Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Endorph posted:

that doesnt track also because nier's localization wasnt just random contract hires, it was farmed out to a specific company, 8-4, who have done a lot of high profile work. a bunch of fire emblem games, nier automata, metal gear rising, some tekken games, etc. the idea that 'oh yeah i do some translation on the side' doesnt track with that. they're a very well-respected company. they aren't a 'gig.'

and also they're based in japan not the us, so it'd be pretty hard to work with them while also living with the dark id apparently???

Does 8-4 still have a podcast? That was a chill podcast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Feels Villeneuve posted:

i am always weirded out by personal discord servers. like ive been in a few "group of friends" discord servers but not the ones that are like specifically "for" a certain person

There are good creator run Discord servers, but them being good hinges on that creator rarely posting there and them rarely coming up in the server itself.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

pentyne posted:

fondly remember the goon hating on Elden Ring because it doesn't tell you where to go when there is a glowing golden trail leading you to the major destination

Yeah I prefer Xenoblade 1 and 2s system of look for an objective for 30 minutes and then give up and hope the quest isn’t important.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

lol gently caress, you just unlocked a memory for me

I 100% completed Xenoblade 1, all sidequests, max affinities, etc. On the drat 3ds version

That was the only 3DS game I owned that would hard crash.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I am a Gamer. Quote this if you are proud to be a Gamer.

ROG.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

cardinale posted:

haha me too

why

I played it because it was the only way to not pay a ton of money for the Wii version and I happened to have a new 3DS.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Farg posted:

prepare to die

Feels right.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Conversely if they took the “restart fight with lower level enemies” option out of the Trails games I would riot.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Yong Yea is boring DSP.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Dragons Dogma 1 is 5 dollars all the time so I’ll just wait for 2 to be 5 dollars.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Spanish Manlove posted:

You should go see Dune2

That the one with the super shotgun?

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Snow Cone Capone posted:

the prequels were overall better than the new trilogy and also Star Wars Episode I: Racer was epic on N64 and the arcade version kicked rear end too

Battlefront 2 is prequel heavy and rules.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Bicyclops posted:

Casting a summon in a JRPG and leaving the long animation on so you can mix a drink and get some snacks ftw.

I’ve mentioned this somewhere before but the Moonstone Cannon animation in Skies of Arcadia was long enough for me to prepare 2 hotdogs and add condiments on a George Foreman grill and be back in my seat by the time it ended.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

One More Fat Nerd posted:

Not in ff8! Gonna have to mash X for the whole 72 seconds.

Skill issue.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

PYF Legend of Dragoons.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Heath posted:

Xenoblade is one of those series I am never going to understand the love for. I bought the original at launch and tried four separate times to play it before it finally clicked for me, I got all the way to Mechonis and the twist where your sword is evil or something it's been like 10 years since I played it and I dropped it like a rock because I hadn't been enjoying the game since the Fallen Hand area. I tried playing XBCX and got about two hours in and took it back to GameStop the same day

Xenoblade is like someone wrote lore about Yes album covers and that rules. The game part of 1 specifically is what I imagined an mmo was like at the time and I liked I could play it solo.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Orbs posted:

I thought Let Us Cling Together was way better, especially in terms of narrative. FFT is also great, I'm not knocking it- LUCT is just that good to me.

LUCT is my favorite tactics game. Both the PSP and new remastered version are excellent.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Cranappleberry posted:

if nintendo wasn't so litigious about emulation maybe Id play it right now

Nintendo doesn’t really care unless you’re running the site?

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Alaois posted:

It feels like a quest that was written by a guy who broke into the CDPR office one day and they couldnt get him to leave

My assumption is that that’s how all hires work there.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

I like XB 2 because it seems like the mechanics were thought up by a crazy person, but it still sort of works.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

3 is the best for a lot of reasons, like revealing Rex grew up to become the biggest chad in the universe(s)

poo poo. I knew they were going to tie them together though.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I really need to play it… but I also need to finish the XBC1 epilogue they added in the Switch version. There are too many games and not enough time…

I heard it wasn’t good so I just skipped it.

Edit: oh wait they added another thing I was thinking the dlc.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

The new remake of 1 looked great. 6 to me just looked like the PlayStation version.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

They should remake PS 2 and 4 but replace the dungeons with new ones in the style of PS1.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

If you have a hacked 3DS Nintendo will patch your warez for you if they’re 3DS games.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Tommy Talarico slicing the garlic thin with a razor blade because he went to jail for game crimes.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

euroshopper posted:

wasn't there a comment that claimed tommy didn't even compose the music for earthworm jim

Wikipedia has the sole composer as Mark Miller.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

The Bulma trucker hat that says Bulma is maybe the coolest fictional piece of clothing of all time

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

King

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I feel like Xenoblade 2 gets a bad rap for being hella horny babe time, which it absolutely plays into at points but not to the extent where it gets weird, unless I'm forgetting something major

There's so much poo poo to do in that game.. every unique blade has a massive multipart character quest that goes into way more detail & backstory than you would imagine for what is essentially a gacha pokemon system. Even the babe blades

And yes I played it for the articles

There’s like some weird implied stuff with Poppie and Tora I think? Otherwise all I remember is that some blades had big boobs.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Endorph posted:

Tora is like 'i made this robot maid shes so kawaiii' but hes meant to be like 14 or w/e. Its a pretty innocent bit

Yeah it’s reasonably tame from what I remember. That game is gigantic though so there’s no way I’ve seen all of it.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Does anyone have a link?

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Lazy Devs not even supporting HD Flo anymore.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Ibram Gaunt posted:

the whole like final act of 2 is amazeballs.

I think 2 has my favorite story in a game.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Endorph posted:

bocchi the rock ftw

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

We should come together as a society and agree not to say “booba.”

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Pablo Nergigante posted:

BOSS: Hey guys, finished testing that game yet?
ME: Just need to tighten up the sluttiness on level 3

It’s a living.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Snow Cone Capone posted:

hmm, great minds

No loving way. lol

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

He has the coolest submarine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

If Starfield was on PS4 id pay 5 dollars for it.