Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I helped the dude in the capital city by finding the shocking evidence on the queen and killing some monsters, now I have no more quests from him and am just kind of wandering. Did I totally lose a thread on the main story? I forget how my last encounter with him wrapped up.

I broke into the beastren area and have been wandering around there but, again, aimlessly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Phlegmish posted:

He is supposed to give you a permit for Battahl once you've attended the coronation and everything's wrapped up. Are you sure he has nothing more to say?

Weird, I don't have any quests related to him anymore. The only quests I have are "make contact with the shadowy figure" and "find the sculptor in battahl". Is my game bugged? Or maybe I just need to go back to the bar and see if he's standing at that table still.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Phlegmish posted:

Normally a guy walks up to you saying Brant has more for you to do. Maybe you missed it. Yeah, just go to the inn at night and speak to him again.

e: actually I think you just need to do the Shadowy Figure quest, it is in fact Brant-related

Thanks this is probably my issue then. I tried figuring that quest out for a while but couldn't spot the guy. Just looked it up and I guess there's nothing to it really, I just missed him.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Getting the augment that makes seeker tokens chime has been great. It's revitalized Vermund for me, now that I have a reason (however flimsy) to climb all over it again.

I keep expecting to get tired of this game but it's just so engrossing and charming.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

homeless snail posted:

I must be deaf because I never heard the chime. But getting wallhacks for them too is plenty

Maybe you have an audio setting turned down or something? The chime is hard to miss, especially when you're in a town and there are 4 tokens scattered within earshot.

And it gets quicker as you get closer so when you're on top of it it's beeping nonstop.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Climbed the western mountain path from Bakbathall to Vermund last night. Crisscrossing across the waterfall in a torrential downpour. Literally just walking from point A to point B, not even for any real purpose other than exploring, and it was some of the most fun I've had in a game in ages.

When I realized it literally lets out right under the bridge of the checkpoint town I had to chuckle. It was under my nose this whole time!

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

I'm going to be doing some dragon hunting soon. Is there a good way to save your pawns from the explosion spell dragons can do? The one that fires upward from the ground.

It's not hard to dodge but the pawns rarely manage to, and it deals a boatload of damage. My initial thought was just to run Mystic Spearhand and have shields on everyone constantly.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Sloober posted:

there's red firey spots on the ground, just dont stand in them, generally i just run around like my rear end is already on fire

I know, I'm asking how to protect my pawns from it. If there is any way that is.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Sloober posted:

you can reliably save them by running your rear end away and telling them to follow, just moving is enough to save them most of the time

Ah gotcha that makes sense I hadn't thought of using the follow command to force them to move. Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Deformed Church posted:

How do you not high five your pawns all the time? Just practically, they want it constantly and you will get dragged into it if you walk even vaguely near them, which is common when you've both been beating up the last guy in a fight. It's difficult to not high five them.

I'm a manlet and my pawns hands are out of reach

edit: Well whatever the cat version of a manlet is