Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

ground floor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Dongicus posted:

its drakengard march

now this is what the gently caress im talking about!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lets go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

euroshopper posted:

how tf does pentyne remember and catalogue every Forum Moment no matter how big

forums loremasters. there are many more that lurk but if you summon them they can recall a post from 2013 with eidetic clarity

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

credit cards are literally free money. that guy is a genius

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

the admins of this forum spread misinformation about videogames. leave this website. get out now

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

i cant believe people are still talking about the new york times article off handedly mentioning SA negatively lol. theyre genuinely pressed about it

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Plant MONSTER. posted:

My memories of Ohtori as a poster is that she is relatively normal but people around her just go nuts

making someone melt down while doing absolutely nothing is the greatest joy of a poster

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Stux posted:

sosmeone i had had no negative interactions with quit the forums blaming me and then reregged very obviously and was friendly to me as this "new" person. baffling

the insane people who come up with death note schemes to try to get your attention on an internet forum ftw

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Leal posted:

Capcom releases a DLC to make pawns stop calling players gay

imagining someone paying money for the no homo dlc and lolling

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Frank Frank posted:

What is their deal anyway? They've recently started popping up in a ton of the threads I post in and seem to post in the style of "anime gibberish" whether or not it's relevant to the current subject of the thread.

on some boba pearl type main character poo poo seems like

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

starting to read a post and going wait this is boring poo poo nobody cares about and then realizing its a euroshopper post is a sagas thread rite of passage

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

pentyne posted:

The Cree poster is goated because they walked into a "Canada is loving great" thread and casually disagreed, which led to the completely bafflement and shock of several posters

wtf the reason that guy got permad. why does this keep happening here

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

a special website filled with the brightest minds of our generation

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Stux posted:

video essays have made everyone so unbearably stupid lol

i refuse to believe theres more than 30 minutes of things you can say about these disney sitcoms or whatever. if you ever watched any of these videos all the way through you should seek professional help

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

coworker: hey big dogg!!! ruff ruff!! any plans for the weekend big dogg?
goon(nicknamed "big dogg"): yea im going to doordash some little caesars and watch a 28 year old man talk about icarly for 9 hours,. its actually part 3 of the saga. ive been looking forward to this all year

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

let's all give them loads of attention

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Leal posted:

There is this guy I've watched who would constantly go "Please watch my Lost series" and its 4 videos that, when combined, will require 19 and a half hours to watch it all

lmao hell yeah

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

im a zoomer :cheerdoge:

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Stux posted:

idk the most consistently insane and deranged ppl on this website are the really old guys imgho

yeah for sure. getting passive aggressive pms from someone twice my age ftw

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Ban anyone under 25 and over 45 imo.

free corsair

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Heath posted:

There was a period of time where bringing up someone's pre-woke period or whatever you'd call it was enough to get them absolutely demolished but I think people figured out that that's bad and sucks

theyre all on bread and roses now lol.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Ibram Gaunt posted:

All the scenes between Meruum and Komugi in hxh are peak.

its so good. possibly the best story in anime

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

copy posted:

good grief but also lol at opening that thread and reading boba pearl talk about how the cowbomber paid for their crimes

lmao

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

fyad posters are always trying to shut down all of SA. that guy was absolutely right

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Rags to Liches posted:

posting is extremely serious business to many goons

decades long forum grudges are the funniest thing like imagine someone coming off a long day of work as the assistant manager for the local best buy and logging on the forums to seethe about some guy lol

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

remember when she was like and also those fyad fucks are making fun of me for my piano. what the hell was that about lol

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

\

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

cumpantry posted:

you will find it is the ocarina and, yes, Link is a chud.

kill the hylian palace guard in your head

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Marcade posted:

Link is a murderer. He killed Hylian guards. We will probably never know exactly what he was thinking. Obviously I did not know Link. I never saw him in person and never spoke to him. But he represented something very special to me. In such a cut-throat, dirty, dark, often disgusting, business he was one of the good ones. When people talked poo poo about games and the bastards involved in it, you could always point out Link as the exception to the rule. He was the one you could point to as a true professional who honored the genre he loved, who was passionate about it, who proved that you could dedicate your life to bombing dodongos without being insane or scum or a monster. He was the ace in the hole. He was the one who wasn't in it for the rupees or because he was a failed protagonist in another game or because he wanted to get rich quick or because he wanted to be a movie star or because he saw saving Hyrule as a means to an end. He was in it for being a hero. He was dedicated to being the best hero he could be, and it showed in the Dark World.

