Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What will FFVIIRemake part 3 be called?
This poll is closed.
Return 9 9.38%
Revolutions 7 7.29%
Rescind 1 1.04%
Rental property 23 23.96%
Restoration 3 3.13%
Rebar 14 14.58%
Renegade 3 3.13%
Red XIII's party hour 36 37.50%
Total: 96 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

let's call our new paranormal-investigation squad FEAR (i.e. First Encounter Assault Recon), i'm sure that'll work out ok

It's like naming your arctic exploration vessel Erebus or Terror. Ridiculous

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

People talking about consuming media is gross. Consumption implies a means to an end, the experience of art should be an end to itself. One should not talk about consuming Deus Ex, Dr.Strangelove, or Wuthering Heights anymore than one should talk of consuming a Three Star Michelin Meal; consumption should be left for the useful but unstimulating and bland things like protein shakes.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Chris didn't have a full picture of Miranda's powers and thought she might have infected Ethan the way Eveline did and so took him into custody to find out before letting him know anything.

The Connections didn't create the perfect vessel for Miranda's daughter, Rose is perfect because she's half mold half human. That said the connection is no slouch at genetic engineering compared to Miranda. It was founded by Brandon Bailey James Marcus's prorogé and the former head of Umbrella's Africa lab. He is likely the single greatest virologist/genetic engineer left in the setting after Wesker, Birkin, Marcus, and Alexia's death.

It's unstated but it's likely Chris put the Winters' in Miranda's path intentionally to draw her out.

You might have also missed that it was Heisenberg that called in the BSAA. And his failed coup with the Soldats is likely why the BSAA were using the Blue Umbrella developed BOW's for the raid. They were going to essentially help Heisenberg supplant Miranda in the area in exchange for her research into the mold and to further cover up that it was the BSAA who allowed Eveline to escape from Europe in the first place.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Is there one that lets me play during the Butlerian Jihad and kill all the machines

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I'm pretty sure I killed half those dudes in PE2

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Hate this

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I'm honestly surprised he was so young.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I assume anything labeled consulting is a grift to reward friends, family, or anyone else in your circle after outright patronage and bribes became too gauche for the middling classes.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Shinjobi posted:

Been pluckin away at Persona 2: Innocent Sin before bed each night. Nifty concept with rumors and all of that, but still waiting for it to really set its hooks in me. It's a bit clunky.

EDIT: Is Eternal Punishment an upgrade on the system in any way?

It's more difficult. Other than that it's very much 1.5 to IS's 1

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Any good Space Opera flavor games around nowadays. No Starfield or NMS. Looking for real poo poo

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Thanks for the Rec's but not seeing anything I'm interested in. Not interested in RTS, all the 4X space games have massive flaws, and space fighter sims don't do it for me. :(

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Ended up remembering I own Chaos Galaxy and have never played it before. It's an indie GSG inspired by Romance of the Three Kingdoms with combat lifted from SRW. Pretty cool so far.

There was a Chinese Inspired Galactic Empire that had to wage an all out war with alien invaders, the repelled them but the empire was weakened enough that one of their vassals rebelled and formed a shogunate. This war crippled the empire even more and their victory was entirely pyrric. The remnants of the shogunate have formed pirate groups secretly funded by the large business consortiums to weaken the empire further. The armies of the empire are largely independent and are vying for either favor from the court, or to supplant it. The mysterious technologically advanced civilization at the edge of space has accidentally created a rogue ai that threatens everyone. Groups of disaffected veterans are being gathered around mercenary leaders hoping to carve out their own fiefdoms on the wreckage of the empire. And a mysterious cult calling themselves Dune followers seems to be ready to partake in some jihad.
And the Aliens might be coming back.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Dragons are always involved but you don't see a ton of them until endgame or late game usually. Like DQ1's final boss is a Dragon. VIII has them in a minor role in the game and are the entirety of the post game.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Found the GOTY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovC4f3ioIJU

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

VI is going to be a massive success. There is no scenario where it isn't

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

They do that and they'll have half the team they need for Red Dead 3

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Spyro and Crash 2 had both already started the mini game train rolling. Jak and Ratchet also are pretty like that but the mini games are better integrated with the core gameplay. Spyro 3 is the worst of them though, at least Crash 3's mini games were mostly fun

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

What is Armond Whites opinion on games?

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Crazy we already have a Balatro like with Bingle Bingle

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

It's as old as the medium. They ain't stopping now

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Bfme2-rotwk would own

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Shard posted:

jesus are there any good game news sites these days?

No

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Hell yeah

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Evil Genius 2 is 95% off on Steam. What happened there?

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

DQXI has some rideable Bee/Wasp monsters

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

You go back to Tony Hawk and all you realize is that your loving trash at it now. Jesus, couldn't even clear Barcelona classic in THUG2

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Do they ever explain why he's so mad?

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Waffle house is probably down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Not sure if I'm super vibing with Alpha Protocol. Still in Saudi and it's fine, but the stealth seems nonexistent, gunplay feels real off, I've had one conversation during a mission, it just feels super awkward

The action gameplay in AP is terrible. It's the reactivity and the story that carry it. Both of which go much harder after the intro