Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 days!)

I played around with that suno.ai thing that made the butthole songs. I asked it to make a blink 182 song about lizard men infiltrating the CIA. the lyrics it came up with were funny, but the song was just a generic pop punk thing with a female vocalist for some reason. then i asked it to make a dmx style song about DBZ, milkshake flavours and ancient greece and it put out some kind of grime hip hop song which forgot about the milkshake part, barely registered ancient greece, but really focused in on the DBZ aspect.

It makes a big first impression but after a few songs you kind of figure out what it's doing, the instrumentation is always simple and the melodies are always flat but technically correct

I'm sure all that will get better. It's already about 60% as good as mainstream radio, and the AI techniques are the same as that kind of music uses anyway like all the autotune and layering of vocal tracks.

I'll always wish this stuff was never invented but I'm not convinced it's going to eradicate human art anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Failson posted:

Dunno if it's been posted yet, but worth repeating:

https://www.wheresyoured.at/bubble-trouble/

LLM-style AI is already at it's peak usefulness. All the information has been consumed, and the output is already getting worse.

Everything from here is based on vague promises of 'synthetic data' and computing breakthroughs that will not exist.

this article is like a cool drink of water on a hot day for me, thanks.

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

some of these have actually funny lyrics, i wonder if they're just typing them in or if it generates any of it

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

the image LLMs have totally hosed up google image search. if i'm looking for reference photos of something, now there's a bunch of generated stuff in the mix, which is useless.