Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

One complaint I've seen is the Ghoul doesn't look enough like a ghoul and I guess I get it but at the same time you want Walton to have as much freedom to act as possible so settle down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

twistedmentat posted:

He's also shown running from the nuke with a kid, so I'm going to assume he was a famous pre war actor, mostly for cowboy movies, and got ghoulified during the war. Now he gets high as poo poo and shoots stuff.

Living the dream, really.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Torquemada posted:

The teaser for this a few months ago had me vaguely interested, the actual trailer looks like everyone involved understands the assignment.

This show will be made for the 90% of people who don't know what the gently caress Fallout is, with some fan service to the 9.9% who know Fallout 4/76 or 3 or New Vegas. Yet, I somehow get the feeling the only noise I'm going to hear about this show is the droning bullshit of the microscopic amount of Fallout 1 +2 fans yelling about lore no one cares about.

But enough about No Mutants Allowed. :smugdog:

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

twistedmentat posted:

People love Fallout because of them. New Vegas only exists because Fallout 3 was a huge hit.

Fallout 3 genuinely has one of my favorite moments in games where you step out of 101 to see the Capital Wasteland for the first time.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/falloutonprime/status/1770095384356131160

I was genuinely amused. An example of making a Speech check when it's not a tag skill.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

File Purnell into the 'I didn't know she was British' category. She was also really good as the voice of Jinx in Arcane.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Torquemada posted:

Does this have mandatory advertising, or avoidable advertising?

It's on Prime so avoidable if you pay $2 but I have ad blockers running and never see ads watching it on my PC and have not paid an extra two dollarydoos but do see them if I watch on my phone.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Jerusalem posted:

War. War Never Changes.

Huge if true.

Old Doggy Bastard posted:

Fallout: I Don't Want to Set the Thread on Fire

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Kavak posted:

We see him on the horizon chasing Lucy like It Follows

After Malcolm was done with me he promptly ran into a nest of giant radscorpions. :ohdear:

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Really? Mr. Limehouse? I'm down.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Sab669 posted:

I kinda want to reinstall FO4 after finishing it, but I know I shouldn't.

By all means, spend eight hours getting Sanctuary Hills just so and then go back to playing, I dunno, Fornite or whatever.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Wee Bairns posted:

I did like we got to see a Junk Jet in action very early on.

That's what that was! I thought it was a Rock-It Launcher.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

boo boo bear posted:

tough times out there for deranged fallout guys.

Is No Mutants Allowed still a thing? I remember when they had breakdowns over, like, Fallout Tactics.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

esquilax posted:

Mostly it's because the lore complaints are overwhelmingly really bad.

Actual lore differences like "ghouls now have Wolverine-style healing" are drowned out 10 to 1 by things like "Shady Sands is too close to LA, there should have been 3 episodes of walking each way. Never mind that even Fallout 1 and 2 couldn't agree on the actual Shady Sands location"

The ghoul stuff doesn't really bother me too much. Ghouls already feel pretty tough and rugged, so healing factor, sure. Thinking especially of ones like Raul in NV. Also I think it was established every sapient ghoul is worried they might one day go feral but if not, it makes sense. And needing drugs to stave it off is admittedly a bit weirder for me but I just can't muster up caring enough to call it bad.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Vinylshadow posted:

Would you be surprised to learn that there's some that like it (much to their admitted surprise), some that don't, and others that laugh at it being canon due to its events? ("People bawling over something that contradicts the games? First time?")

Good for them. Glad they've mellowed somewhat.

Open Source Idiom posted:

I don't super care one way or the other, but I think the main thing Bethesda cares about is money.

I think it's safe to say Bethesda cares - even if their attempts to show it is sometimes inept - but that's almost assuredly true of ZeniMax.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Owlbear Camus posted:

I liked how Rappaport got a cameo as a lovely cowardly loser who sucks and dies like a dog.

Rappaport after Mykelti Williamson with Goggins in the show made one think they were some Justified fans on the show, which is right and proper.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Arc Hammer posted:

Brotherhood Education ain't what it used to be once they started taking in Wastelanders.

I like how the BoS is apparently weird about sex but even that makes sense as I recall you get an assigned partner in New Vegas, which is why what's her name took off because she was for the ladies.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Owlbear Camus posted:

My partner, who had hitherto not consumed any Fallout media, really enjoyed it and left our binge wanting to play one of the games.

I think I've landed on 3. I know it's a contentious choice but while NV is superior it's a bit more for the 'heads and also doesn't have the classic vault-dwelling start. And I think starting with isometric joints from the last century isn't gonna be it.

