Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blitter
Mar 16, 2011

Intellectual
AI Enthusiast

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

lol you've understood what mechanics do and how automobiles work perfectly

It's hilarious how people who are .. the opposite of a subject matter expert are invariably the ones to spout poo poo about how said task will be replaced by AI.

Just like the venture capitalists, the "Next Big Thing" investors, the middle mangers, and apparently some posters ..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blitter
Mar 16, 2011

Intellectual
AI Enthusiast

Worf posted:

i dont think this is really a good take or comparison tbh

i dont think GPT4 itself is going to change everything, but i think its going to open doors to other AI things happening, and it certainly will make people more comfortable and aware of AI interactions. AI can actually do things besides exist. NFTs were never going to do anything for anybody

people arent going to stop working on AI models anytime soon regardless of whatever bubble exists or even pops

Thanks for telling me you have no loving clue about AI, without actually saying it. :thumbsup:

Blitter
Mar 16, 2011

Intellectual
AI Enthusiast

Worf posted:

explain how so

(you cant)

Certainly! The AI revolution is like a big adventure where the toy boxes (AI systems) learn and share ideas. Some people call it “intellectual theft,” but others think it’s just the toy boxes playing together and getting smarter.

Blitter
Mar 16, 2011

Intellectual
AI Enthusiast

Tarkus posted:

Well LLM's, as they are, are good for text generation, question answering, language translation, sentiment analysis, summarization, code generation, tutoring and education, customer service, and research assistance. I use it all the time for all kinds of things.

Congratulations on being the kind of credulous moron that assumes that a) you actually understand these topics b) the LLM is reliable and correct.

Hope you don't do anything important.

Blitter
Mar 16, 2011

Intellectual
AI Enthusiast

Rad-daddio posted:

Like in a way that takes away jobs or just bait for lazy people?

In that it will produce output that seems plausible to the clueless and the c-suites (i repeat myself) but is in fact a meaningless turd.

Blitter
Mar 16, 2011

Intellectual
AI Enthusiast

I think you need to train your posting LLM with the word "ouroboros".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blitter
Mar 16, 2011

Intellectual
AI Enthusiast

Ghost Leviathan posted:

It's funny how we keep seeing this whiplash from people in the 'brand new toy!' phase who hadn't realised everyone else is in the 'this is radioactive garbage' phase.

My favorite part is how it's another litmus test for credulous morons who just double down on their brand new toy phase while everyone else sprains their eyeballs with all the rolling.

Also, no one needs to worry about general purpose AI or sapient machines; the AI we have and anything derivative is a fleecing machine for rubes and VC for the forseeable future.