeological treasures with an unremarkable painting of some random gurning imperialist. We've got plenty of those.

The big difference is that if you go to a museum and destroy an old piece of art, they will make you pay for its restoration for the rest of your days. Meanwhile if you order a war crime against historical artifacts then you are not held responsible.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Goatse James Bond posted:

just so I'm understanding correctly, Harry's murdering his way to the throne, right?

Nah, Liz Truss already killed him and the other Windsors. Britain is a republic now.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Jedit posted:

On the subject of plastic surgery: I have been thinking that it's possible Kate has had to have an Angelina Jolie Special - preventative hysterectomy and double mastectomy - and doesn't want to be seen because her breast reconstruction isn't finished properly yet.

There are prosthesis for this, though. While that is still a possibility, absolutely the most likely explanation is the simplest one, which is that William killed her and hid the pieces of her body in the palace grounds.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Maybe Kate tried to escape from the Foggy Islands on a sail boat like princess Latifa from Dubai, but the boat sank and she was rescued by a passing small boat and in the end she was flown to Rwanda.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

bessantj posted:

Oh I bet that tastes like sadness.

They ate it by the kitchen counter, standing.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mega Comrade posted:

Seems pretty clear to me it's just a women recovering from surgery who wants a little privacy while she heals. But no , country has to go all frothy mouthed about it.

Should have quit while your were ahead

She's had the same surgical operation that Anna Boleyn and Catherine Howard had.

Keeping ahead can be hard in the royal family.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Did you know that (at least) on Royal Caribbean cruise ships they have a thing in all elevator floors that displays the current day of the week, because when you're on a cruise you lose a track of those things?

Well maybe you could do the same thing in UK but with the current PM's name.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Guavanaut posted:

"Find jokes about Malaysian people"

Ian Miles Cheong?

(idk, maybe not about Malaysian people but from Malaysian people...)

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Once Kate's body parts start emerging, they will make immigrants the scape goat, mark my words. They did the same with Jack the Ripper who was also a member of the royal family.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Lady Demelza posted:

What is the best watermelon vodka?

:mods: BAN THIS

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

keep punching joe posted:

Just have an election jfc

Election sounds like a big mess, why not just pick another PM and go with that

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

His Divine Shadow posted:

Window awnings are pretty effective at keeping heat from the windows. They also give a house a pretty neat look. At the least they make it easier for an AC to work.

Trees are also an excellent and easy way to provide shade. Maybe not the fastest but your kids will be thanking you.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Lmao heaviest baby as oldest. A lifetime of bullying the slightly smaller twin.

If they are identical twins then you can't tell them apart by anything other than weight. The heavier one is always Morty and the smaller one is always Ferdy. If Ferdy gains weight then he becomes Morty. That's just how it's always worked.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Phrakusca posted:

I'm reminded of a debate that consumed a lecture back when I was at uni on whether or not it was ok to write/say "an historic".

H as a first letter is always silent in English. Even the letter itself is pronounced aitch. That's just ow grammar works.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Tsingtao is the old form for Qingtao, as the brewery was established by German colonialists some 120 years ago. There was also a local pidgin

quote:

Deutschland master in schipp make make bumm bam fisst.

quote:

The German masters (in their) ships make a lot of noise.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Rear Garden Boys was really popular in my youth

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

He should have worn a bolo tie and a silk scarf on alternate days to confuse the commentators.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

crispix posted:

i mean it's an interesting response to the country's roads falling apart but i think the money would be better put towards road repair crews and tarmac

It's more affordable and safer for the rich to take it to the skies so they don't have to sit in the traffic with common hoodlums. And who knows, maybe you will occasionally get a surprise visit from the airlords when the robodrone carrying them over your slum malfunctions and crashes through your bedroom ceiling.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

serious gaylord posted:

After that I would engage with a solicitor.

