Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

Samovar posted:

It sucks big time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

i love the ai thread here in GBS where prompters post dozens of ai spawn past each other for pages at a time. is there any more damning parallel to art as a commodity than being unable to settle on just one?

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

Duck and Cover posted:

I think we can all agree artists get paid too much and hopefully we'll soon be free from their stranglehold on "art".

the only thing GBS can agree on for sure is you being a dumb bitch

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

Pitdragon posted:

automation of repetitive tasks is clearly just a fad with no long term value

is this what you think of art?

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

Das Boo posted:

What does AI do if you prompt "Make this look like a poo poo post."

it spit this out

Das Boo posted:

What does AI do if you prompt "Make this look like a poo poo post."

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

Cabbages and Kings posted:

some of the oldest known cave paintings are sheer trash

woah buddy

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

dumbass

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

try actually standing in front of one before you shoot your mouth off like that

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

SA presents SI: Superficial Intelligence

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

Duck and Cover posted:

I wish artists would grow the gently caress up and learn nobody gives a poo poo about them and whatever meaning they are trying to convey with their art. I'm sorry you got tricked into thinking your product is anything more than something interesting to consume. Lol.

cumpantry posted:

try actually standing in front of one before you shoot your mouth off like that

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

i think he just sucks :shrug:

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

holy poo poo lol please tell me D&C legit has an AI generated lobster hanging in his place. i cant even imagine

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

need to be very clear if you have not physically stood in front of a rothko you have legitimately no idea what you're speaking about. you might not realize it but there's a difference between a thumbnail of google images and the monoliths he painted, full scale

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

i will also lol in perpetuity one of the top 10 most ignored users on this forum has a loving AI lobster hanging up in his house. you cannot make this poo poo up

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

:shepface: very well.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

the simplest argument is rothko's pieces are loving big. theres plenty of people who will dismiss something rothko made because it was printed on a textbook or posted on twitter in it's tiny little thumbnail bitch size. it's not the right way to see his work, that's what you're supposed to do for the mona lisa

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

:shepicide:

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

lol that is depressing

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

lol that is pathetic

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

pretty awesome that spotify and soundcloud are being poo poo up with AI, it suits the latter already being swarmed with bots. just terrific poo poo

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

lol the 50s guy saying whacky rear end stuff xD

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

OMG 20s music but tehy say balls? can i buy funko of the band?

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Making a song about this bitch rear end stupid bitch dumb loving post.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

yeah it's not you "making" anything now is it. bitch

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

a person clicking on "generate" is a few steps removed from paying an artist on fiverr to draw your weird fetish poo poo or whatever genheads enjoy. if you incorporate the result into your choice of software and play around with it, well, i guess youre making something now but really you just commissioned a piece and now youre editing it in photoshop. why?

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

hold on. i never said that last one

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

woa

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

dervival posted:

if you prompt it, they will cum

i remain dry

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

:redass:

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

duude. shrek and star. wars. holy cow

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

durrr i like it when durrr when teh pop cultures are in the same image

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

pixaal posted:

what I really don't get is why are people still using AI from over a year ago to make stuff like that?

Here's what Bing put out first try "2PM, Copacabana, crowd of people excited as a bus departs"

There is still a lot wrong with this image but most of the faces and hands are passable at a glance. Do not look at the hand coming from the middle of the head the lady in focus.

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH