Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: OwlFancier, crispix)

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Guavanaut posted:

He's definitely trying but he's bad at it.

Getting exposed as a sex creep is supposed to happen after starting the cult.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
He's going to :qq: about botes again

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
Labour suspending a councillor for not voting in favour of "responsible and legal" cuts to social care and flood defences :thumbsup:

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Chubby Henparty posted:

Been hassling Lenovo today, they make lovely laptops that will spontaneously bust out of their bezels and shatter the screen 6 months out of warranty. There's a bunch of angry amazon reviews issued at exactly the same time with exactly the same issue. Asked 'I am explicitly aware that this is out of warranty but since you' ve clearly issued a defective product how about doing something about it?' ' hmm we've checked and it appears you're out of warranty? sorry'.

You can't prove that metal hinges screwed directly into plastic is a terrible design and cost cutting measure that increases profits by 7p :smug:

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Lady Gaza posted:

Unrelated, but you can now get covid vaccines privately. I’d booked through pharmadoctor for April but then found a clinic in Fleet Street with appointments sooner - getting the Pfizer jab on Tuesday.

I decided to splurge £95 for the deluxe mRNA vaccine, rather than £45 for the novovax protein vaccine, which the pharmadoctor pharmacy were offering.

It’s been almost 3 years since my first dose, I forget when my second was, so am glad to finally be getting some protection. With kids at nursery/school I’ve been constantly getting sick.

It's great that not dying of covid is something you have to pay for :britain:

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
Lineker :argh:

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

big scary monsters posted:

Say what you like about global nuclear war, it would probably make for some fantastic sunsets.

Unless the bombs and resultant firestorms lift dust so high into the atmosphere it blots out the sun for a decade.
Not much change in the uk though.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
Could just quote the entire article. Most sane housing market :shepface:
Councils now sell off more houses than they build. Thatcher’s legacy, right to buy, is a failure

quote:

the few local authorities that have been building significant amounts of new social housing in recent years have been forced by right to buy to sell off more homes than they can build. Seven of Norwich’s newest council homes are already in the process of being sold off, fewer than five years after they were completed.
Other authorities have created subsidiary companies which can be used to rent out homes while remaining exempt from right to buy.

quote:

Despite right to buy being so destructive to public finances that it has been abolished in Scotland and Wales, Labour has announced it will keep Thatcher’s policy if it wins the next general election.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
It will be terfs insisting police investigate people who call them 'cis' or 'thick as pigshit'

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

josh04 posted:

Pretty sure agile can only be failed.

:hmmyes:

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Tai posted:

Yeah NHS is pretty popular tbh. Not met anyone I think ever who has wanted it sold off.

You haven't met the people that matter, MPs and the people they want to sell it off to.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

crispix posted:

and passing laws like mandatory beatings for the homeless, knowing that the labour party won't roll them back lest even one bloke with finger tattoos in a flat roof pub say they're big softies

Keith will set up an extensive network of shelters 24/7 courts to deal with the homeless.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Grey Hunter posted:

Man, that's a Sullen Suella.

"No Suella, you can't press the drone-strike button"

In normal country news

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

mrpwase posted:

Bottom right: Lib Dems winning here!

Oh boo it's the Netherlands

Nick Clegg speaks Dutch :tinfoil:

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
Pharmadoctor do them via various pharmacies, if you can afford the 'not dying of covid' tax.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
Labour got the guardian to print unsubtantiated bullsh- wait it's just Wes Streeting.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
:cripes:

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Tesseraction posted:

it's time for violins.

Now I'm not sure if this is autocorrect striking again or the thread meme!

Seems apt for the UK

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

"The sex offender who owes $500million+ and is standing trial right now? We are very similar"

178: the number of indictments trump will amass before he's finally stopped.

sinky fucked around with this message at 11:59 on Apr 16, 2024

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Rarity posted:

Calling the IKs on everyone in this thread who doesn't recognise our lord and saviour T Swift
A billionaire cannot be good :colbert:

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
Mark Menzies, trade envoy to Colombia you say? :allears:

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
Brussels proposes free movement deal for UK’s 18- to 30-year-olds

Will starmer shoot himself directly in the dick and balls and come out against this for fear of offending people who will never vote labour?

quote:

The European Commission has proposed opening negotiations with the UK to allow free movement enjoyed before Brexit to millions of 18 to 30 year olds in a major post Brexit concession.