I think this might be too soon to start a new relationship :(

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Betting chat:

I sometimes get a 'lucky dip' for the lottery (national or euromillions), maybe 3 or 4 times a year. But I never choose numbers because I "know" the time I don't play the numbers will be the time they win big & I absolutely do not want to get sucked in to it.
When the lottery first started in the 90s, we had a syndicate at work, and after several years of paying in £52 each in a year and only getting net winnings of less than £10 each over the year, most of us wanted out but again we 'knew' the week we didn't play would be the week it would have won. When there was a quite big round of redundancies, we took that opportunity to dissolve the syndicate.

A "bet"ter idea is to collect an amount of money from everyone and on Friday hold a lottery for a bottle of booze bought with that. Much better likelihood of winning and lower price.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Rarity posted:

The only thing it's ok to bet on is professional wrestling

didn't we already agree not to support cruelty on animals

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

OwlFancier posted:

Illegal horse books are the ones where they show you the forbidden equestrianism. Riding the horse upside down, the dark ritual required to become a centaur, that sort of thing.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

mrpwase posted:

James Blunt did a pretty good job stopping WW3 during the Balkan Wars. Maybe we should send him in again?

He was serving under Michael Jackson then, we can't have the dream team back I'm afraid.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Welp bet you're all feeling bad for laughing about ar kate now.

rumors give tumors

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

crispix posted:

i just have an awful feeling i might hear about him some time because a person prone to getting that shitfaced really shouldn't be living in a house full of guns :/

You should have asked for one of the guns as reward, that way you could gradually disarm him.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

OwlFancier posted:

Yeah if i had to live in dense housing I'd prefer commieblocks in parks rather than infinite concrete hell.

E: I know Sweden doesn't technically build commieblocks but those do look a lot like the prefab soviet designs.

There's a connection, but it's not necessarily what you think. Finland is very similar to Sweden due to close ties. When the first concrete element factory was opened in Finland in 1964 and building new suburbs really sped up, USSR sent high ranking visitors on a study trip to see how it was done here. Everyone wanted to build cheap housing in expanding cities, especially so in war ravaged countries like USSR, Finland and Japan where there was a real shortage of living space. Soviets then spent good time looking at how their capitalist neighbours were doing it just like everyone was trying to learn from each other. Soviet Union built more Khruschevkas than anyone else but that doesn't mean that they invented the concept by themselves.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

I hate these AI generated fake articles where words seem to be correct but they don't actually mean anything, it’s just a salad mashed together by an algorithm.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Scientastic posted:

Great that parents raised it though, I can think of a few round here who would like to get school photos edited to remove their out-group of choice

Hopefully this is the future of group photography so we can go full Stalin on assholes that we'd rather forget. "That's Jeff, a oval office convicted of rape. Delete. There's Rebecca, a oval office who is a Tory councilor. Delete. And look who's there..." :sever:

I'm only joking, but you can bet that people are going to use technology in some cringey ways

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

mediaphage posted:

right? eat chocolate because it’s delicious who needs another reason

He's a chain smoking alcoholic, his taste buds are dead.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mebh posted:

Anyone have any experience with anti vibration mats? I have a cat fountain upstairs that sends a low hum into the floor below it, so I put it on a flannel and it massively reduced the noise.

lol I wasn't reading with my brain on so I got really puzzled what kind of house or cat do you have that the cat purring upstairs can be heard downstairs

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

How do you get the fountain functioning? Mine would run for two minutes and then the pump would get clogged with cat hair

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

That's the current plan to stop small boats. Just need more and stronger poo so that any rubber boats will just dissolve on contact.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

A poo tide lifts all boats

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Starbucks posted:

Nah just zero point them, more fun that way.

They will receive points, I guarantee you. They have friends who think that Israel is right and needs to be supported even if they don't watch the show because it's satanic and gay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Nuclear Spoon posted:

i think the more surprising thing is a supposedly senior courtier leaking "yeah mate it's a shitshow" to the press

Probably someone estimating that they have less than a year left in their job so might as well sell a scoop while it's hot.