Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

the prequels were overall better than the new trilogy and also Star Wars Episode I: Racer was epic on N64 and the arcade version kicked rear end too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I thought it was pretty cool that they successfully hid the Naboo Fighter in the first Rogue Squadron game 6 months before Ep1 came out, and because datamining games wasn't a thing back then nobody found the code until Lucasarts revealed it after the movie was released

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

hatty posted:

RIP Treasure

gunstar heroes is on the switch pass

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

N64 and GameCube had some of the best star wars games, podracer, rogue squadron, shadows of the empire, even that Clone Wars game was pretty fun

the ones where you're that edgelord evil jedi were great to, rag dolling baddies all over the place and such

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

skies of arcadia was great

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Lufia 2 should really be talked about more in best-of conversations, in addition to the stuff people said upthread it's got a great story, fleshed-out characters with great personalities and stories, the whole Capsule Monster thing, a straightforward but tight battle system, and killer music.

Also block puzzles! Who doesn't love block puzzles?

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I remember liking Phantasy Star IV as a kid but idk how well it holds up

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Pacific Drive is really pulling me in the last few days, the vibes are impeccable

also it supports the fancy adaptive triggers and haptic feedback on a PS5 controller via Bluetooth, which is extremely rare for a PC game, and it owns

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

you can play every mainline final fantasy game up to and including 12 (aside from the mmo) on the switch which is pretty neat imo

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Heath posted:

I've really come around on the 3DS. I got one in like 2012 and I don't think I bought any actual 3DS games until SMT4 (actually the first thing I played on it was Glory of Heracles, lol.) I loved the original DS a lot so I mostly just kept playing those games. But now with the full 3DS library out I've been hitting some of the stuff I missed and I'm like oh a lot of these are actually pretty great games. All the Kirby games are fantastic, Mario 3D Land is surprisingly robust, Starfox 3D whips rear end, and the DQ7 remake is probably my favorite DQ game

3ds owns because it's super easy to mod and the 2nd generation of systems (N3DS, N2DS, N3DS) are fast enough to emulate Playstation games

You can also wrap any old rom in the Virtual Console interface and have a fancy icon for specific old games instead of launching an emulator and doing it through there

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

modded 3ds also lets you patch Majora's Mask 3d to revert some of the weird bullshit changes they made for the 3DS and adds a bunch of QoL fixes and stuff and alone is worth modding it

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

it's really easy now https://3ds.hacks.guide/

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

someone post the gunnerkrigg thing please, it's been a while and it was a good one

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Matthewtheman posted:

Right now I'm currently debating between Gender Bender DNA Twister Extreme, an entertaining romantic comedy visual novel about a group of scientists who end up becoming girls after a lab explosion causes them to inhale gender swap gas, and DIDnapper, an RPGmaker game about kidnapping girls. I have yet to play the latter, but I'm currently getting it rn and will play it a bit first before I make my decision. You guys are free to suggest other ideas if you want, just know that they should be games that are good for SSLPs, as while I'd like to eventually start doing video LPs, I don't have the proper equipment to make a good video LP first. Plus, I figure it'll be easier to make an entrance into the world of video LPing if and can develop a fanbase via SSLPs first.

hmm, great minds

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I was looking to see if there were any cool mods for Pacific Drive (more radio songs please) and one of the top guides on Steam is about how to remove the completely optional lgbtq stickers you can put on your car, that the game gives you for free

gamers stay winning

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Hardcordion posted:

I used to think that gaben was maybe the one billionaire who was still a relatively normal person, until I saw how excited he was to talk about hacking brains to directly affect mood through an app as if that technology wouldn't have obvious dystopic consequences.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVu-96J6_I0

man half-life 3 is gonna kick rear end

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Endorph posted:

as a child i was tricked by spore and i will never forgive will wright

I knew things at maxis were getting wonky when they made that combat racing game

was fun to load in your sc2/3k cities though

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

The Kins posted:

a friend of mine is writing a book on the history of maxis and man, you don't know the half of it

you know a company is going through it when getting bought by ea and having them run riot on everything was the best possible outcome

