Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What will FFVIIRemake part 3 be called?
This poll is closed.
Return 9 9.38%
Revolutions 7 7.29%
Rescind 1 1.04%
Rental property 23 23.96%
Restoration 3 3.13%
Rebar 14 14.58%
Renegade 3 3.13%
Red XIII's party hour 36 37.50%
Total: 96 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Holy poo poo, there’s a rumored Gravity Rush 2 remaster in the works. I never imagined Sony would bother with it after the abysmal sales of the stuff like Sackboy on PC. It’s not a fantastic game, but it’s a world I loved just chilling in. That and diving off skyscrapers.

Apparently the online scavenger hunts are gone, which is a pity, but whatever I didn’t think we’d be getting anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

haveblue posted:

Presumably if it gets remastered that will come back (not necessarily if you fired up the original though)

no unfortunately that was from the leak's source. no more online elements, and new ways to get the associated rewards.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

I think the release of the very performant native code update to yuzu on android may have been what pushed them to act

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

https://x.com/Wario64/status/1764746711111733708?s=20

in lighter news, lmao Skull and Bones is already selling for 45 bucks

I’m a bit worried about Ubisoft, they haven’t had much of a hit since Valhalla. And they employ thousands.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Fajita Queen posted:

The halo soundtrack guy is running for congress lol

Had no idea he was mega maga

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Nice but no discount?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

i mean from what i understand, boba only got caught because she was sloppy with her VPN.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

I’ve only ever seen RWBY mentioned as a butt of a joke.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Infinity Gaia posted:

Going by the curator numbers it's slightly more than a handful, I think it's up to over 200k members? Still not a gigantic number or anything, definitely a small amount when you consider online presence as a whole, but more than a handful, I'd say.

what do you mean by curator numbers?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

I haven’t played a soul game yet, but what made me want to eventually try out Elden Ring were screenshots of the game’s locations. Some gorgeous landscapes and architecture.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

People spend money on them for some reason

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Diamond in the rough Deus Ex - Mankind Divided is free on Epic this week.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

homeless snail posted:

personally I think mage and sorcerer in DD is boring bullshit. DD has really good combat but magic classes don't get to participate in it, it's mostly just holding down a button until you can see the animation. currently setting up a magic archer and doing the awful slog of getting the mage and sorcerer damage augments and it's kinda miserable

here's the secret no one tells you. making your pawn a sorcerer is just as good because you still get to see the animations but also get to actually play the game

i feel like i've missed out on a big part of the game by only playing MA related vocations (though i dipped into some others for augments), so i'm thinking i might go fighter when i eventually get DD2

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

homeless snail posted:

MA is fun at least, provided youre playing with daggers and not staves because the dagger moveset is really good. I think all the vocations in DD are good its just that playing a hard spellcaster is intensely boring in a way that I hope DD2 rectifies

i think i'm majorly over leveled anyway so it's not that important, but i'm not sure how to balance my magick and strength since i'm taking advantage of both the bow and dagger

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

I don’t know why more devs don’t add gif export functions to their games. It’s ~free marketing~

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

On a related note, it was painful realizing that I had no use for Miles Morales' photo mode after the original Spider-Man had one of my favorite photo modes because I can't post them on Twitter anymore, so what's the fuckin point

I don't care about my Playstation friend feed

It’s an extra step (or two), but it’s not like you can’t share those shots anymore.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

I either sent a message with an image attached and downloaded it from the website or app (it might not work on the website anymore, not sure, haven’t used a PlayStation in a while), or just copied the images onto a USB drive.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Cool that someone made this happen.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Infinity Gaia posted:

I don't get why devs keep doing this poo poo when 99.9% of gamers won't notice the difference between that and a canned crowd animation.

in DD2 the breadth of the simulation seems to be a pillar of the game's design, not just something that looks pretty

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Snake Maze posted:

I haven't been following Dagon's Drogma 2, are there any big features it's doing that the npcs couldn't do in 1, or is it just the usual thing where software developers' ability to use resources is unbounded.

i've been trying to avoid seeing too many specifics before i get my hands on it, but yeah it does seem track more things and is more reactive than DD1

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Kerrzhe posted:

i don't have a beef PC but i also don't mind turning down all graphics settings to minimum and making it look like the first game if i have to

the problem is that CPU bottlenecks often aren't easily scalable that way

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

i thought at least dlc would be a surefire bet

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

homeless snail posted:

just about to finish up this run of dd1, with the wiki loaded up the whole time of course because I've been here before, thinking about that quest near the end of it where the two knights are having a duel and one of the uncommunicated solutions to that quest is to kill one of the knights and then use a wakestone to revive him so he can go to jail, and imagining the guy that really wants that to happen but doesn't have a wakestone and angrily gets out his credit card

Lmao. Just did that quest, I knew there had to be an alternative, but I didn’t want to interfere. I love how clever DD can be, but I hope DD2 goes about it just a tad bit less opaquely. Like it’s really easy to overlook how much pawns pick up from you, because the behavior changes can be subtle, and it’s natural to assume that they’re programmed to be dumbasses rather than this arising from imitating you.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

I’ve made my peace with those sort of mtx. As long as it’s believable that their inclusion didn’t affect the balancing of the game.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

woah you can map the DualSense mic button to whatever on Steam

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Diablo iv releases tomorrow on game pass. Have the updates meaningfully improved it?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

are the controller controls decent?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

EA games have incredible price depreciation.

NFS Unbound came out just over a year ago. Like they didn't get the memo that the goldrush era Steam sales were supposedly bad business.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Marvel a la Overwatch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DA4iVv4MARE

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Take Two is buying Gearbox from Embracer for half a billion

https://embracer.com/releases/embra...e-software-inc/

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Layoffs at UK SEGA studios, and they’re letting Relic go independent.

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/sega-sells-relic-and-will-cut-240-jobs-across-uk-studios

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

animation borrowing really isn't that uncommon between games from the same publisher.

i'm curious what artwork was reused.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

I’ve been playing it on Steam recently and haven’t encountered any bugs yet, I don’t think. Runs very well for how good it looks too.