Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: OwlFancier, crispix)

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Plus modern main beams seem to be designed based on

rather than seeing where you're going.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Am I old because I knew instantly what film that image is from?

:corsair:

Or do the young 'uns also know?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZ9B7owHxMQ

TACD posted:

isn’t “puppy smuggling” also a euphemism for wearing a sweater over large breasts? or is that just something my internet-poisoned brain has invented?
Those are sweater puppies, I've never heard it the other way around. Although in the theme of the above, it's possible that we're both some kind of deviated prevert
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ud9zBKJJQe4

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

smellmycheese posted:

I regret to inform you that Mustard has gone woke

Yes, they're making English food less spicy to cater to the Muslims *laughs in 5000 halal piri piri chicken shops*

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Banned from TV for being the wrong kind of abuser.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Yeah just legalize coca leaf, import it from the workers' co-ops in Bolivia and Peru, people can make their own cocaine if they want, or just chew it to treat indigestion. You'd instantly get rid of 90% of the shady poo poo in the market.

Or CRISPR algae to make cocaine and pull the rug out from under the market, surprised Boris and his laser rifles didn't propose that route, maybe his dealer threatened him.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
It might be nice for the press to talk to the staff at the pubs and restaurants and cafes who are complaining that they just had their worst winter season on record and aren't getting any bonuses rather than the temporarily embarrassed discretionary spend people.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Scikar posted:

Yeah, the economic point is a valid one and not everyone in the article is necessarily an arsehole, but it's hard to be sympathetic towards people who share no sympathy themselves. Lowering taxes to rectify a cost of living crisis is straight up FYGM
Yeah it's this. It's always an interview with the "you won't guess what this guy in the top 10% recommends to fix the economy (it's the same thing that benefits our board of directors)" type and never with the people downstream of that who are more affected and will never even get a look in at that life.

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

From what I gather (ok from watching too much Blaze channel), the Knights Templar had a complicated and not altogether adversarial relationship with the Muslamics.
The modern Knights Templar is just a racist group thinly disguised as a Freemasons knockoff though. I forget who, but one of England's fash heroes got kicked out of Hungary for being associated with them, as a group too racist even for Hungarian politics. One of Stephen Christopher Yaxley-Lemon's friends.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Guavanaut posted:

I forget who, but one of England's fash heroes got kicked out of Hungary for being associated with them, as a group too racist even for Hungarian politics.
Correction on looking it up, it was one of NI's wannabe fash heroes, Jim Dowson. He's now head of Knights Templar International.

So whatever they were in the past, their current namesake is this bullshit:

quote:

Dowson relocated to Budapest, Hungary, and has been observed in several eastern European countries with his latest venture, Knights Templar International (KTI), along with the former BNP leader Nick Griffin and a Hungarian anti-abortion campaigner Imre Teglasy. Dowson's last sighting, according to the Daily Mirror, was on the Turkey–Bulgaria border with the KTI supplying equipment to a vigilante paramilitary group, the Shipka Bulgarian National Movement, to hunt down asylum seekers. Dowson was subsequently reported as having developed close links with the Russian extremist Aleksandr Dugin, with Dugin aiding Dowson in the establishment of a Belgrade office for his internet activity in support of the "alt-right".

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Also a really good way of increasing discretionary spend in the local economy would be to make sure that everyone can afford the basics, because then any wages on top of that tend to go to discretionary spend in the local economy. Media outlets only interviewing people who complain about taxes and rates deserves mockery.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Zalakwe posted:

Owning a house is bizarrely often not as expensive as renting provided you can afford the deposit in an area you would like to have a house. I have a dream that if I ever win the lottery I am just going to provide houses outright then rent them cheaply, give one away to the renters as soon as I have the money to buy another saved up and so on
That's a bit like one of Corbyn/McDonnell's best ideas, but people decided they wanted brexits instead.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

domhal posted:

Yes. But the Guardian knows where it's bread is buttered, and it's not at those places.
More fool them, if they went to a local cafe they could get it buttered and get some bacon and sauce on it.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

His Divine Shadow posted:

You don't a loving SUV if you have kids. I have kids and I don't have a loving SUV and I am far more car dependant than most people aside from americans in this thread. My newest car is from 2007. It loving works.
Yeah SUVs are a bit like handguns in that if you buy one to protect your kids the thing that just got much more likely to harm them is the thing you just bought. There's too many tragic things that can go wrong when you can't see a 3 foot tall profile in front of you.

