Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Why did the character creator let me save multiple pawns, when the main game just used the last one saved? Can I find the other ones somewhere?

Also, controversal I know, but this game runs like rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

big nipples big life posted:

You have to go into the character creator demo and edit a different one, then when you save it will ask if you want to make this the new char the demo sends to the full game.

I've already started a game. If I do this now, will it replace my current pawn?

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

explosivo posted:

No, you go on a bit of a trek then a fight happens then it becomes a "We're good here if you want to teleport to the capital with us come along otherwise you can make your own way there"

Does it actually teleport you? Because I said yes, went to sit on the cart, then after 2 minutes of the cart painfully slowly making its way forward, stood up and started walking.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Saw a loading screen tip that said something like "Plants that grow wild in your world might be scarce beyond the rift."
Do players get different harvestable plants spawning in each world?

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Can you change your pawns name with the transmog book?

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
I'm playing archer with kbm and it's fine.
Wouldn't be surprised if that vocation works better than controller, even.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
What the post above is trying to say is that, yes, it has some serious performance issues. Especially on older hardware.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Infinity Gaia posted:

Man I can't wait until some of these weirder/more indepth sidequests get explored by a bunch of people online, I'm pretty sure I hosed up at least one or two of em so far.

And this time around you can't even start over to get them

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Just run your pawn without a helmet.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Are gems used for anything, or can I just sell them?

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Found the Logistician specialization for pawns, the one that makes pawns rearrange the inventories of your party. It's from the high priest taking donations of food/gold outside the slums in Vernworth. Give a few donations and he'll give you a quick quest. Complete that.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
So.... there's no way to change your pawns name.
And you can't start a new game without some cloud/local save fuckery.

Better make sure you get it right the first time around, folks.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Archer is super strong. Get the explosive arrow skill, take down boss monsters in 4 well-aimed shots

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

George Sex - REAL posted:

Either I didn't get it from this quest, or I somehow sold the item that grants the specialization. Any idea on if there's another way to get it?

You have to come back to the priest and talk with him a bit later. You also get a scroll from the kid, should be hanging out in the temple garden.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Inn prices seem to stay static, so you'll soon find way more than you use for it out in the wild.

I found 12000 gold from one chest earlier.

Edit: Bit tricky to shop in the Elven city

Broken Cog fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Mar 23, 2024

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
*Runs past a campsite*

"No arisen! We shouldn't camp when we have no need!"
"Camping often is a waste of our resources!"
"We need not rest arisen! Let's continue on!"
etc etc etc

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Phlegmish posted:

Anyone know how to get the Forager's Tome? I did the Heel of History quest but I got a Logistician's Tome instead

You can get it from the kid after the same quest. He should be hanging out around the temple garden there.

Anyone figured out if the headless statues that are scattered everywhere have any use?

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
The thief maisters is part of the main questline so yeah

Man, I'm really annoyed that you can't change your pawns name

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Prel posted:

It appears the DD discord did some experimenting and the consensus is:
  • When you change vocations, some of your base stats automatically swap to match whatever vocation you are, i.e. if you go from Fighter to Mage you lose some Strength and gain some Magic
  • When you level up, you ALSO gain some permanent base stat based on your current vocation, i.e. level up as Mage, gain some Magic, level up as Fighter, gain some Strength
  • As you approach level 200, the level up stat allotment balances out such that at level 200 it does NOT matter at all what vocations you used to reach there
So it "matters" early/mid levels (depends on how you view level 200 I guess), but for anybody that probably cares enough about what their min/max stats look like at highish levels this is probably fine? And even when it does matter earlier on it seems to be way less impactful than DD1 because of the chunk of stats that auto-swap with vocation now.

tl;dr gently caress it do whatever you want, it'll be fine

On the other hand, in DD1 you could finish all main + DLC content way before getting even close to 200, so if it's an issue before that, it could still be a bit of an issue.

Then again, not like this is that hard of a game, at least not so far.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Exclamation marks seems to just be your pawns marking something of interest that is not a treasure chest or a resource node.
Usually ladders

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Btw, a lot of locked doors can be opened by finding an angle on the other side of the door, and shooting out the plank blocking it with a bow.
For most houses you can do this through a window at the back.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Stumbled across a Drake

Yeah, I'm not ready to fight these guys yet

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Owl Inspector posted:

a dark souls 2 style HP penalty per death (but about 3x as severe as that game) is not something I expected and it suck rear end

Just rest at a camp and it goes away

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
"Rifstone of Abundance" lmao

It has pawns with "a distinct upper body".

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Ok, if anyone else has been looking for Miasmatite or w/e. It seems to only drop from ghosts that only show up at night.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Ok, so I figured out how to understand the Elves
Seems you need a pawn with the "Woodland Wordsmith" specialization.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Someone teach me how to do actual damage as Sorcerer. Like, going from Archer that can take off half a boss health bar with one explosive shot to this is painful.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Ok, so I think I used one of those tomes this wizard dude is looking for to see what it did. It's not unique, is it? Is there any way of getting another one?

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
You also get a really good bow if you do the quest for the elf dude that asks you for a bow in the main city. He should be hanging out outside the weapon merchant.

Edit: That quest also made me lol, because the elf goes like "What, you humans make bows for actual shooting? We elves make bows for the heart!"

Broken Cog fucked around with this message at 13:01 on Mar 24, 2024

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Phlegmish posted:

I have money but I have no idea where the spoilered area is, could you mark it on my map

If you do the quest I mentioned, the questgiver will eventually take you there.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Phlegmish posted:

How do you communicate with the elves? Did you end up finding a pawn with the Woodland Whisperer specialization?

I did, but I haven't tested him yet. You can finish that quest without it though, because the questgiver elf speaks English, and leads you around.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
There's almost always a riftstone close by any camp site, so I haven't had many camping issues with losing my main pawn so far

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Unsurprisingly, one of the archery maisters is the elven leader.
Teaches Heavenly Shot.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Phlegmish posted:

Can you just walk up to him and ask him to teach it to your pawn?

Is it actually a good ability?
Haven't tested it since I'm Sorcerer right now, but like the other maisters, he gives you a book which lets both you and your pawn learn it.

I just went back and talked with him after finishing the bow elf quest, though I did have a translator with me this time.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Man, the Saintess of the Slums had an anticlimatic ending.

I actually had to look up what you were supposed to do for the last step.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
I'm reminded of how on NG+ in DD1, you could easily kick the oxen to death when you were supposed to "motivate" them during that trip to Gran Soren.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Perfection

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
How can you see what people like/dislike as gifts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

bees everywhere posted:

In the start menu if you click history you can pull up the NPC profiles where it shows that.

Thanks! That's really weird, but nothing surprises me in this game anymore