Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

I bet Pitts is gonna bounce back hard this year. Look what he did as a rookie with Ryan throwing to him. Then he got stuck with Art being tricky and Mariota + Ridder throwing nonsense in his direction for the few targets he got. Plus a nasty injury... Hopefully that's all resolved now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
One less free agent WR....
https://twitter.com/Giants/status/1770978683571831089
Stuck in PS purgatory on the Bills for two and a half seasons until he finally gets a break with the Giants. Despite being their WR touchdown leader since then, he had the indignity of them turning down his RFA tender and presumably the whole market not being interested in his services, and going back to the Giants on what must be a cheap deal....

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Arizona should trade #4 to Minnesota for Justin Jefferson. That would be a fun one.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

wandler20 posted:

Arizona should trade #4 to Minnesota for Justin Jefferson. That would be a fun one.

What else does Arizona have to give up?

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again
Yeah when you start throwing Jefferson into the mix things get interesting. He's said he wants to play with a reliable quarterback, I guess the question is if he's going to be happy with a rookie or not.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

a neat cape posted:

What else does Arizona have to give up?

A $30m a year contract to JJ.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

They’d be insane to trade JJ, I don’t get why he is constantly the subject of trade rumors. I guess if he pitches a fit and holds out you could think about it. Even if you get 3 firsts or something, what are the odds that any of those picks develop into a player close to as good as Jefferson?

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Docjowles posted:

They’d be insane to trade JJ, I don’t get why he is constantly the subject of trade rumors. I guess if he pitches a fit and holds out you could think about it. Even if you get 3 firsts or something, what are the odds that any of those picks develop into a player close to as good as Jefferson?

I think at that point you’re accepting you won’t replace him but instead of having 1 A+ player you may end up with 3B+ with upside?

It’s a dumb gamble but it happens.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Docjowles posted:

Probably because Minnesota hasn't gotten a deal done with him yet.

Then again twitter GMs have already decided Harbaugh is trading herbert so he can draft JJ, so maybe I'm just a dipshit

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

mcmagic posted:

The whole Kyle Pitts saga makes me nervous about taking Bowers in the top 10.

It's been proven that taking a TE really high almost never ends up being worth it anyway so I'd be nervous too.

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

Also Minnesota recently traded a number 1 WR at his peak for a first round pick (which they used on Jefferson).

Jefferson is better than Diggs though so it would be a silly move. Just give him the bag and get it over with

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Rogue Elephant posted:

Also Minnesota recently traded a number 1 WR at his peak for a first round pick (which they used on Jefferson).

Jefferson is better than Diggs though so it would be a silly move. Just give him the bag and get it over with

a number 1 WR at his peak who very publicly wanted out because he hated the head coach

context is important!

Both sides are saying all the right things in this case so it still feels like a matter of when not if but it won't surprise me if they do end up trading Jefferson even if I'd say the odds are more likely that they'll get an extension done.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

No Butt Stuff posted:

I think at that point you’re accepting you won’t replace him but instead of having 1 A+ player you may end up with 3B+ with upside?

It’s a dumb gamble but it happens.

Yeah I see this logic, I just disagree with it. At least when it comes to one of the very best players in the league at any position. The handful of guys who can singlehandedly win games every week have such outsized value. You can't add 2+2+2 and get 10.

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

I actually didn't remember that part of it, I'm not sure I was ever aware of it :doh: I just remember being baffled that they traded Diggs only to use the pick on a different WR

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Rogue Elephant posted:

I just remember being baffled that they traded Diggs only to use the pick on a different WR
I thought it really funny that they did that because the last time they did it (Moss to Oakland) it... did not work out.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Rogue Elephant posted:

I actually didn't remember that part of it, I'm not sure I was ever aware of it :doh: I just remember being baffled that they traded Diggs only to use the pick on a different WR
The Titans did this with AJ Brown and ended up with Treylon Burks. Womp womp.