Honestly FO3 is a good start. I always have a ball wandering around the Capital Wasteland, more so than the others, and taken strictly as an exploration simulator it's... pretty good. And your partner won't have to deal with FO3's terrible original ending!

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Wee Bairns posted:

She really is great. She plays it perfect from simple innocence to 'poo poo-I-just cut Ben's head off', to some really emotional moments deep in. And I had no idea she was a Brit using an American accent, and also the voice of Gwynn on Star Trek: Prodigy (which is a great role, but to be fair imo her VA never stood out as spectacular, only capable).

She's also fantastic as Jinx in Arcane. Purnell gets a pretty wide range to play with given Jinx's... eccentricities.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Arc Hammer posted:

From a storytelling side I actually quite like how the Washington and Commonwealth Brotherhoods are so different from California and Nevada.

I remember when 3 dropped some folks were genuinely spitting mad that Lyons' chapter (well, most of it) went semi-altruistic.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

SCheeseman posted:

The vaguely worded chalkboard drawing for children doesn't really change anything. I believe one of the writers or showrunners maintains that New Vegas remains canon.

I recall somewhere they also said it was just a genuine timeline error.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Just for fun.

https://twitter.com/ManyATrueNerd/status/1779589941816598737

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

There's also that group of greaser power armor enthusiasts in 4 but they don't rule like the Tunnel Snakes.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Flesh Forge posted:

There's no dogs allowed in the Vault

Better not to go then. :colbert:

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Accipiter posted:

There are a bunch of pre-war ghouls in the games, Desmond Lockheart being one that immediately comes to mind.

There's at least another in the Underworld in Fallout 3. Her story of what it was like when the bombs fell is honestly kinda affecting.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

TulliusCicero posted:

Lmao

Even Todd Howard has a look of disgust, just lmao

Why does this idiot think he would be in the show at all?

Is it because "HE'S A GAMER BRO?!" and also thinks he's just entitled to be in all media

More or less. For a brief period, people thought of Musk as a real-life Tony Stark. (He was even in Iron Man 2 in a bit which did not age well.) HE SHOT A CAR TO MARS WHOOO and so on and Elon bought into it hard. Then all his shuttles kept exploding, he proved on Twitter why in all his previous partnerships people ditched him as soon as possible and he made a car to rival that of Homer Simpson's own design.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Cojawfee posted:

No, he should have played that idiot wearing a diaper that wanted to marry Lucy.

The example of the valid reason you don't go beyond cousin stuff.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Bussamove posted:

Crippled limbs don’t kill you, they just drastically slow you down!

Thaddeus complaining about how he can't fast travel and doesn't have the point to put in Strong Back.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Accipiter posted:

I've actually never visited NMA before today despite being a Fallout fan for decades. I've of course heard of it a handful of times over the years, I've just never had a desire to be part of that kind of dedicated fan community for, well, anything. (Unless Star Trek Shitposting counts?)

I decided to see what all the fuss was about and had a look at some of the posts and comments just now. Let's just say after 5 minutes or so, I've unsurprisingly come to the conclusion that I haven't missed out on anything and that I'm pretty well done with them.

I remember somebody's manifesto from NMA from back in the day that said any new Fallout that is not an isometric game that looks exactly like 1/2, no graphic update whatsoever even, that was just unhinged.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Tankbuster posted:

I have been seeing a lot of "hes a better finn from star wars"

Hopefully somebody else will never take him aside and point out how child soldiers are bad.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Arc Hammer posted:

He was. And he had way, way more dialogue that they literally couldn't fit him on the disc for the console versions which resulted in him getting cut before getting resurrected for the DLCs

My tolerance for an Avellone character monologuing at me has greatly decreased in recent years.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

BrotherJayne posted:

? That was one of the evolutions that made the most sense

Some folks enjoyed a more altruistic Brotherhood chapter and thought the reversion was unfortunate. I don't entirely disagree. Of course a friendlier-ish Brotherhood was one of the changes some people were big mad over when FO3 came out.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Rougey posted:

IIRC neither they nor their cabinet had been seen in public for about six months beforehand.

They even make mention of that in the show, I believe, talking about how nobody in the press can get to talk to him.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

zoux posted:

She also did Jinx in Arcane and was very very good, and that's a high difficulty role to pull off without straying into obnoxiousness

Between Jinx and Goosey I was a little surprised to find Ella was British.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Mylan posted:

Fallout 2 had a legitimate ghost too. Supernatural poo poo is plentiful in the setting, so magical stuff showing up doesn't really bother me much unless you get into literal "a wizard did it."

Interesting! So we had the supernatural before the Dunwich Building.