Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

ChatGPT and DALL-E are just the tips of the iceberg and the Luddites from this thread who can't see that are going to be left in the dust. Those who embrace the tech will reap the fruits of AI while everyone else will be relegated to becoming lowly computer mechanics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

cumpantry posted:

the only thing GBS can agree on for sure is you being a dumb bitch

I will not be reporting this post for not being a better posting pal

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

AI is going to be big mad when computer engineers feed it these posts. And guess who will be in charge of charging, judging, and sentencing criminals by then :mmmsmug:

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Salt Fish posted:

AI sucks and if you like it you have manager brain.

Spoken like a true "needs improvement" individual contributor

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

I genuinely don't know why people still use Google when better search engines - Brave, StartPage, even Duck Duck Go - exist. Not a criticism; it just sounds like Google search hasn't been worth it for a few years now.

I like to buy things

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Rad-daddio posted:

What's this? You just spit paint onto your hand like a stencil? Fuckin lame!

Look at this Entelodont's huge balls

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Duck and Cover posted:

I wish artists would grow the gently caress up and learn nobody gives a poo poo about them and whatever meaning they are trying to convey with their art. I'm sorry you got tricked into thinking your product is anything more than something interesting to consume. Lol.

More proof D&C is an AI. Let's see a picture of that pepper cannon next to today's newspaper, robot

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

cumpantry posted:

the simplest argument is rothko's pieces are loving big. theres plenty of people who will dismiss something rothko made because it was printed on a textbook or posted on twitter in it's tiny little thumbnail bitch size. it's not the right way to see his work, that's what you're supposed to do for the mona lisa

I printed out the big green one using rasterbate on 50 pieces of paper in grey scale and I couldn't figure out how to get rid of the margins but I think it was a good approximation and it stunk

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Outpost22 posted:

Is there an AI art that can drive you mad just by staring at it?

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

ChatGPT called me a slur

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Micro$hit strikes again

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

lol, modern day mechanical turk

https://www.mturk.com/

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Random Stranger posted:

If we do not have at least five gimmick posters who are AI chatbots with threads piped into them and set to write a new reply periodically, I would be disappointed in goons.

Welcome to gbs

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

All of my posts since February 2023 have been made using generative AI. And no one even noticed :awesomelon:

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

I noticed a huge improvement tbh

:mad:

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

toggle posted:

I just got paid 41 cents on Pond5 for some stock footage, or in this case “datasets” that “support companies building computer vision and Large Language Models” and to “provide a potential new source of revenue by expanding our reach to new customers and industries, including AI researchers, and leading technology developers and manufacturers”

Wonderful.

In the future this will be the only form of work humans do

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Nice flesh golem

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

AlmightyBob posted:

screw that give me hifi hiphop. quadraphonic vinyl shag carpeting in a sunken living room beats to do quaaludes to

:frogc00l:

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I just graduated from a prompt boot camp
Who wants to hire me, looking for big figgies only plz

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

If someone can be a software engineer because they know how to Google for snippets of working code, someone can be a prompt engineer because they know how to prompt for working pieces of AI art

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Rad-daddio posted:

also, asking for help on the arduino forum is like asking random passersby to punch you in the head. I'd rather ask the same stupid questions to chatgpt until the code works.

Sounds like somebody didn't RTFM :grin:

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Prompt artists are like any other tradesperson that uses their knowledge of tools to make a living. Show some respect for blue collar workers

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Hammerite posted:

:hmmno: prompt engineer
:hmmyes: sandwich artist

posting technician

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

cumpantry posted:

durrr i like it when durrr when teh pop cultures are in the same image

you love Shrek wars and you want to marry it

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

I'm a little annoyed that generative ai stole all my cheap portrait commissions I was getting but to be fair I'm a substandard artist and I didn't enjoy doing them all that much

Don't be so hard on yourself I'm sure your furry p*rn portraits were merely uninspired and lackluster

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Klyith posted:

vituperative

:goofy:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

In AI We Trust