Zalakwe posted:

The age crossover for likelihood of Labour vs Tory voting is now 68 (!!! and also lol).
Getting nearer and nearer to the life expectancy outside of wealthy areas.

keep punching joe posted:

Maybe my parenting was different because we ate meat that my dad bought in the pub and the kids rolled around in the boot of the estate car along with the dogs.
Yeah I remember travelling in the back of a pickup with dogs as a kid.

It was fun but very much in a "we drank from the hose and ate lead paint and wore asbestos underpants that we cleaned by throwing them on the coal fire and we survived" facebook meme way.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
lmao I was just writing a parody post about when the press do poverty safaris north of Watford and ignore anyone in actual poverty to interview "Bob Racist, who works as a btl landlord in Durham and Derby."

Beaten at stupid lovely journalism by the stupid lovely journos.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Portuguese Jews invented fish and chips, and it's only because Spain and Portugal decided to be antisemites that it ended up as fast food in London.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

sebzilla posted:

BRING BACK TRADITIONAL BRITTISH FOOD

(it's just nettles)
Apparently before they brought tomatoes back from the new world, ketchup was made with mushrooms, and as there are some mushrooms you can only eat once without ketchuping them, and tomatoes looked as though they ought to be as toxic as the more well known British nightshades, the only culinary thing in Britain that was done with them for quite a while was turning them into a sauce with vinegar.

Mushroom ketchup is good on pies though.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Yeah, they should be taxed in the 90s high school sense. Punch them and steal their poo poo.

feedmegin posted:

Someone should tell the chap that your tastebuds lose sensitivity with age. Things didn't actually all taste better when you were a kid, your body just worked better when you were a kid.
Brussels sprouts definitely taste better than when I was a kid, because they've bred the poo poo tasting alkaloids out of them.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
The toilet was in such bad condition that I shat in my kecks on purpose. Please tell everyone it was on purpose and there were communists near the toilet.

Also please give me a fiver to buy some new ones.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Terry Pratchett posted:

All fungi are edible. Some fungi are only edible once.

The Question IRL posted:

Would you be able to buy new communists for a fiver? He'll, I'm not sure you could get many second hand ones for that price.
I think that's one of the premises behind George Galloway's party.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
The Mail presenting a bit of a non sequitur

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Failed Imagineer posted:

Thank you for reading this edition of Handsome Men
Going to read that on the train in 40 pt font, and still be a better person than the nonce lady.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I bet if you renamed 'disestablishmentarianism' to 'privatizing the CofE' you could get the tories to support it in an instant, it's pretty funny that one of the few Crown enterprises they haven't scrapped or sold off is the one that allows a bunch of old men to wander around the upper house scuppering all their plans.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

radmonger posted:

I mostly joke, but are there many places in England where anyone could honestly say it was less of a shithole than 20 years ago?
Leicester has a free bus that makes frog noises now! Also there's more pedestrian areas and cycle lanes and a nice plaza.

Also despite the insistence of every curtain twitcher on nextdoor and thisisleicester violent crime is down from 20 years ago, and the streets are cleaner in most places.

Lord of the Llamas posted:

it's baffling to see all these prolier-than-thou takes on a household with two kids that doesn't make that much given the wife doesn't work - likely because of the shitshow that is UK childcare and its associated costs.
It's probably because his solution to the crisis facing him and everyone on less than him is "I should pay less taxes."

Guavanaut fucked around with this message at 12:05 on Mar 6, 2024

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Lord of the Llamas posted:

If we taxed wealth properly then he probably could pay less taxes. Is your proposition that families with young children who are materially worse off than equivalent families 10 years ago and are facing decaying public services and a high interest high inflation economy should be paying more in taxes? Simply because he's baited into saying an ignorant thing by a hack journalist? I didn't realise we only wanted to improve conditions for the purest of true believers.
He could be on £250k a year and come out with something like "I'm worse off than 10 years ago, we should have free childcare, free meals for kids, and vastly increased child benefits, I'd happily pay double in tax for that because I'd still be better off at the end of the month" and I'd think yeah that's fine, or he could be on £15k a year and say "taxes should be lower so I get more" and I'd still think them an idiot.

