Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: OwlFancier, crispix)

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
is being an MP for three different parties a record?

e: or four different constituencies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

WhatEvil posted:

The fixed term parliaments act and anything like it is just meaningless anyway. An act of parliament cannot bind a future parliament. They can just say "The [blank] act notwithstanding, we do the thing the [blank] act says we couldn't do", with a simple majority.

So even if you have an act that says "You need a 2/3rds majority to do [thing]", you can just have a simple majority vote to say that doesn't count anymore.

while this is true, there are enough traditionalists in the Tory party that they'd vote against Rishi trying to make himself dictator for life

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

keep punching joe posted:

Watching that Adam Curtis / Martin Sheen drama 'The Way' and gotta say, it's pretty terrible.

I do like The Welsh Catcher though, driving around border towns with a big zoo cage full of Welsh people on the bed of his truck.

is this what President Bartlet ends up doing

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Galloway is a dickhead but I can't deny that I find watching him run rings round the kind of decorum-brained journos who think "don't you respect the Prime Minister" is some sort of gotcha question highly entertaining

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

big scary monsters posted:

To be fair I would also like to see this.

something like 18% would work for me, with some adjustments dependent on height

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
if only there was a way to mock someone in a "I'm literally a zionist shitload" t-shirt without resorting to fatshaming

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
if he wins Mid-Sussex he might finally get to live in a country house

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Microplastics posted:

More like poo poo material!!!

no that’s the rivers

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Jakabite posted:

Also who the gently caress has green beans with sausage and chips

that’s mangetout

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
sausage and chips is great when the sausages aren’t sticks of loving charcoal

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Microplastics posted:

What is it with posh twats and decorating biscuits

"I haven't iced this many biscuits since I was at Eton"

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Bozza posted:

finally thank gently caress

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-68576448

more in the link but its mostly the absolute highway robbers at McGills moaning about how they are gonna sue SPT

gonna use public money to get it back to an acceptable level of service and then sell it back off as soon as it’s profitable again

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Nuclear Spoon posted:

oh speaking of travel - i have booked myself a short trip to napoli in may on the cheapest ryanair flight available. how stringent do they tend to be about bag sizes

I was on a Ryanair flight on Sunday from Birmingham and at no point did anyone check to see if my backpack was within the size limit (it is)

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
I would vote for a million no-hoper independents before I even considered voting loving Reform

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
when did St Ives secede from Cornwall

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
I wish to learn the ways of passive income and social media from someone who looks dead inside

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Mega Comrade posted:

Ha ha ha oh wow. Didn't think the graun went in for that kind of yellow peril nonsense.

I thought it was the Thames water that was yellow and perilous

e: and also the Lib Dems

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Beefeater1980 posted:

* Increase public spending (people here tend to talk as if the Blair government cut spending: it actually rose from about £400m in 1997 to about £750M in 2013 in real terms, i.e. after inflation, then very slowly fell until 2018 or so).

Rachel Reeves has already said that public spending won’t increase.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Nuclear Spoon posted:

i do intend to tell as many people as possible how much i hate wes streeting

hopefully including Wes Streeting

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
how is a government going to force privately-owned banks to stop shutting branches?

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
lovely sealioning and drawing ridiculous comparisons to Corbyn, it's like the bad old days of Pissflaps

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
which is more antisemitic, watermelon or octopuses

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
I didn't realise Boris was an anti-monarchist

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Conservatism can never fail, it can only be failed.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

mediaphage posted:

well labour was basically pro-brexit at the time so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

no matter how many idiot trolls we threadban they just keep coming

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

forkboy84 posted:

Of all the many offensive things in this image, the "Radically pragmatic" logo makes my eye twitch

At least they had the good taste not to host it on May 1st

no surprise that Zarah Sultana, one of the very few actually progressive MPs, won't go near this poo poo.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
voted Green for WM mayor, our perennial local TUSC candidate for council in the hope that he can keep his deposit, and our PCC was literally just between Labour and Tories so I wrote “no thanks” across the paper

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
I don't know if I'm more worried for Italy or North Macedonia.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
I feel like Israel are hoping for a Ukraine-like runaway victory and they’re in for a very rude awakening

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Venn Men Venn Men Venn Venn Venn Men Men

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

smellmycheese posted:

On an entirely different track of outrage - Lembit “Cheeky Girls” Opek has been whining for a whole day about perceived “sex acts” in the UK performance

Lembit needs a dictionary if he thinks something can be both “inferred” and “explicit” at the same time