Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What will FFVIIRemake part 3 be called?
This poll is closed.
Return 9 9.38%
Revolutions 7 7.29%
Rescind 1 1.04%
Rental property 23 23.96%
Restoration 3 3.13%
Rebar 14 14.58%
Renegade 3 3.13%
Red XIII's party hour 36 37.50%
Total: 96 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

https://twitter.com/MatPiscatella/status/1765037388437520778?t=I5iMQKxXCu4Q_3u0MgAnlg&s=19

Suicide Squad was a disappointment to WB, and they're learning from this by investing in....let's see my notes here...more live service games.

They published the best selling game of last year (Hogwarts) that is still in last month's top 10 best sellers that has no live service elements. Time to make live service Harry Potter? Like what's the plan? Make Hogwarts Legacy 2 but only release the 2nd half of the game every two months spread out over two years? And charge for cosmetics?

I guess Hogwarts Legacy was already there pretty much. The game had loving randomized loot / gear score, scaling damage sponge enemies, and the same floating spiky bullshit aesthetic in any original architecture and art designed for the game and the rest was just lifted wholesale from the movies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Although piracy cases remain rare, the crime and charges relating to it are very serious. Contact a criminal defense attorney to learn more about piracy laws. If you're facing a piracy charge, it's important to seek the assistance of criminal defense lawyers experienced with this aspect of criminal law.

Criminal procedure can be hard to navigate when it comes to this offense. And federal criminal charges related to piracy can be very severe. Such criminal charges take the shape of felonies that can tarnish a criminal record in debilitating ways. Piracy charges can also lead to life in prison.

Attorneys can help with your defense strategy. They can help you get the best possible outcome for the charges you may be facing. Their legal representation could prevent the most severe of consequences for piracy.

Chat GPT, make me a game that is better than the Nintendo game that rhymes with Kears of the Tingdom. Boom, AI solves piracy.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Heran Bago posted:

They're just not great contract writers. Recent example they did a Woke Lex Luther in the Suicide Squad disaster, pissing off both the incels and seriousl DC fans. But I repeat myself. Or maybe it's intentional and they write out of genius hate for publishers and gamers.

You have an actual writing credit on this specific passage (which I think is absolutely something lex Luthor would think, the guy twists heroes into villains in his own mind all day, that's his superpower) or are you just too far down the rabbit hole?

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Heran Bago posted:

I don't think Lex would be praising the Amazons about solving toxic masculinity.

I do.

Now cite the writing credit.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

I think it'd be cooler if the ff7 remake was headed by non-ff7 people. Kinda like how movie remakes work

The FF7Re series is so much more interesting as this remake/sequel/metatextual commentary on itself, canon, and creators. It would be really hard for anyone else to create this sort of layered object.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

lol I love this trend

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
John Noble to narrate a 9 minute video on the lore of Stellar Blade.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
A story trailer for the Marvel game that Amy Hennig is making at Skydance New Media was dropped at GDC as part of the state of Unreal panel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lb2wwEx6DVw

The performance capture is so good that I feel like I can say freely that this Cap performance completely misses the mark.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

love to see a developer so in touch with recent Marvel characters and stories using Black Panther's iconic line ---- "For Wakanda"

Does using Wakanda Forever mean they have to fork over 26% royalties instead of 25% to use the Marvel license? I wouldn't put it out of the realm of possibility.