It said it will now seek approval from individual EU leaders to start the talks which will see one of the most controversial elements of Brexit, a block on the right to live in each others countries visa free, partially eliminated.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
Seeing brexit voters fume about not being able to buy their spanish holiday home while the youth get freedom of movement would be very funny.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

josh04 posted:

Trusshroom

Not enjoying this Jeff Vandermeer novel tbh

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

sinky posted:

Brussels proposes free movement deal for UK’s 18- to 30-year-olds

Will starmer shoot himself directly in the dick and balls and come out against this for fear of offending people who will never vote labour?

:blastu:
"Labour has no plans for a youth mobility scheme"

guardian

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Only read on this blog but the sources are published, Cass backpedalling furiously as their name turns to poo poo in the eyes of the world and discovers they are now best buds with transphobes and bigots*

https://www.erininthemorning.com/p/dr-cass-backpedals-from-review-hrt

has anyone said "Dr rear end" yet

e: maybe she'll follow the same route as Wakefield and gently caress off the US and spew her shite there, seems Florida will welcome her.

sinky fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Apr 21, 2024

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

OwlFancier posted:

I don't think sunak actually has any authority

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
The guardian has an article about reactions to the youth mobility thing.

British youth: We'd loving love to escape the uk
EU youth: Uh, no thanks

also
:lol:

quote:

Goldsmith, who is 85 and lives in London, said: “I feel even more betrayed by Labour on this.
“I’ve voted Labour all my life and I keep having to persuade myself that Starmer is playing the long game and trying to form the next government before he can take a position on it.

:lmao: :smith:

quote:

“Dynamic young European people are lucky as they have the whole of Europe to roam around. We’re confined to this little island.”

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Mebh posted:

The solution as it turns out was to steal my tattoo artist's whippet, who runs at approximately 500 degrees and demands cuddles. I didn't need covers. Yay.

Doggos are awesome.

That might be a tiger

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

She's from that crazed bunch that claimed Jewish patients were upset seeing Palestinian children's decorated plates on the hospital walls & had them removed.

Oh look, the same cunts are currently going after murals of Palestinian children, doctors & journalists murdered in Gaza.

Naturally the councils are happy to remove them as anything that depicts Palestinians in a positive light is anti-Semitism.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
Turning into the Gestapo as part of a local election campaign

Home Office to detain asylum seekers across UK in shock Rwanda operation

quote:

Officials plan to hold refugees who turn up for routine meetings at immigration service offices and will also pick people up nationwide in a two-week exercise.
It is thought the launch of the operation has been timed to coincide with Thursday’s local council elections in England, to boost Rishi Sunak’s claims he is cracking down on illegal migration

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
so long Greens! i rev up my political career and create a huge cloud of smoke. when the cloud dissipates im lying completely dead on the pavement

Apparently 'Truss' is synonymous with 'massive financial gently caress up' now

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I watch stuff on a big TV with my wife.

(Please don't try to explain to me what a plex server is)

Plex? You simply

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

TACD posted:

Yeah this is part of why I never fully got into running a media server. I just download a film and double-click it in Explorer 🤷🏻

:same:
Any media server is more effort to use than the pc connected to my tv.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

big scary monsters posted:

Going to need to see Lee's own doorstep before I can pass final judgement.

Weird way of saying 'take a big poo poo'

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

fuctifino posted:

It's a fallow year for my ward, so I only have a PCC candidate to vote for out of a selection of Tory, LD or Labour. It's also raining outside. I'm probably not going to cast my vote.

There are very clear differences between the Tories, the Piss Tories and the Piss Tories With Blood In It

e:
:monocle:

quote:

Labour is facing criticism over plans for a loophole that would allow employees to work under zero-hours contracts, despite the party having pledged to ban them entirely.
x

sinky fucked around with this message at 10:59 on May 2, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
Libdems give tories another year in government in exchange for more dog litter bins.