I don't think he should be eaten by wolves or anything, but I don't think he was baited into anything, he's still in a trickle down economics bubble, which is probably in large part because of how insulated he was up until now.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Sadsack posted:

Police Officers having discretion on when some racisms are fine and when some racisms are naughty is not something anyone wants.
They already do that, that's why she's being charged for describing a white police officer, while people can make poo poo up all day in public about grooming gangs and Albanians and military aged Muslim males without charge.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Speaking of which, it's been over a month since we found out that Charles has arse cancer and nobody itt has said that there's a issue with the King's Counsel.

forkboy84 posted:

The Glasgow Wonka Experience is officially no longer funny

NoneMoreNegative posted:

The fact that every time they'd ban Spice the manufacturers would spin up a new molecule a little further removed from a 'safe' weed analog to some frankenhigh, and you'd never know what version number you were getting :o:
Alan Johnson's clown show ban of mephedrone (riddled with typos, with half the ACMD quitting in disgust, and done with no actual analysis of the harms entirely to appease the media circus) was my top reason for not voting Labour in 2010.

During the 2 year period where mephedrone was legal and readily available, stimulant deaths hit a record low. Then they shot back up as people switched back to cocaine or new far worse legal highs. That oval office has blood on his hands and all because the Sun repeated an obvious hoax about scrotal centipedes and he believed it.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Ah, the Sunday Sport.

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Yeah that's touched on in the video too, just total reactive policies.
It was especially bad because at the time it presented a once in a generation chance to try something different, literally anything other than prohibition. Class D like New Zealand. Restrict sale to pharmacy only. Fines for selling to kids. Anything.

And being Home Secretary he had the powers to contact the police and hospitals to find out if the obvious hoax story was an obvious hoax, and could even have swung that around into an attack on the press printing open lies.

But nope, election year, gotta be tough even if it causes a 50% rise in drug deaths, isn't even spelled right, and then they lose the election anyway.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Tesseraction posted:

Oof the t-shirt is worse

Getting a conversation going around affirmative (or better yet enthusiastic) consent isn't the worst idea, but really that needs to start with getting young people comfortable with open communication first, which means shutting down all the people wittering about inclusive sex ed in schools. Just slamming a law in place without that and when rape conviction rates are abysmal as is will be worse than useless for all the reasons on the last page about drug laws plus more.

I get the feeling that this is more 'publicity stunt' than 'good faith debate about sex and relationship education' though.

DreddyMatt posted:

That argument only works if labour have policies so similar to the Tories that they're at risk of then stealing them

At which point, what's the use in being a separate party?
Rosette colour and which group of griftersdonors get contracts.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Yeah they should be having policies that the Tories can't copy, like proposing actual concrete state investment and public service improvement.

(Instead under Starmer we'll get aerated concrete state investment and public services :v:)

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

I was thinking more like Bad Eel

Pineapple meme ruined by a racist.
Ananas meme ruined by an anus.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Operation Diamond Storm 2: Enduring Peedom

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I too have fancy leather binders for my Hustler magazines and Viz comics that I keep next to my flag and flagpole and John Lewis lamp.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Gort posted:

Such a needless own goal, too. He could have just said "We condemn all violence and call for a ceasefire" and that's what everyone would've expected.
Exactly this. There was zero need for him to stick his dick in a meat grinder when he has no control of the power button, especially when he can't even bring himself to comment on the other major world conflicts. It's probably a mixture of "Jamdad supported peace and went on about East Timor and things people don't care about so I must therefore do the opposite" as with the Black Marxists comment, and factional bullshit related to

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I too have gone off alone and partaken joyously of a hot dog on a Friday.

