Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
I'm excited for Wemby to deny the Celtics their three peat in two years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Presti got lucky he had Paul George on his team and George was on Kawhi's list, and Shai was on the Clippers. If Kawhi had signed with the Lakers, OKC wouldn't be in this position.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Declan MacManus posted:

presti rolled the dice to trade for paul george in the first place to pair him with westbrook

this is silly

Intentionally silly!

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Everyone saying generational now when I got absolutely torched calling Embiid a generational talent his rookie year.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Salvor_Hardin posted:

I don't think Kevin is in the picture anymore either.

Since the last time a Porter Jr left the NBA we gained a Porter Jr, I think there will be a new Porter Jr to maintain the balance shortly.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Anti-COVID is such a funny phrase. Is Stockton Pro-COVID???

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Red Rox posted:

Oh no, Kawhi just left the arena - didn't return after the first quarter.

Maybe he had another appointment?

Said to be thoracic spasms.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

dokmo posted:

I am really digging watching the Thompson twins. I hope there's room in this league for non shooter wings who are terrifying on the glass and absolute beasts on the defensive end. I did not expect either of them to be so good defensively right away. They play for bad teams so only the hoops cognoscenti are hip to how fun these guys are.

I guess Dort is a decent comp, but I think he maybe had more offensive game as a rookie?

They sound like they'd be perfect for the Heat.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Rick posted:

Yeah it feels really bad. If people want to bet it's fine, they should be allowed to, but there should be an ability to consume the sport without having to have people try to induce you into something that is not great for a lot of people to be induced to. They will say "oh we run a commercial where we talk about bad beats not only once . . . but twice every game" but it's insane to think it's enough. Also that commercial is barely an anti-gambling commercial because the format of it is "wow check all these cool things out in sport, sports, so cool. I love sports. Betting responsibly on sport sis cool because sports are cool. Cool sports you can lose you know Cool sport."

The commercials in Florida where there's a cast of characters singing and dancing about the fun of sports betting is absolutely deranged.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEQTsoJo8Xo

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Everyone's just hating on the Celtics because they want to deny the inevitable. If you convince yourself they're chokers than you might have some hope they won't just run through the Eastern Conference only dropping a game or two.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

They're also about to spend like $200 million on four players so this may be the last time they have a team this good for awhile.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Shear Modulus posted:

The cardinal sin was being named porter instead of porter jr

Unfortunately Michael Porter Jr was already taken so they had to name him something else. I guess Michael Porter II would've worked like Gary Payton II.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

I'm happy to have a chill playoff watching experience this season vs the stressful one of the past two seasons.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Salvor_Hardin posted:

This is a small point but Lonzo was extremely not the #3 overall pick.

Feel like they confused Lonzo for LaMelo.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Boosh! posted:

Right, he had his hands up for those 3seconds ready to make the T, but only makes the T to the baseline(vs ref closest by the sideline) at .03 and quickly retracts it as the ball is inbounded.

Edit: wide angle, slo-mo

https://x.com/worldwidewob/status/1782603492659790233?s=46&t=RVo9DrGKInivplZMNZ9I9w

This is why Spo runs onto the court to call his time outs.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

I want to see Ant yam on Tatum.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

My friend sent me a meme where it's people coddling Shai and saying how young he is and they turn to Luka and tell him to win already, you fat piece of poo poo.

The punchline, of course, being they're the same age.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Papes posted:

Sounds like a very unfunny meme

Wasn't great so I didn't post it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

verbal enema posted: