Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
like most technology, i think it's cool in how it works and is fun to experiment with but capitalism will do its darndest to make everything the worst outcome possible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
more like ai fart

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost

redshirt posted:

What is even the purpose of art? When you could be tilling fields or stacking stones??

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost

Failson posted:

Dunno if it's been posted yet, but worth repeating:

https://www.wheresyoured.at/bubble-trouble/

LLM-style AI is already at it's peak usefulness. All the information has been consumed, and the output is already getting worse.

Everything from here is based on vague promises of 'synthetic data' and computing breakthroughs that will not exist.

Good article.

My thought is what most people are thinking/seeing is 'wow AI has come so far so fast, if progress continues at this rate then maybe we can have real AI soon'. Which ofc is misinformed for the reasons he describes.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost

GABA ghoul posted:

But it mostly sounds like STDH revenge fantasy fanfic :jerkbag:

It's easy to make an image of a person, it's hard to make ten images of the same exact person from different perspectives (especially perspectives that the AI model wasn't trained extensively on). Some of the issues the person mentions it seems should be doable by a 'prompter' (like removing the trees) but a lot of the others get to the fact that someone who knows how to use other artistic tools would have a very easy time making simple tweaks but someone who is only able to futz with an AI prompt will never be able to have that sort of control over what they produce.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
a (masterpiece, brilliant) (post:1.5) about (AI), sarcastic, cutting, funny, good, not bad, not awful, very good, great, with (puns:9.99)

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
poo poo i posted my confidential AI-powered posting engine secret sauce

vvv >:(

Mozi fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Apr 22, 2024

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
ok no more shogun spoilers but i'll just say that by the end i "was a believer"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
not for nothing but i still think it's cool that we went from DeepMind doing weird trippy eyeballs and stuff to SD

just a shame about *waves hands in all other directions*