Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
A gore harpy just dumped me into the ocean

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

The bad reviews are mostly down to poor PC performance and microtransactions. The PC performance concerns are very valid, the MTX concerns much less so (they are no different to the typical minor examples you find in most modern PC games)
If you have ever played any of the Monster Hunter games, that's kind of the same the same gameplay feel.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

flashman posted:

Thx for the input I've got a strong pc so I think I will check it out

You will need something more powerful than a 7800X3D and 4090 to avoid dips to 40fps and below

quote:

Someone was saying earlier that giving the wyrmlife crystals to Ambrosius was a point of no return

if that's true that's like the shortest campaign I've played in years. I'm on that step now and I feel like I've barely played through the story

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

Shoehead posted:

It's the one for Irish Travellers that starts with a K

Knackers? They're called knackers, you get knacker fangs and such. Knacker is a generic word anyway with several different meanings in English. The old knacker's had it, I'm knackered, my knee is knackered, etc etc

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

I bought some robes for my mage pawn in Bakbatahl which had much better stats and turns out it's basically a bikini.
Good thing there's no icy regions in the game.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

Not being a dick but we've already been told to move on from that by a mod

HopperUK posted:

I see the thread is already moving on but no more 'knacker' discussion. It's been used as a slur but it's not cut and dried and it has a lot of non-slur meanings so let's not get caught up in seeing bigotry where none exists. Cheers.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

TheMostFrench posted:

Mystic Spearhand has been pretty :kingsley:

A few things not quite what I was expecting like how you can teleport to an enemy in the air but if you miss or fail to grab them you basically just fall to the ground the same as if you had jumped off a cliff. It is a vocation that quickly punishes you for failing to maintain style.

MSH is amazing. If you fight a large group and just one of them flinches, it's all over. The psychic grab is extremely powerful. I feel like a Sith Lord chaining it over and over until everything dies.
Plus of course, the party-wide invulnerability skill which is just hilariously overpowered and is probably gonna get tuned down at some point

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

I don't think it helps that it's using vibration feedback for a lot of little things. At one point it was just non-stop 'bzzzzzzzzzzzt' vibrations when I was fighting the poison asps alongside a troll and a gryphon.
My controller runs out of charge very quickly anyway, but it's very fast on DD2.
The dualsense battery has always been anaemic, and games like DD2 just highlights it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

Godmode/charged ranged attack/that attack that makes you rush at enemies/jedi force throw
For damage you can just spam the gently caress out of basic attack to do that twirly thing.
Make sure you have magick pawns so they can buff your weapon with elemental damage.