Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
My DD1 pawn looked like a proto-Ranni from Elden Ring and I got thanked by goons in the DD1 thread since it was such a good healer.

Is there a butt rock song somewhere in the game from the early streamers?? I want the wind to be pushing me during the final boss (I played DD for the first time on ps4 so I didn't get Into Free for the final sequence :( )

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I've been spoiled by modern games and wish there were markers for quest givers. I don't want to have to talk to every freaking NPC to see if they have a quest. I found two that didn't auto start dialog.

Also I lost 2 levels worth of progress because I didn't realize reloading last inn save literally doesn't keep any progress past that save lol

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

I said come in! posted:

Ooh yeah this should just be removed from the game, it’s a terrible feature. Instead of reloading a save, the game should just respawn you either at the nearest inn, or at a checkpoint near where you died.

That's what "Reload Last Save" does but you still have all the accumulated max HP damage, I was down to 50% max hp and there was no camp in sight and just hordes of enemies that I had to reload the inn save.

Also there was a notice board in DD1 but iirc those were procgen quests? (or very lazily designed quests)

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I just noticed when the logo popped up in the opening and in the title screen it just says Dragon's Dogma without any 2/II :tinfoil: Expecting some crazy rear end plot fuckery please deliver Capcom

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Nuebot posted:

Also I feel like I'm doing something wrong, climbing on enemies kind of sucks now? Pretty much any time they move you get locked into a really long "grab hold so you don't fly off" animation that consumes like half of my stamina and also you can't just jump off of them during this animation, so if they do that while I'm at half stamina I get to just fall off and take most of my health in damage then get hit and die. Also it takes most of my stamina just to reach the head of a cyclops or whatever.

Thief seems to be the dedicated climbing on monsters class as I do a billion damage with Twin Fangs and barely lose stamina when climbing the monster.

Also I got my first portcrystal and I was looking for a permanent one in Sacred Arbor but I couldn't find one, is there one there? The internet is giving me dubious results

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
20 grand to get laid at the brothel?! I could buy a house for that much! :v:

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Dammit a quest auto-failed when I did a Point of No Return quest. This is one of the newer releases where I'd want to replay to see all the content but all the snooping about the palace during the early game main quests was boring when I want to be spin slashing monsters.

I'm in Battahl now so hopefully the main quests are more action packed but DD1's main quests from what I remember were more actiony/interesting

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Shyrka posted:

Failing that, anyone know any chests where I can find courtly clothes? I found a chest full of marcher armour in the castle which made me annoyed at having bought that for my sneaking mission earlier.

In Vernworth castle offices Sven's room has a full set of courtly clothes

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Broken Cog posted:

Literally nothing changes. It's extremely anticlimatic lol

I had 2 quests auto-fail when I did it that weren’t Brant’s quests

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Babe Magnet posted:

yeah off the top of my head I'm sure the one where you got back to melve to check on it and the mayor runs away ends prematurely

Yeah it was this one and a bugged quest that failed for me.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Wow I went back to Vermouth after faffing around in Battahl for a bit and I'm still running into new quests. There's definitely not a lack of content.

Also I fought a drake and got it to about half health and it flew off, then a griffon landed in the same spot and I was about to kill it then it also took off :(

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I’ve been selling those books that cast mage/sorceror spells, any other use for them?

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

MeatwadIsGod posted:

All these spoilered sphinx posts make me realize I should set aside time to find her. I'll assume the story you hear in the beggar quest is accurate as to roughly where she is.

I found the Sphinx while randomly exploring, bring a portcrystal if you can she's far away from like anything

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Jack Trades posted:

After I get to the big desert city, will I be able to beeline to the Warfarer trainer right away?

I made this my after work adventure yesterday and it was a long (but fun) trek to get to the trainer. You'll probably also run into the Magick Archer trainer right before the Wayfarer one so two birds one stone

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Oh no I think a pawn I hired had dragonblight, I got the tutorial pop up for it after I hired a new pawn and then when I was exploring one pawn told the new one to quit slacking off so I promptly threw the slacker into the Brine. Hopefully it didn't spread to the other 2 :ohdear:

Lakbay fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Mar 28, 2024

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Spoiled myself on the remaining portcrystals and one was located in an area I was in the process of exploring so maybe I didn't need to spoil myself (though given the nature of the area I coulda easily have missed it).

This is my current GOTY but like others have said it's rough around the edges and while it's the most fun I've had video gaming this year I definitely wouldn't give it a 9 or 10/10. I still don't want the game to end though but I'm running out of side quests and map to explore :(

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Wow screw the Riddle of Rumination, guess I'm not finishing the Sphinx content

Cleaning up the map I kinda wish I finished exploring Vermund before setting foot in Battahl since the loot is all lower leveled

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Vargs posted:

I failed that one and could still progress the questline.

That's good to know, I'm on PS5 so no mods for me

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Anyone running daggers/magic bow on a Wayfarer? I have skull splitter and satellite avalanche but can’t decide on the 3rd skill. Currently have smoke screen just because I’ve never used it before

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Finally had a harpy dive bomb the ropeway carriage I was riding and my entire party faceplanted to our deaths. I'd say the MA augment to speed up pawn resurrection is worth it because the speed up is noticeable.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Oh interesting, I got the get poisoned quest but was going to ignore it because my main pawn is a support mage with high halidom but with the quest active she knew not to cast so I could actually show up to the quest giver poisoned.

Also is there any way to recolor armor? I have an end game thief body armor but it's this awful orange that looks like muppet skin

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Cleaned up the map fog in Battahl and all I have left is where you get magick archer/wayfarer but from posts here sounds like there isn't much exploration there that isn't endgame story related.

Also the game dumped on me one last sidequest when I revisted the hot springs to remove scars

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I got to the post game and this looks cool, bummer that there's a (post game spoilers) rest limit but on the flip side it should make things challenging again.

Also lol (end game spoilers) the warrior guarding Phaesus was harder than the Dragon and nearly killed me

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Post game question How do you get the merchants to inhabit the seafloor shrine town? I evacuated Bakbattahl and Sacred Arbor but no one is there yet, do I have to use one of my precious rests?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Beat it, felt it was better overall than 1 but wow the main quest sucked rear end compared to 1. Wished there were more set piece areas like Misty Moors and Wyrmsblood Forest