Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What will FFVIIRemake part 3 be called?
This poll is closed.
Return 9 9.38%
Revolutions 7 7.29%
Rescind 1 1.04%
Rental property 23 23.96%
Restoration 3 3.13%
Rebar 14 14.58%
Renegade 3 3.13%
Red XIII's party hour 36 37.50%
Total: 96 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Can we not do a chat thread this month? I'm trying to catch up on my chat thread backlog..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

VideoGames posted:

You will miss out on this chat thread's DLC roadmap if we do.

I bought the 2024 Chat Thread Battle Chest, so all the DLC will just get added to my stash, but I'll probably just end up trashing the March thread for crafting materials anyway.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

ZCKaiser posted:

Is Warch to March as Wario is to Mario?

Wario is the bad version of Rio. I think that's how it works, anyway.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I think someone left this thread open too long and it's glitching out, someone should power cycle it.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Edit: Whoops, old trailer that I thought was new, nevermind.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I have the opposite question: is it as cheap and flimsy as it looks?

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Nintendo sucks rear end, but isn't Yuzu open source?

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

That's what AI thinks gamers look like.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I said come in! posted:

Yeah i'm not really sure why such a company is necessary. The game industry is really telling on itself judging by the list of game devs that have worked with Sweet Baby (its a lot).

Who gives a poo poo? We know the video games industry sucks rear end at diversity and representation, so here's a group who's here to get paid to think A LOT about it and help make the games. What's the problem?

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Heran Bago posted:

Publishers that can afford it should absolutely hire a professional in-house writer.

Maybe smaller and foreign devs can let QA or testers give feedback about non-game play stuff, like if a very bad word or transphobic line won't go over well in the west.

What point are you arguing for? That consultants shouldn't exist as a concept? Staff positions are objectively superior to contractors? Or what?

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Heran Bago posted:

I don't think Lex would be praising the Amazons about solving toxic masculinity.

Why not?

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Heran Bago posted:

seems like a trap but

Doesn't seem like something a world dominating bad guy would say, or how they would say it.

I dunno, seems like the sort of schlocky pop-philosophy shower thoughts that show up in roughly every comic book ever written, but I'm no expert on woke. Seems pretty lame to get all social warrior over it, but chuds gonna chud.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Oh cool. This conversation again.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

*thanks you*

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

So what's up with Juno?

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Rockstar needs to hire every dev who got laid off over the past couple years, it's only fair.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I said come in! posted:

lol i'm excited for GTA6, like beyond hyped, it looks amazing but its just another video game. We gotta stop propping these huge budget games up into being something other then what they are; dumb entertainment. Games aren't art, they don't matter, all of this will go away eventually.

Who are you arguing with?

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Don't think video games are art? You, my friend, should consider: turning on your monitor so you no longer are staring at your own reflection in the screen, gamer.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Muscle Tracer posted:

A lot of videogames are "products," but that is not always the case. Some other games that are art:
Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
Hyper Light Drifter
Fallout 1 & 2
Duskers
User Inyerface
The Stanley Parable
a good chunk of Control

None of these games are art, didn't you see I said come in!'s post? I thought we established this.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Vermain posted:

i remember when roger ebert wrote an article wherein he compared the act of gameplay to taking a big ol' poo poo on the toilet to explain why he didn't consider games to meaningfully be art

Taking a poo poo on the toilet is art.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Y'all solved the video games are art or not thing yet?

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Hell yeah brother namaste

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

The REAL 'web3' is only just gettin' going, folks: https://twitter.com/AlsikkanTV/status/1770214218395976007

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Yeah, that's the stuff. Let me live in a world surrounded by mannequins and cardboard cutouts. Social media: Really bringing the world together.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

He only uses the wheelchairs as a tool to make the player feel bad, which is actually just because the player did all of the terrible things to begin with. Also he is also the player too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Because they just said they're gonna buy Dragons Dogma 2, what a weird question.