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

Diva Cupcake posted:

The Titans did this with AJ Brown and ended up with Treylon Burks. Womp womp.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
I don't think the MIN front office is stupid enough to get fleeced but we'll see. I would prefer not see them give up a future 1st to move up, they should have enough ammo now. They just need to be willing to walk away from a deal which will keep a team like the Pats from getting too greedy. Maybe the Raiders will sell it all to move up, they always seem to make a :dafuq: move.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Docjowles posted:

Well they traded Diggs and drafted JJ...

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

wandler20 posted:

....No? Why would AZ want that? JJ is without a doubt a transcendent player but they're playing for poo poo right now and would rather take the safest WR prospect in ages to offset the $60 million they're paying linemen.

E: before the cap isn't real crowd chime in, the Cardinals are cheap as gently caress

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
:toxx: if MIN trades JJ (not gonna happen)

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Diggs wanted out, if JJ still wants in I don't know why the hell the Vikings wouldn't keep him unless they're that loving desperate for a QB (which, they do have Addison at least, but giving a rookie QB him and JJ would be a boon of a transition process).

I think the top 4 should stay put. Chargers, it depends on whether they value Nabers over whatever haul they're offered for 5. I feel the Giants are the big wild card here, they get mocked WR a lot but they're so loving bad everywhere and are generally so incompetent no draft decision or trade would surprise me here.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

There's scuttlebutt that Nabers is higher on some boards than MHJ, I don't necessarily believe it but Nabers going at 5 wouldn't be a shock to me.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

BlindSite posted:

There's scuttlebutt that Nabers is higher on some boards than MHJ, I don't necessarily believe it but Nabers going at 5 wouldn't be a shock to me.

I don’t think Nabers going at 5 would shock anyone, seems like he gets mocked to the Chargers pretty often.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I thought it really funny that they did that because the last time they did it (Moss to Oakland) it... did not work out.

The actual last time they did it (Harvin to Seattle) it also did not work out because they drafted a receiver who could not run routes but was the best kick returner of all time.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Vando posted:

The actual last time they did it (Harvin to Seattle) it also did not work out because they drafted a receiver who could not run routes but was the best kick returner of all time.
I forgot about that because Harvin was not very good, so I'm not sure it counts :colbert:

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I don’t think Nabers going at 5 would shock anyone, seems like he gets mocked to the Chargers pretty often.

Yeah, if no trades up happen, both Cardinals and Chargers will/should be taking the two best WRs.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Mystic Stylez posted:

Even if you are giving picks for the right to pay him a lot, I doubt Sneed doesn't fetch more than a 3rd, dude should've been an all-pro last season and has a great career

look at this dumb motherfucker

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://x.com/adamschefter/status/1771369568109273229?s=46&t=GxZoSKgPzb_-zyUnvLFKvg

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Ran Carthon…that brother is cooking

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

a 3rd and a 7th round pick "flop" seems to be more than a 3rd

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Scott foster thoughtfully fingers his whistle.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Not great compensation

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Cavauro posted:

a 3rd and a 7th round pick "flop" seems to be more than a 3rd

2025 3rd at that

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
future third is worth a present fourth. or a present fifth if it's a double future third, depends on how you math

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Stand back I'm going to try science!
Not getting a pick this year when going for the threepeat is weird. I am curious how Sneed was asking for. Also wtf are chiefs doing with this cap space now?

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Calidus posted:

Not getting a pick this year when going for the threepeat is weird. I am curious how Sneed was asking for. Also wtf are chiefs doing with this cap space now?

Rumors were he wanted 4y/88m and significant guarantees.

I’d assume they either go get some bargain bin free agents to fill out the line. Maybe sign Mike Danna again. Gotta find an LT still. Or they go ahead and extend some guys who are coming due.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/rotoworld_fb/status/1771532106092666975?s=46

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
i was expecting this rebuild for the titans to take more than one offseason but good gracious so much has improved and we’re not even to the draft yet. the titans have literally never had this kind of offseason with so many acquisitions, much less of actual relevant players.

carthon really out there spinning it while vrabel wanted to hire a second boss for him lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Stand back I'm going to try science!
$55 million guaranteed over 4 years doesn’t sound terrible