I wanted to be a gamer since I was a little kid, and one of the very worst moments of my life was a cold night in San Antonio when I was on the phone to my girlfriend a thousand miles away and finally admitted to myself and to her that coming to Texas to play games had been a mistake. Coming to grips that I was simply not athletically or charismatically talented enough to be a gamer was one of the worst moments of my life. The business glorifies the boyhood dreams that come true. My boyhood dream wasn't going to come true, and it was an upsetting, soul-crushing revelation that upsets and discourages me to this day.

Since then I lived vicariously through Link in a lot of ways. He wasn't a man who was destined to be a hero. He couldn't talk. He wasn't charismatic in the usual way. He was quiet. He was short. The only thing he had going for him was his work ethic. He wasn't a third generation protagonist. He wasn't physically gifted. He wasn't someone who had words come easy to him. But through sheer effort he was able to become one of the greatest adventurers in history. By 12 years old.

Link was only twelve, and he was already a legend on the verge of myth. That's how talented he was, and how respected.

I cannot reconcile in my mind that the man who unnecessarily gave back so much to Nintendo could end his life the way he did. I can't understand how a man could spend weeks and months trying to give back to younger guys like Sheikah, putting forth the care and effort to help them find their voice in the game, and that that same man could kill guards only weeks later. It doesn't make sense. It shouldn't have happened this way. Not for him, not for Zelda, and not for their decendants.

Link owed me nothing. But I still feel the loss. I selfishly lived through many of his accomplishments and now feel lost. I can only speak for myself, but I feel that for a lot of us Mondays and Fridays are rocks of stability in a storm of stress and uncertainty. Every week the show goes on. Every week the show is from somewhere new, somewhere in the world, but every week it comes into our homes.

And that will continue. But Link is dead. And he died a murderer. And whether it be insanity, green potions, or just the actions of a clear-eyed monster, what is done is done. And one of the pillars for the guysat Nintendo and one of the pillars for fans is gone. And everything that pillar held up is tainted and dripping with blood.

Link was a murderer. And I don't know how to accept that.
link legend of zelda

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

NoiseAnnoys posted:

it’s like hating dessert. idgi.

it makes people upset to see others have fun enjoying things when they are bitter and miserable of their own volition op. and desserts suck becauose of the sand

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

glad we could all settle this :mufasa: :bagl:

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Phlegmish posted:

That guy is apparently still around and every single one of his posts has that same insufferable self-righteous tone
lol (sad)

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

tragic backstory: this poster got rejected as a plumbers apprentice and has had hate in their heart ever since

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

(seeing a bunch of toilets in home depot and turning visibly purple with rage) gently caress!! OFF!!!

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Reported for slurs

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

the survival of the thread hinging on the world's cringest powerpoint presentation that thankfully made jeff clap his hands like a cymbal monkey

this website is truly insane. i love somethingawful nothing ever gets better its always just this

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Thinking about the cspam goon who thought he was doing accelerationism by refusing to sort his recyclables.

the genious firebrands of cspam forming an elite xmen style team. darth vader helmet. firefighter fighter. the nonsortable. and dogbricker.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Sung to Prodigy - Firestarter:

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

I'm the ventilated
Sample aggravated

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Stux posted:

all the cashiers will look up and shout "paper or plastic"...and ill look down and whisper "plastic"

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

i saw the post before the edit. i could have quoted it and slain the poster for their mistake but i chose mercy