Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: OwlFancier, crispix)

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Tai posted:

gently caress sake Rochdale

I am not going to be overly upset about Rochdale electing someone on a platform that Israel is a monstrous genocidal state and both Tories and Labour are complicit in their crimes.

I wish that person wasn't George loving Galloway, but here we are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

https://twitter.com/jeremycorbyn/status/1764666740917575973?s=20

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Mum's just popped round, giving her the latest Kate news off twitter. Her eyes popped out of her head when I explained "pegging" to her.

The... uh.. what's going on with Kate?

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

HidaO-Win posted:

Total Hypothetical: If Kate is dead and murdered by William and it gets found out, William is sent to prison. Charles dies. George becomes king, but he’s ten, so you have to put in a regent. Who is it?

Does it go to Harry or does it skip Harry and go to Andrew. These are the real questions we should be mulling over.

It's Harry by law.

If he says no, it's Andrew. In which case, lol.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

BastardySkull posted:

Why does William going to prison stop him from becoming the King upon Charles' death? Genuine question.

edit: all hail the Prison King

He can't be detained at his own pleasure.

seriousanswer, at that point he'd be wrecking the entire monarchy and would be made to abdicate

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

William has also just said he's not going to release the unedited photo he took, for reasons.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Entertainment-wise this is the best value for money these parasites have been for years and I hope they continue releasing bizarre photos for weeks to come.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

ChickenDoodle posted:

Sorry to trouble you all, but I could use the help of those of you in England.

My uncle died last year in Manchester. I live in Vancouver, Canada with my mum. We finally got approval from the solicitor (long story) to bring the family violin over, which is over 100 years old.

Does anyone know of a reputable instrument shipping company we can use from England to Canada? We can’t get over there at the moment ourselves.

Is it too simple to just buy a return ticket for a friend to do a round trip and come back with the instrument as unchecked cabin luggage? I wouldn't trust a shipping company with it.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

fuctifino posted:

:siren: KATE IS ALIVE! :siren:

(but everyone forgot to take a photo)

Kate Middleton?! At this time of year, at this time of day, in this part of the country, localized entirely within this farm shop!? May we see her?

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Just been sent seat-filler pleas for David Baddiel's musical about himself.

No thanks and lol that doesn't bode well for ticket sales.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Pistol_Pete posted:

Coming soon, an article about how his brilliant musical was cancelled by the anti-Semitic left!

quote:

"[Baddiel] tells stories of the dark, terrible and hysterically absurd cyber-paths that interacting with internet trolls has led him down. Come with him on this comedy journey into our culture’s most dank virtual underground.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Apparently Laurence Fox has been cut off by the sugar daddy who's been bankrolling his legal disasters. Juuuuust before he has to pay a six-figure libel damages sum.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

fuctifino posted:

GBeebies biggest financial backer is pulling out :toot:

This man looks like an evil David Lynch.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

e: ignore

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

https://x.com/johncusack/status/1779427326620467443

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Rarity posted:

If you're talking 21st century British artists with most worldwide cultural relevance then you're stuck with Ed Sheeran and Adele boyo

Harry Styles is huge internationally.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Look, if our sex pest journos are resisting the urge to molest everyone around them and instead finding a consenting sex worker I call it progress.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

I know after everything that's happened I should be used to it, but seeing a fabulously rich man cutting the already cruelly small amounts that ill people have to survive on makes me want to vomit blood.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Apraxin posted:

blah blah unique generational trauma, blah blah you've cut mental health services to the bone blah blah. no, the real problem here is the loving WOKE DOCTORS!!!!!!!

"More than 10% of people"

Wonderful clear copy there. What is it? 11%? 25%? 50%? I guess we may never know.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

OwlFancier posted:

Lol at the idea that london is basically the opening scene of demolition man.

I feel like that crazy London is hell on earth stuff doesn't really work in a London mayoral campaign where voters have everyday experience of London.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

The_Doctor posted:

I assume the Fox family sit on a big pile of money, so he’s never going to be destitute.

true, but generally these families do not appreciate hundreds of thousands of pounds of their fortune being burnt through for literally no reason

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Wes' brain rebooting in shock at not being the biggest oval office in the room.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

gently caress it, voted Binface.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

fluppet posted:

And that's someone who knows how to work social media
https://youtu.be/Xc-KA1zxKws

I still have a sneaking suspicion that Binface is Digitiser's Paul Rose.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

I did laugh that Laurence Fox did indeed crawl onto the ballot... for a London assembly seat, under no party, relegated to the also-rans at the very bottom of the voting slip.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Pistol_Pete posted:

I'd love to know what persuaded Sunak to go down this route rather than running on a competent, moderate, only-a-little-bit-Tory platform which I think would have been much more successful for them.

Their insane membership and scumbag MPs make being a moderate Tory leader now effectively impossible.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Huh, thanks to this chat I just checked my Student Loan balance and it's -£2000.

Last time I looked in January it was £600 owed. How the heck did that happen? Guess I'll get on them for a repayment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

If I were Sunak I'd simply start parachuting my worst MPs into Labour so they can cause havoc there and ruin Starmer's reputation.