That big article about Sim Refinery and the other educational stuff was pretty interesting too

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

yeah it was an educational game to teach oil refinery engineers, thought lost for years and then some retired Chevron engineer found a copy out of nowhere

https://obscuritory.com/sim/when-simcity-got-serious/

https://obscuritory.com/sim/simrefinery-recovered/

NoiseAnnoys posted:

wow. oregon trail for boomer mbas.

it was more for the engineers and techs, like "your building is responsible for step 6 in a 10-step refining process and we want you to learn how your job interacts with the rest of the process"

Snow Cone Capone has a new favorite as of 16:10 on Mar 15, 2024

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

when I was a kid the school computers had SimTown and SimFarm but I was always obsessed with SimTower

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Mavis Beacon was not a real person

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

The Kins posted:

that one was made by a studio in japan (by the future creator of seaman, no less) and there were some sequels here and there.

yoot tower was great iirc yoot saito was the guy who did SimTower so it really is a straight sequel in all but name

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

if you hold ctrl+alt+shift when starting your tower in ST you get a fancy 3-story lobby with spiral staircases

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Bicyclops posted:

lulu is great and I dodged all 200 lightning bolts for her. I've never played X-2, I keep meaning to go back to it

x-2 is great. great job system, fun jobs, cool costumes, girl power

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

The Kins posted:

tfw your greyhound comes last and you realize you can't afford your daughter's chemo anymore

gently caress dude lol

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Majorian posted:

That tracks.

There's been a lot of rehabilitation of X-2 lately but it's still a pretty bad game with a couple good points. (Paine, the job system)

gently caress you

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Absolutely not

x1 can't be beat but I always liked how hard they tried to make x2's music sound like it was on a Genesis sound chip

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

he's a bigot and a creep but otoh he's successfully making money off crying and making GBS threads his pants like a literal toddler so yknow land of contrasts etc

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

NoiseAnnoys posted:

lol they look like a 90s japanese grunge band

lmfao I was gonna say they look like The Pillows and then I quoted the post and saw the image name

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

NoiseAnnoys posted:

hell yeah, friend. :hfive:

i didn't know if anyone else would know the pillows so i clearly underestimated.

I actually own like 3 of their non-flcl albums haha, they're a solid pick if you like rock with a lot of grunge and britpop influences

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

i've seen goons i recognized from years and years ago in IRCs and poo poo and honestly most of them that aren't posting here anymore are exactly the same as they were back then

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

lobster shirt posted:

i think the harry potter books are fine as childrens and later young adult fiction, very suitable for teenagers to read. too bad jk rowling has such horrible beliefs.

even before all the terf stuff i had no interest in whatever expanded universe stuff she put out because i had learned my lesson with the brian herbert/kevin j anderson butlerian jihad books: sometimes its better for a story to be over, you don't need more and more content.

kevin j anderson rules though

he wrote a star wars book where the plot is "jabba the hutt's angry relatives finance a bootleg death star and when they finally try it at the end it blows up"

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

JK rowling, the whitest british woman ever: I never said Hermione wasnt black... maybe she is

can you imagine what she would have named an original black character if someone asked her on twitter like the jewish one

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

she named a black character shacklebolt, OP

loving lmao

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

ok i genuinely remember very little about this series, is this one of those "post 1 true thing and 3 jokes" like is there an Italian wizard named Luigi Misteriosi too

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

the irish one blows stuff up and his name is seamus finnegan lmao

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

this poo poo is making my head spin lol

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Antivehicular posted:

This always gets me because this isn't even a game that encourages alts, except for RP I guess? So how much more money can they possibly be making forcing RPers to buy emotes twice or three times, compared to how much whale goodwill they're burning through?

won't someone please think of the horny catgirls spamming the /vexed emote

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

p/i has broken many brains and also brought out the darkness in peoples hearts

yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Improbable Lobster posted:

woman? more like why are you not a man