Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Sekenr posted:

I glued my balls to my butt again is better IMO

yeah that one slaps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cabbages and Kings
Aug 25, 2004

Shall we be trotting home again?

Internet Old One posted:

I'm more concerned about what will happen when people start training AI on the perfect series of color, shapes, and sounds to keep a hyperactive toddler entertained and quiet for hours.

I think we're going to see weird stuff that might be sort of disturbing and disjointed in the way a lot of the generative content I've seen is, but also Cocomelon already exists. The check against this poo poo is reasonable parental oversight.
I doubt if the generative content will hit some magical optimum because at that age it's parents putting things in front of kids, and I think there's already a big spectrum of content that meets the low bar of "lots of small children will watch this endlessly, given the choice".

Speaking of disjointed and offputting, a friend sent me a playlist of stuff he'd stumbled across he thinks is AI. This one is part of a set that's on Spotify and Apple and Youtube with not much information about who made it or why; it does sound to me like it could be the result of RiffDiffusion or some of the other stuff out there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQ73zUk3NAw

I don't find this interesting enough to listen to, and I also don't find it calm or relaxing in a way that lets me tolerate new agey slow-chord based music as background filler.

If someone gets good enough at using the tools and models that they can produce subjectively interesting music, I won't object to listening to it, but at that point there's probably been at least as much human interaction in the process as is required to create new agey slow chord progression based ambient filler music.

Cabbages and Kings fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Apr 10, 2024

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

pretty awesome that spotify and soundcloud are being poo poo up with AI, it suits the latter already being swarmed with bots. just terrific poo poo

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Cabbages and Kings posted:

Speaking of disjointed and offputting, a friend sent me a playlist of stuff he'd stumbled across he thinks is AI. It's on Spotify and Apple and Youtube with no information about who made it or why; it does sound to me like it could be the result of RiffDiffusion or some of the other stuff out there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQ73zUk3NAw

I don't find this interesting enough to listen to, and I also don't find it calm or relaxing in a way that lets me tolerate new agey slow-chord based music as background filler.

If someone gets good enough at using the tools and models that they can produce subjectively interesting music, I won't object to listening to it, but at that point there's probably been at least as much human interaction in the process as is required to create new agey slow chord progression based ambient filler music.

as someone who does listen to a fair amount of bullshit along those lines, I think that's just someone who is making not-very-good music with fruityloops or whatever

I don't know how the Suno people are doing what they're doing, but I am pretty sure it's not "pure" AI. Like, the output of the AI is being fed into some type of tracking software of the same sort that's allowed thousands of people to make uninspired but professionally-produced music for some time now.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

I think the instrumentation is generative as well, if only because the sound quality is so poor.

naem
May 29, 2011

https://youtu.be/17toLteDPNk?si=smhDvLLp2GHxSbpG

Commie Lasorda
May 15, 2009

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!
https://twitter.com/AngstHarrier/status/1778181096867504587

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 30 days!)

some of these have actually funny lyrics, i wonder if they're just typing them in or if it generates any of it

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

roomtone posted:

some of these have actually funny lyrics, i wonder if they're just typing them in or if it generates any of it

As someone that has used Suno plenty, those are all hand-crafted artisanal ball-scratching lyrics

Ignore_Me
Mar 19, 2024

make another voyager probe and put this on the gold record, it is representative

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
babies need to only see the real world until their tiny little baby brains are developed enough to handle fake world

Peanut Butter
Nov 7, 2011

Wee mannie

Jean Baudrillard posted:

"babies need to only see the real world until their tiny little baby brains are developed enough to handle fake world"

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Just look at what happened after saturating young brains with 80s movie "romance" plots, then multiply it by ∞

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Only a machine has the soul to sing about these topics with so much heart and passion. A human couldn't do it and never will

Commie Lasorda
May 15, 2009

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!
https://twitter.com/AngstHarrier/status/1778304981587886136

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

GABA ghoul posted:

Only a machine has the soul to sing about these topics with so much heart and passion. A human couldn't do it and never will

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mpHQzEB9jU

Not sure i agree

FART BOSS
Aug 27, 2008

~hands upon harrows
heels in the weeds
starving and harvesting
down centuries~

GABA ghoul posted:

Allow me to introduce you to Lucille Bogan, who put out the greatest song about shaving your balls back in 1935

edit: durrr forgot to link it

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gkPCmIxv-3k

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

quote:

AI company: we trained this dog to talk. It doesn’t actually understand language, but it kinda sounds like it’s having a conversation by mimicking the sound of human speech.

CEO: awesome, I’ve fired my entire staff, how quickly can it start diagnosing medical disorders

https://bsky.app/profile/sweavart.bsky.social/post/3kp65lpgfwj2n

Roki B
Jul 25, 2004

Medical Industrial Complex

Biscuit Hider

excuse me is this ai or is this art

Commie Lasorda
May 15, 2009

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!

Roki B posted:

excuse me is this ai or is this art

The lyrics were written by hand so the answer is AI stealing art

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

lol the 50s guy saying whacky rear end stuff xD

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

OMG 20s music but tehy say balls? can i buy funko of the band?

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

i for one am glad that zero effort song parodies are now made into embedded videos which i don't click on instead of written posts which i have to at least skim over

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

i for one am glad that zero effort song parodies are now made into embedded videos which i don't click on instead of written posts which i have to at least skim over

Making a song about this bitch rear end stupid bitch dumb loving post.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

yeah it's not you "making" anything now is it. bitch

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

mad?

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
That artist didn't really paint those leaves, they just stippled with a sponge instead of a horse hair paintbrush!

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

a person clicking on "generate" is a few steps removed from paying an artist on fiverr to draw your weird fetish poo poo or whatever genheads enjoy. if you incorporate the result into your choice of software and play around with it, well, i guess youre making something now but really you just commissioned a piece and now youre editing it in photoshop. why?

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

No you see I hate AI more so I am the smartest. Sorry. It's true. That AI makes me so mad. Those silly pictures aren't funny, those dumb songs are dumb and I would never give a robot oral sex!

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

hold on. i never said that last one

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

Duck and Cover posted:

and I would never give a robot oral sex!

i have some bad news about your job at the dick sucking factory...

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!

TheMuffinMan
Sep 10, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Have you guys seen what the figure 01 robot can do

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sq1QZB5baNw

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

dervival posted:

i have some bad news about your job at the dick sucking factory...

Clearly AI isn't ready for humor.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Sentient Data posted:

That artist didn't really paint those leaves, they just stippled with a sponge instead of a horse hair paintbrush!

Happy little tree? How about happy little see?

That's see you in court buddy!!

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

Sentient Data posted:

No, they bought a brush pack someone else made.

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

Likening generative AI to commissioning an artist is one of those anti-AI arguments that inadvertently ends up bolstering a lot of the rhetoric coming from those pushing the technology. It implies that generative AI tools hold some kind of personhood or intelligence, rather than it being a random noise generator with more steps. You can't defer authority to a seed number anymore than a pair of dice, though tech and big capital in general is definitely trying to do that.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

While this is a fair chunk of text to read it's quite an impressive screed obviously written by a group of complete twats.

https://twitter.com/colin_fraser/status/1778497530176680031?t=Muq5EwGnK-BpdQq7A5XBCQ&s=19

*edit: :lol:

https://twitter.com/colin_fraser/status/1778540493921771527?t=RlI40VLBLudtvLQxfHCu4w&s=19

Olympic Mathlete fucked around with this message at 11:13 on Apr 12, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

so how goes the songwriting