It's terrible that that kind of thing got coopted by QAnon and fash but I guess that's what can happen when you try to do "John Birch Society but lol"

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
The Left: What a useless oval office :mad:
The Right: What a useless oval office :jerkbag:
Lib Dems: What a useless oval office :swoon:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Microplastics posted:

*me pointing at the developing world's olive groves* oil have some o' that
All in good time for some more wars for oil
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X67helU71pk

I have some of the good soaps and all claims of divinity aside, olive oil and alkali is still a good way to make a bar of soap, they've been doing it for long enough

Probably going to get drone struck by Luke Akehurst now.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Much like calling a copper 'white', you can't just spray 'british' on a woman's statue. Very racist.

Tesseraction posted:

Oh I remember buying some of that. Haven't even used it I just look at it and think about the centuries of history of making it.
Got it from the same place that I got my coffee that lists its country of origin as 'North Yemen' so guess I'm just supporting terrierists now.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I recall she claimed to not know how that worked. It's fine as long as everyone gives enthusiastic consent though, which makes it better than Thatcherism.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

BalloonFish posted:

Seems wrong to give this trivial culture war fantasy more thought than it deserves but, hey

This:

gets to the meat (:dong:) of a key element of conservative thought.

They're not mad because the woke-ists have made it difficult to see giggly blondes with big boobs. Never in human history has it been easier to summon images of boobs, in all their many forms and attached to people of infinite variety.

They're mad that giggly busty white blonde women aren't the default. The norm. The expected and enforced standard of what an attractive woman is. They're mad that their preferences aren't seen as better than everyone elses. And they’re mad that they're not getting social bonus points for having 'normal' tastes.

When women who are muscly or curvy or flat-chested or square-jawed or blue-haired or whatever get promoted as beautiful, conservatives are annoyed because it's a sign that other people's preferences are being given equal standing to their own and that might mean that there aren't objective, correct, natural, inherent ideas of what beauty is (:qqpeters:).

This is what really gets on their nerves and drives so many of their more meaningful actions. They don't just want to win - they want to get patted on the back for being 'normal' and liking 'normal' things.
I agree with this, but I think on top of that there's the troubling aspect of control, both of the social narrative and of other people in private.

Over the course of my life, I've seen sex shops go from seedy dives like that episode of Bottom to brightly lit stores where women can get expertly fitted for lingerie, and porn go from sex offenders with access to a printing press like Hugh Hefner and Richard Desmond to women with advanced degrees in sex and gender studies doing talk shows about consent and relationships like Angela White. And some people are weirdly furious about this.

I guess some of them are misinformed Mary Whitehouse types who think that more sex talk means more sex offenses, when the opposite is true, and some are old men who think that you're not allowed to have a wank in your garden shed now because of the wokes, but in the case of the Spectator, the newspaper of Rod Liddle and Toby Young's "ho ho, I am a paedophile, not really, but imagine if I was, wouldn't that be funny, ho ho" I am deeply suspicious of anything they say about the topic, regardless of who is saying it.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
People in glass houses shouldn't blow loads :hmmyes:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Zalakwe posted:

Porn in general is known to be bad for the brain.

Zalakwe posted:

Edit: It should also be noted that studies have found BDSM practitioners tend to be healthy and well adjusted mentally
I'd imagine that the difference here is that one encourages open communication and the other encourages (or encouraged) garden shed wanking where your wife can't see you, so anything that makes it less individualistic (including the pornographers being less sex perverts and more talk show hosts) is going to be a net benefit there.

I recall the sociologist Humphry Knipe saying similar about people who can't communicate their desires clearly turning to intimidation tactics and therefore more likely to be socially harmful, but thinking on it I can't remember exactly how he phrased that, only that he married erotic photographer Suze Randall, exposed a bunch of shady poo poo at Hefner's Playboy Mansion, and his daughter Holly Randall is famous as a reformer in the industry and sex talk host.

And now I'm sad about twisto's passing because I'm sure he'd have some interesting insight into that web of people.

crispix posted:

i fancy you could have found the hardest 1990s gangster in north america and effin mary would have beaten that gangster into submission in a gently caress off
"Open the register lady, I've got a Mac-10"
"fuckin wat?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

PriorMarcus posted:

So what is it that Keith saw which scared him so much?
The antimatter version of himself

forkboy84 posted:

he did a guest spot on a Kool Keith track last year