Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: OwlFancier, crispix)

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

Apraxin posted:

lmao, can't alloway the galloway

local independent was second on 6k, three main parties between them barely added up to 8k

im late but this has been making me laugh for genuine hours, nothing but respect for the ultimate grift king

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

this means that rochdale will be a very funny place to watch during the GE, if nothing else.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

forkboy84 posted:

Our PM is giving a speech outside Downing Street at 5:30. People seem to expect he's going to cry about the big mean public bullying our smol bean MPs & now he's going to have to bring in some draconian New Labour-esque anti-protest laws.

Well, he's certainly not calling a general election.

hearing reports he's going to appoint galloway as his deputy PM as a show of unity.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

this is one of the weakest pm speeches ever lol, he's not going to make it to the general

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

EvilHawk posted:

Why the gently caress did he make that speech on a Friday evening? Announcing nothing (the protest stuff was talked about earlier this week)?

Just another weird thing from our tiny PM

he's terrified of how overshadowed he is.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

EvilHawk posted:

So what the gently caress was wrong with the Lib Dem candidate?

the national image of the lib dems couldn't be worse, they only exist as a collection of a few local focused candidates these days

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

there's something deeply grim about all this going on about "political violence" from the lot that completely handwaved an MP getting murdered during an election

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

by far the funniest result in the next GE would be a hung parilment but knowing labour they would enter coalition with the tories.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

on one hand, i would like 75 grand

otoh, everything in this country is insanely hollowed out and gutted, it's loving shite living here even if you're doing alright.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

i often joke that we are hungary with nukes but hungary actually gets the benefit of EU subsidies while doing as much racist poo poo as possible lol

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

I'm leaving this country as soon as our decrepid passport office gets around to sending me mine.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

they are going to kill her before they deploy covid 20 to trap us in our 15 minute cities

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

they're probably holding back the death news until after the oscars newscycle, it would be very shameful for the palace to be gazumped by news about barbie winning 14 oscars

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

she's so dead

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Jakabite posted:

PALACE: We regret to inform the nation that Lady Catherine, Princess of Wales, has joined Hamas

i can't believe jeremy corbyn did this

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

kingturnip posted:

It is getting hard to tell who in this thread is still engaging with the 'Kate is dead' conspiracy for the ironic lols and who's genuinely invested.

im always genuinely invested in dead royals

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

can't imagine how you're feeling right now smellmycheese.

hope things work out for you, seconding all the advice to speak to the police to cover yourself at a minimum

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

my favorite thing about gambling in this country now is that if you're signed up to any gambling website with your phone number, they'll sell the data to shady sites that advertise "no gambstop" as a selling point.

it's grim

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Rarity posted:

SHE HIT THE FLOOR

NEXT THING YOU KNOW

SHE WAS GETTING LOW LOW LOW LOW LOW LOW LOWWWWWWWWWW

the queen when she finally croaked:

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Vitamin P posted:

Does the political plan of Not Voting Labour extend anywhere beyond that? Owen Jones communicated something approaching a plan but his take was still pretty weak.

I genuinely think the entire project of the UK left now should be Proportional Representation, ally with the Greens, Reform, whoever is also getting hosed by FPTP. Feels like an open door right now and it's the only way lefties can actually achieve meaningful change. Raging about how the Labour Party is not a useful vehicle anymore is like, yeah no poo poo? so why make them the focus at all.

the greens and lib dems don't runs my consituency, so for me it's basically just voting for any decent seeming independants.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

also i just went on a dive to find out the last tory to win my constiuency was... Harold Macmillan lol

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Vitamin P posted:

That's cool, throw your vote away on an independent that will lose. But in the meantime maybe put time into pushing the open door of electoral reform so your next vote might actually matter.

how about you make a vote that gets you some bitches

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

its funny, living in an area with more violent crime than even the roughest london boroughs and I still wouldn't shy away from wearing jewlery and wearing a watch, the hysteria is so embarassing.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

smellmycheese posted:

Chain probe. Set your alarm for every 6 hours like the FYAD oddballs do

if the mods make me IK, I will do this.

my sleep is bad enough it'd actually be pretty normal

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

he was a massive oval office and he was rightfully threadbanned.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

keep punching joe posted:

Tories will pull some sort of scheme where they just prorogue parliament indefinitely and never have to call another election.

would probably be an improvement over the last 30 years tbh

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Tesseraction posted:

I'm not sure having the dregs of the worst political party in Westminster in charge indefinitely is an improvement.

agreed, the last 316 years have been terrible for this country.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Dabir posted:

Ah cool, we're back at the "Ukraine should lay down their arms and surrender to Russia because killing Russians is what the Great Satan America wants" stage of the discussion

seems to me like people were saying that if continuing the war is so popular in ukraine they shouldn't need to be deporting people who fled the war back to the country to fight in it?

ukraine's goverment ultimately gets to decide if they surrender or not but ukraine can't hold elections due to the state of emergency, so it's not like they have any say in any of this.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

during one of my college courses they showed "I, Daniel Blake" and it genuinely made me feel ill.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

not the only donkeys ive seen at polling stations wearing rosettes.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Nuclear Spoon posted:

interesting there's no exit poll for the local elections - like turning on a lower league match and there's no VAR

much like var, the exit polls steal the joy of seeing the results pop up live.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

now that fox has revealed himself to be a sex offender as well as a complete conspiracy theorist he's probably going to win

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

showing a press card should disenfrachise you, if anything.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

lol

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

not sure they want another winter to go by, they'll probably lose another 10% of their voters to natural causes

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

i know labour are polling really well but they literally don't have any policies right? I know they have the fake rail nationalisation one but do they have a single other position even?

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Gonzo McFee posted:

Are the Azov Battalion still Neo Nazis?

they're woke now actually

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

smellmycheese posted:

It’s gonna get even darker once Trump turns off NATO and we have to start sending Gen Z into the meat grinder for a Euro ground war lol

born too late to explore the world, too early to explore space

born just in time to die fighting putler over estonia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

its crazy how antisemitism has become a genuinely meaningless word now