Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Tired Moritz posted:

listened to the slowbeef statement and woah its so weird that his voice still hasnt aged!

I was not big into LP way back, but this Saga caught me bc Slowbeef's audio is such a great snapshot of the emotional state where you attempt to recount some madness event and it makes progressively less sense the more you put it into words.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
Badass Longcoat?

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
the greatest trick The Dark Id ever pulled was convincing the world he doesn't exist :blastu:

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Her Dryer posted:

Slowbeef is working for Nestle

That rotten son-of-a-bitch better watch his back.............

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

ngl having a popular old content creator burn out in a flame of stupid but ultimately pretty funny lies is a nice change of pace from having a popular old content creator burn out in a flame of sexpest accusations or whatever other heinous poo poo

it tdi showed up with a ukulele apology i'd call it fair

hell no

#JusticeForScreechy

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
Was the new Dragon Quest Monsters on Switch any good?

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
"Gunnerkrigg Court Maniac" sounds like an utterly horrific mislabled video on Kazaa 😬

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Southern Cassowary posted:

what's the issue with the music in dq11 again? like some of it is synthesized but there's also versions with an orchestrated soundtrack?

The answer to: "What's the issue with <major issue> in Dragon Quest #?" is usually, "it's a longstanding tradition within the franchise" but beyond that, dont worry about it too much and enjoy the symphony tracks. Needless to say, it's been more or less resolved. :whitewater:

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Heath posted:

I need to play Rocket Slime again

this

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
I beat that SMTV dungeon before the patch and the only thing I found difficult about it was aiming the camera at certain jumps. I was really surprised it got any sort of patch at all. I still dont know what they changed it to.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Funny thing is they don't even get that, these guys all hate each other and treat each other like poo poo and stab each other in the back at the slightest opportunity lol

lol yeah

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

lobster shirt posted:

that would be so epic

it would

Plant MONSTER. posted:

Spar was cool

he was

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

He is the heart and soul of Dragon Quest 11

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Good soup! posted:

i got a refund because it didn't call me gay enough

that's fair

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
I do not remember the details, but therr was a "Fire Sale" at a department store, and we went to check out the products that were 50% off.

It was mostly hideous ochre sweatshirts and gross white scratchy curtains, but they had a copy of Bart vs. The World and seeing the weird Yeti version of Mr. Burns on the cover is forever ingrained in my head.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
the kid from the American version of The Ring formally presenting a measured argument with his beleaguered and strung out mother in favor of receiving Chuck Rock as a present

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
Thus of ould: Video Poker on Game Gear
Thus now: Balatro on Steam Deck

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
*Gannon

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
President Bush was correct about The Simpsons :911:

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Babe Magnet posted:

one of my fondest early gaming memories was playing Dragon Warrior on my gameboy while sitting in a hot car with my mom waiting on my brother to get out from being fired from the air force lol

I recall that poo poo vividly for some reason. I could probably tell you where I was at in the game if I watched a playthrough of it now

haha

it's a good franchise with a lot of heart!!!!

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Fajita Queen posted:

he then went on to request a permaban because the website would not recognize chatbots as being deserving of human rights

Im glad. they don't. anybody who feels similarly should also request a permaban. I hope more and more people are permabanned for this, over time.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

its good... todd howard did it again

are you making GBS threads me!? 😡

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Paladinus posted:

Keep hearing good things about the Fallout show. It must be good.

what the..

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Fortaleza posted:

Fallout 4 sucked rear end

ohohoho, the little Gamers of today fear the truest hot take, that... ALL the Fallout games sucked rear end, except the very first

:sss:

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
so it is said, there exists a Gamer take that is simply too powerful, that Fallout 3 is the only good Fallout. a forbidden technique wielded only by the mad and desperate.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

pentyne posted:

Fallout 4 was bizarre, like someone convinced Bethesda that adding a major base building mechanic and then designing a ton of core gameplay around that process was a good idea, even gating settlement progression and options behind stats and talents.

No one who wanted new Fallout wanted a basebuilder minigame, and no one who played base builder games wanted that kind of pre-fab building poo poo.

my kid was pretty unimpressed at the time! as they dripfed Fallout 4 patches and DLC, there was a big element of "oh. that's another Minecraft modpack everybody is sick of by now. heh."

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
My favorite Fallout New Vegas moment was building my character around the Built To Destroy perk, and doing Raul the Ghoul's companion quest to offset item degredation, but when it was resolving, Raul was like, "You know, Im so happy I joined up with you. I guess old people still have a lot to offer the world, don't they?" which gives him the Old Vaquero perk, which just merely boosts his rate-of-fire with pistols and rifles. And to get the Full Maintenance perk, I had to be, "Uhh, hell no. Fix my broken poo poo, old man." and Danny Trejo does this amazing Grampa Simpson, "Oh, ok.." response.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Improbable Lobster posted:

when will a game dev turn the zelda fishing minigames into a full game

Im not afraid to admit that fishing in video games peaked for me with Link's Awakening on the Game Boy

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

alright guys we just released our big mod and its full OF WHAT

I recall one group of modders hyping up their interesting technical advances with no comment on the creative side and then being utterly mortified as they progressively realized they poured so much time and effort and creativity into Magical Realm bullshit.

I think the project was structured in such a way where all the teams had their own individual focuses, with no real reason to interact with each other, and no real editorial oversight, lol.

They claimed that they were effectively kept in the dark by the assumption that things were going to be fine, but somebody HAD to have known, right??

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Pablo Nergigante posted:

He’s an ogre.

do NOT feed the trolls :redass:

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

mycot posted:

Maybe it's not The Legion maybe white supremacists like the game because they're a fan of dialogue trees and ending slides.

its interesting to me how they love their welded on nostgia goggles as part of their whole bit, that things used to be much better and we've got to start hurting the people who are makinh it bad, but as time marches on and new nostalgias arise, you get weird as gently caress interactions like online fash types loving RPGs, when I can't think of something that makes you physically irl look less like a naked marble statue of a "Western Civ" muscle philosopher dude than sitting at the computer

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Al! posted:

jace could be a blastoise

he could

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Ibram Gaunt posted:

He also has a third channel called "Puppet Steve" where he unboxes toys for toddlers.

a forbidden third configuration of the Irate Gamer? I don't dare investigate.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

he took his one shot in life, and he succeeded, but you definitely do NOT have to respect it

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

pentyne posted:

homestuck seems like some kind of collective mass insanity for something that doesn't provably exist anymore

If there is a single webcomic most similar to The Dancing Plague of 1518, it would undoubtedly be Homestuck.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Martman posted:

Dril's name is clevin

what the gently caress

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
it rules how much Undertale was primed to be a huge game in a year full of greats

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Fajita Queen posted:

The only good webcomic is Tails Gets Trolled.

he quit because he was worried about getting sued, felt he could focus his creativity into something original, felt the more offensive elements could be toned down, and the influx of internet attention was damaging his mental health and influencing the work itself

:hmmno:

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
https://tailsgetstrolled.org/read.php?ch=ch27.5&pg=pg14

:hmmno:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Homestuck cosplayers ruining things for everyone reminds of the time a bunch of Hetalia fans in cosplay were doing nazi salutes in front of a Boston synagogue.

"What th' gently caress's 'annamay'?"