Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

I hope they release a Sugar Bombs cereal because I'm definitely going to eat it. I know they're doing a Nuka-Cola promotion with Jones Soda.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

"Four: I'm slow to embrace new ideas."

I click Strongly Disagree as I begin my 50th playthrough of Fallout: New Vegas.

I think the only mention of Shady Sands in New Vegas is the NCR citizenship test asking "What was the original name of the NCR capital?" That implies the capital changed before 2281; maybe that's the Fall of Shady Sands, and the NCR seat of government moved to a region that wasn't hit so hard by drought.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Tankbuster posted:

you can make the ghouls and people coexist by killing the non feral ghoul before leaving.

If you help the ghouls move in but kill Roy, the residents of Tenpenny Tower won't get killed? That sounds like the best resolution to that quest.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

My opinion is that the key to enjoying Fallout 4 is to never build anything except what's required to complete quests.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

The Power Armor costumes are so big, the actors can't really use their hands. The machine guns are clamped into place, not actually held, so combining that with a minigun would have been more expensive to make.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Fallout 3 mentions ghouls turning feral for unknown reasons; Fallout 4 implies that it's a combination of radiation and isolation, so ironically, the policy of forcing ghouls away from major settlements makes it more likely that they'll turn.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Megillah Gorilla posted:

What was the stuff the snakeoil doctor injected the weaselly squire with that turned him into a ghoul?

Because, apart from eventually turning you into a mindless cannibal, that stuff seems pretty amazing.

In New Vegas, Hydra will instantly heal a broken leg, instantly heal a hand that was holding an exploding stick of dynamite, and instantly heal a concussion after you've been hit in the head with a sledgehammer. One trick is to take a dose of Hydra, then quickly step in a bear trap fifty times in a row, and you'll gain a perk that makes your limbs more resistant to damage.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

dr_rat posted:

Wouldn't be suprised if the boomers are just a shady sands'esq whole in the ground. For as much as they loved bombs they didn't exactly seem the most, um, safe with.

poo poo, the powder gangers almost seemed more responsible with explosives at times.

Raquel mentions that when those giant ants got into the Boomers' munitions storage, the building with racks upon racks of huge artillery shells, the first group of Boomers to fight them used flamethrowers.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

dr_rat posted:

I never played 76 are they actually meant to be the mole people of cryptid law? 76 does seem to have a bunch of cryptid stuff in it, which honestly sounds like the most intresting part.

They're not the cryptid mole people, just human miners who were mutated by radiation while hiding out underground.

Fallout 76 is pretty fun. I don't like joining the big silly events, but playing it as a single-player game or exploring with some friends is great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Der Kyhe posted:

It is really a TV-show version of someone playing Fallout 3, 4 or 76 with new campaign and three characters. The next season will be a play-through of Fallout New Vegas.

Lucy is Fallout 3 (Vault dweller looking for dad), Cooper is New Vegas (cowboy looking for revenge), Maximus is Fallout 4 (easily distracted wannabe hero in Power Armor).